Who else was impressed by Pacquiao?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Who else was impressed by Pacquiao?
Pookie
12/7/08 7:10:57AM
I really, really thought Delahoya was going to make it a competitive fight. and he just got destroyed, it was embarrassing.

And did anybody else laugh at the number of times larry merchant talked down to delahoya after the match

Mayweather has to come out to fight Pacquiao... if he doesnt then he will never be remembered as the #1 p4p best because he didnt take the biggest challenge of his career in pacquiao. He cares about that reputation too much and it will happen when the money is right lol.

I think Pacquiao has one of the best styles in all of boxing to beat mayweather.
owen1
12/7/08 8:47:13AM
Ya Pacquiao was amazing last night.It was a complete domination.I though he could win but not like that.His handspeed and footwork was the key.

Posted by Pookie
I think Pacquiao has one of the best styles in all of boxing to beat mayweather.

I dont really see your point here though.Mayweather is a nightmare for an offensive fighter like pacquiao,he is too open for counters.
Wolfenstein
12/7/08 9:07:08AM
I was surprised Pacquiao was the underdog in this fight. Moving up in weight I thought Oscar would have the advantage in power, but Pacquiao never once seemed stunned. Oscar just wasn't the same fighter he used to be. Maybe 3 or 4 years ago this would have been a very competetive fight.
Jackelope
12/7/08 9:45:58AM
I had this to say on the forums before the fight

Oscar might win it due to his powerful hook, but everywhere else I see Manny beating him

I told some co-workers of mine that Pacquiao was going to "embarass" De La Hoya, and they got pissed at me for saying that. One of the guys (a hispanic dude) told me I didn't know shit about boxing, and that Oscar is a heavy favorite.

Glad to see somebody say it was "embarassing" because now I'm going to specifically rub that in his face just cuz he was such a dick after I said that to him Don't get me wrong, Oscar is a legend, but in this fight the chips were more than stacked against him. I honestly believe if Hopkins hadn't of devastated in his last fight then Oscar wouldn't have been the favorite. People were just riding the old man train. Hell, I didn't think Hopkins would do as well as he did

Anyway, I'm glad to see Pacquiao take it in dominating fashion. Mayweather needs to fight him, but psch.. like that will happen. He'll continue ducking. Even if he does end up fighting him and losing he'll have all the excuses. I'm done with Mayweather. He's probably the best p4p, but what good is that if you won't prove it?

I'm all about Pacquiao and Margarito now. I also hope Clottey polishes his skills and makes a run for the top.
cmb19932
12/7/08 11:11:44AM
i got ripped on so bad by all the mexican and peruvian kids at my school for saying de la hoya was gonna get killed i even said round nine thow in the towel and then this quote came out from a kid named angel

"u clearly dont know boxing i bet ur favorite boxer is mike tyson no wait it cant be ur white so ur a no one fan cuz mexicans puerto ricans and african americans rule the sport"

i explained my current favorite boxer was ricky hatton and that he is white then i said my all time favorite is mickey ward followed closely by joe louis he then proceded to say ricky hatton has never fought any one top teir and he doesnt even know who mickey ward is
postman
12/7/08 11:49:40AM

Posted by cmb19932

i got ripped on so bad by all the mexican and peruvian kids at my school for saying de la hoya was gonna get killed i even said round nine thow in the towel and then this quote came out from a kid named angel

"u clearly dont know boxing i bet ur favorite boxer is mike tyson no wait it cant be ur white so ur a no one fan cuz mexicans puerto ricans and african americans rule the sport"

i explained my current favorite boxer was ricky hatton and that he is white then i said my all time favorite is mickey ward followed closely by joe louis he then proceded to say ricky hatton has never fought any one top teir and he doesnt even know who mickey ward is

Funny how Mexican can root for De La Hoya and Phillapinos can pull for Pacquiao and African Americans can pull for Mayweather but if a white guy likes Hatton he a dick.
cmb19932
12/7/08 11:56:28AM
i know its totally unfair i mean i dont hate any of those guys in fact pac man is another one of my favorites but no way clearly im a racist idiot who knows that ali wasnt undefeated because according to these guys he never lost oh and cassius clay was a whole different guy
aaa9erh8er
12/7/08 12:15:27PM
im not gonna coment on the race thing. dont wanna get in trouble. but i was stunned at how fast pacman was ive seen him b4 but it seemed like he got faster. ive never seen hands like that in any sport
cmb19932
12/7/08 12:40:00PM
its cool im freinds with those guys but there just dumb

ya pac mans hands were real fast if he fights hatton it has the makings for fight of theyear easily i just dont know who id give it to hatton is stronger but pacs got so much speed unless manny decides to go in there and brawl in witch case its hattons fight but god damn would it be exciting
StorminYourman
12/7/08 1:04:02PM
For a little guy pac man had some power.
I was impressed.
Thought De La Hoya would just counter and make him pay every time he came in range, but the kid was just too quick.
Big ups to Manny for a very impressive win over a guy who right now should be considering retirement.
Jackelope
12/7/08 1:19:05PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

im not gonna coment on the race thing. dont wanna get in trouble. but i was stunned at how fast pacman was ive seen him b4 but it seemed like he got faster. ive never seen hands like that in any sport

I don't know, I still think Mayweather has the fastest hands of any boxer. Pacquiao is definitely impressive, but I'd kill to see them fight just to see the handspeed battle. People forget how good of a fighter Mayweather is just cuz he's such a douche. The guy has amazing boxing skills.
Rollins
12/7/08 4:43:50PM

And did anybody else laugh at the number of times larry merchant talked down to delahoya after the match

He always acts like a smug ass, I wish he would just go away. FOREVER.
The_Metal_Maniac
12/8/08 1:02:20AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by aaa9erh8er

I don't know, I still think Mayweather has the fastest hands of any boxer. Pacquiao is definitely impressive, but I'd kill to see them fight just to see the handspeed battle. People forget how good of a fighter Mayweather is just cuz he's such a douche. The guy has amazing boxing skills.

That's the next dream fight for boxing pretty much. If the money is right I'm sure they could always figure a way to get Mayweather and Pac Man in the ring. However boxing analysts already want to see Hatton vs. Pacquiao which I think isn't a very competitive match for Manny. If we were to see Mayweather and Pac man I think you would see a decisive Mayweather victory. Manny is tremendously fast but he would be going against an equally fast or perhaps faster Mayweather who makes a living out of countering overly aggressive fighters such as Manny.
cmill21
12/8/08 2:19:11AM
I agree, Floyd is probably the quickest. I don't want to see a Hatton vs Manny fight since I think it would be worse then the Oscar fight but I know it would be huge since Hatton is very popular, but I think Floyd would sell better with his mouth.
Pookie
12/8/08 4:19:27AM

Posted by owen1

Ya Pacquiao was amazing last night.It was a complete domination.I though he could win but not like that.His handspeed and footwork was the key.

Posted by Pookie

I dont really see your point here though.Mayweather is a nightmare for an offensive fighter like pacquiao,he is too open for counters.

I think mayweather has made his career being the more agile and quicker reflexed boxer, but in both these categories i think Pacquiao has him beat, his lateral movement and hand speed is fast enough to hit him when he opens up, the thing with the philly shell defense is that something is always open and manny's ability to rush in flurries with his ridiculous handspeed can put him in a position where mayweather gets overwhelmed.

Floyd is also a very passive fighter, is he going to do enough offensively to stop pacquaio? and can he win a decision against a fighter that puts up 3-4x as many strikes thrown per round?