Important Annoucement!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Important Annoucement!
MMA
2/4/07 10:52:55AM
After the first event picks, we have already receive several reports on possible wager frauds. Those found guilty will be dealt with accordingly.

In the future, if you detect any suspicious activities by users, please use the " Report suspected wager manipulation" found at bottom right corner of the user's "Financial History" information.

We will need everyone's help, especially as this site continues to grow, in detecting any and all possible frauds.

Thank you.
shawneth
2/4/07 12:38:23PM
How are people frauding there wagers. I didnt know that was possible. Sry for my ignorance but ive never really made any wagers so i dont know how it works.
Tigger
2/4/07 4:38:13PM
Same here. this would be my first sports fantasy experience period? whats the deal?
MMA
2/4/07 6:38:13PM
They make multiple accounts and bet with themselves.
eiredave
2/6/07 4:01:03PM
can there not be 1 account per ip address i know it womt stop every thing but it will be more award i think
nellyhiphophead
2/6/07 5:32:24PM

Posted by eiredave

can there not be 1 account per ip address i know it womt stop every thing but it will be more award i think

that would be shity cause roommates or other fam member might want to play to. i know also i have friends that come over and make pickes and wagers on my p.c.
punkrockike
2/7/07 10:43:52AM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

Posted by eiredave

that would be shity cause roommates or other fam member might want to play to. i know also i have friends that come over and make pickes and wagers on my p.c.

it would be shitty becuase my girlfriend plays and we share a comp. and my friend in texas, his gf plays too on his comp. but i emailed the sight and told them about it.

p.s.- i love how both the gf's ranked higher than me from the last event. sigh. i am shamed.
nellyhiphophead
2/7/07 11:09:30AM

Posted by punkrockike

Posted by nellyhiphophead

Posted by eiredave

it would be shitty becuase my girlfriend plays and we share a comp. and my friend in texas, his gf plays too on his comp. but i emailed the sight and told them about it.

p.s.- i love how both the gf's ranked higher than me from the last event. sigh. i am shamed.

ahah thats hurts the pride abit i bet, dont' worry i'm sure they won't have you by the end of the season.
Sagat_GSP12
2/7/07 2:37:06PM
Don't ever doubt lady luck.
It's similar to March Madness brackets. How many women do their picks with phrases such as... "Well my uncle Bill went there so I have to pick them." Or, "My second boyfriend dumped me and graduated from that school so they have to lose." We've all heard them before.
unchillphil
2/13/07 2:34:56AM
I think it's good that you guys added this option. I'm sure that self-policing will be very efficient in coping with fantasy fraud.

I also noticed that some fights have minimum odds (Silva/Henderson is 2/1).

I know cause I tried 500 for 300 and it wouldn't let me!

That's good and will ensure that nobody gets incredibly favorable odds.
madmarck
2/22/07 3:53:50PM

Posted by MMA

They make multiple accounts and bet with themselves.

Because this fake money is worth so much to them?? People have got to get over fake illusions of wealth. It is seriously getting sad. Its the same with Post Whoring. Where does your post count get you in the real world? I have yet to see either of these on this site so i think we are on a decen track.
Cajetan
2/24/07 12:17:46PM
I completely agree with madmark, that is just sad and pathetic, just kill yourself if you got to make a fake account to give your life meaning.
tunefish
3/2/07 5:27:54AM
Blah... my uncle just got his account suspended because we're on the same network! come on... he can't visit his mom every time he wants to pay this site a visit!
Flash
4/6/07 9:50:13PM
If you feel the need to cheat on an on-line fantasy league you should be banned for life. For those cheaters that have a life.
spoilerz
4/10/07 8:05:05AM
I thin it was somoene in my campo that got caught , cause today i have no camp

if there is a camp that wants me please msg me..i have a nice 70%+ record.

thanks
jon
aka SpoilerZ
Tamara
4/13/07 3:08:35AM
http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic3937-1.html

vote no