Imes vs. Herring at UFC 69

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Imes vs. Herring at UFC 69
BabbyHughes
2/19/07 11:22:08PM
This will be interesting. I will have to put my money on Herring, but Imes is a big guy. He has been out of the game for a while, but it could have been beneficial to his fighting style. Afterall, when he did TuF he had only been training for like 6months? Judging by the fights that I've seen Imes in, I think he will get beat down by Herring if he hasn't improved his game.

The way I see it, Herring 2nd round KO/TKO.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4528
Playground_Samurai
2/20/07 12:38:26AM
I'm actually looking forward to this fight. Two big guys that like to bang. Should be a "slobberknocker". I'm gonna have to go with Herring strictly based on experience.
OB_Juan
2/20/07 12:49:04AM
If Imes has been training the whole time he's been off then I think he has a very good shot since it would have basically tripled his experience. I've never really been impressed w/ Herring anyhow.
Zvonimir
2/20/07 1:24:43AM
Hopefully Herring's knees will be healed up. Should be a good fight.
hippysmacker
2/20/07 1:53:53AM
Unless Imes decides to remain standing the whole fight, I think he should be favored. If he get's rocked at any time he can always just clinch and go to the ground with Herring. If he really had a torn MCL, instead of sprained, it's highly unlikely he will be able to fight any better than he did against O'Brien.
JunCTion
2/20/07 9:15:59AM

Posted by BabbyHughes

This will be interesting. I will have to put my money on Herring, but Imes is a big guy. He has been out of the game for a while, but it could have been beneficial to his fighting style. Afterall, when he did TuF he had only been training for like 6months? Judging by the fights that I've seen Imes in, I think he will get beat down by Herring if he hasn't improved his game.

sorry BabbyHughes, i accidentily started a new thread on this fight and got the event wrong (ufc69/70?) i put the ? under ufc70 topic. again, sorry guys. im still learning.
BabbyHughes
2/20/07 11:18:10AM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by BabbyHughes

sorry BabbyHughes, i accidentily started a new thread on this fight and got the event wrong (ufc69/70?) i put the ? under ufc70 topic. again, sorry guys. im still learning.

its alright man
JunCTion
2/20/07 11:54:09AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Unless Imes decides to remain standing the whole fight, I think he should be favored. If he get's rocked at any time he can always just clinch and go to the ground with Herring. If he really had a torn MCL, instead of sprained, it's highly unlikely he will be able to fight any better than he did against O'Brien.

i hope herring learned his lesson. the ref is not going to stand the fight up if he holds on and stalls (unless dana sways the ref to stand them up so its not a hugging competition for 15 min). herrings gonna have to go for the early ko and not get caught on the bottom.
i know the experience factor but who has better cardio. who has heavier hands. who has better g&p
SteedTheDeed
2/20/07 5:39:46PM
if herring can't finish imes on the ground, all is lost
OB_Juan
2/20/07 5:47:38PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by hippysmacker

i hope herring learned his lesson. the ref is not going to stand the fight up if he holds on and stalls (unless dana sways the ref to stand them up so its not a hugging competition for 15 min). herrings gonna have to go for the early ko and not get caught on the bottom.
i know the experience factor but who has better cardio. who has heavier hands. who has better g&p

Dana cannot be even trying to sway state officials. It could be really bad news for the UFC. It's going tobe the luck of the draw aas far as refs goes since some are much quicker to stand them up than others.

JunCTion
2/21/07 1:21:39AM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by hippysmacker

Dana cannot be even trying to sway state officials. It could be really bad news for the UFC. It's going tobe the luck of the draw aas far as refs goes since some are much quicker to stand them up than others.

i didnt mean it from a legal standpoint. i meant jabbering in their ear like a basketball coach does to a ref (whats that one dudes name is it tony wa he stands fighters up pretty darn quick