Igor is back.. at ADCC??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Igor is back.. at ADCC??
ffforgottenx
3/12/07 12:15:16PM
source: link

2007 UNDER 99 KG
NAME STYLE RANK COUNTRY
1CHRISTIANO LAZZARINI BJJBLACK BRAZIL
2XANDE RIBEIRO BJJ BLACK BRAZIL
3ANTHONY PEROSH BJJ AUSTRALIA
4MIKHAIL CIRKUNOV CANADA
5RICARDO ARONA BJJ BLACK BRAZIL
6ROBERT DRYSDALE BJJ BLACK USA
7IGOR VOVCHANCHYN MMA UKRAINE
8VICBART GERALDINO JUDO BLK 5TH DOMINICAN
REPUBLIC
9NICK ACKERMAN WRESTLER USA
10TIM BOETSCH WRESTLER USA
11STEVE RUSK WRESTLER USA

not sure how well igor will do against the likes of a ricardo arona or a xande ribeiro, but its good to see him doing something again.. havent heard anything from him in a long time

they also have a good amount of big names competing this year at adcc.. such as: javier vasquez, royler gracie, marcelo garcia, renzo gracie, saulo ribeiro, dennis hallman, kron gracie, kurt pellegrino, george sotiropolous, ronaldo souza, paulo filho, jeff monson, gabriel gonzaga, pe de pano cruz, mario rinaldi, ricco rodriguez, elvis sinosic, and josh barnett.. and those are just the ones that i think MMA fans will be familiar with.. there are others like sim go that im excited about..

and of course, the superfight this year..

Dean Lister vs Roger Gracie

edit: I know this doesnt have anything to do with MMA, just thought some people may be interested in it
Manfred
3/12/07 2:15:02PM
Thanks for that. You DO have too much time on your hands at work! LOL

Roger's going to take Dean I think, he's much bigger.

Monson/Pe de Pano rematch is a possibility too. Hope these get out to youtube!
ac_gi
3/12/07 3:35:40PM
I think it has everything to to with MMA. This could very well be Igor working his ground game before he gives MMA another run. I hope so, I love watching Igor fight.
Stickan
3/12/07 5:59:08PM
How old is Igor now? Isn't he soon in his 40´s?
I unfortunately don't think he'll do very well in that division against all those beasts.

Roger will beat Lister no doubt.
madmarck
3/12/07 6:07:49PM

Posted by ac_gi

I think it has everything to to with MMA. This could very well be Igor working his ground game before he gives MMA another run. I hope so, I love watching Igor fight.

For sure. This has as much to do with MMA has K1 does. Winning the ADCC is showing that you are the top grappler in the world. And in a sense it is a form of MMA. Think about it, it is a Mix of Martial Arts. Every type of grappler competes there from BJJ guys to Sambo to Wrestlers to Judo guys. Although BJJ usually is the best
pv3Hpv3p
3/12/07 6:11:57PM
Thanks for the info... Igor is one of my all time favorites, so I am glad to hear any news about him competing again...

He was born in 73, so he would actually be a little younger than Chuck... I think that he could really make some waves at 205 and would love to see him in the UFC. (or even MW but I don't think with his body type he could take the cut well...)

I know anyone can get there but I thought I'd throw in his fight finder stats for anyone who's interested:
"Ice Cold" Igor Vovchanchyn fight stats
Northrend
3/12/07 6:42:27PM
man wish i could go to this ADCC...igor and ricco!!!!

I got a feeling Igor might do well, pull off a couple of upsets.
migo
3/13/07 10:31:37PM
Igor played mostly a ground game against Kondo, so he's probably been working on it for a while.