IGN Goes Hands-On With UFC 2009: Undisputed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » IGN Goes Hands-On With UFC 2009: Undisputed
MMAcca
12/20/08 6:54:55AM
IGN is the first company to my knowledge to do extensive hands-on testing of the early version of the upcoming UFC video game. Their first impressions are extremely positive, the whole article is worth reading for gaming fans.

LINK
bojangalz
12/20/08 10:45:11AM
Busted link...

Here ya go.

Thought I'd throw this in as well:

"So far, THQ and the UFC have only confirmed a small portion of the game's roster. Those that have already been confirmed are: Forrest Griffin, Rampage Jackson, Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar, B.J. Penn, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans, Kenny Florian, Roger Huerta, Michael Bisping, Matt Hughes and Joe Stevenson.

The completed game, which is scheduled to be released in spring of 2009, will feature a roster of 80 fighters, with each of the UFC's five weight classes containing 16 fighters. Make sure to check back in to IGN regularly for all the latest roster announcements, screen shots and videos from the upcoming game, as well as UFC fight coverage. "

I was very impressed with the article. I'm really hoping this game doesn't bomb. I stopped buying wrestling games a long time ago because they got stale. If the gameplay is as polished as the visuals in end, this should be one hell of an experience.
KO
12/20/08 10:56:39AM
Ive been hearing about this game for years until I'm sick of it. I don't really care until it actually comes out. I'll believe it when I see it, because every year it's suppose to come out and it never does.
Bowen50
12/20/08 12:01:09PM
this game is really gonna be insane. all of the visuals looks outstanding and from the way the gameplay sounds it looks like we're going to have an insanely good MMA game.
SpiderSilva
12/20/08 12:08:41PM
they still have pics of Juanito in Rampages corner ? ? ?
It would be cool if they could update things when you go online like add new fighters
bojangalz
12/20/08 12:29:48PM
All I know is, there better be one hell of a create-a-fighter interface. Cause there will be plenty of guys missing from the roster who I will want to add in myself.
Bowen50
12/20/08 3:09:36PM

Posted by bojangalz

All I know is, there better be one hell of a create-a-fighter interface. Cause there will be plenty of guys missing from the roster who I will want to add in myself.

i'm pretty sure they're going to have a career mode where you can either create a fighter or take over as an existing fighter, a lot like NCAA Football's campus legend mode. i see what you're saying though. it would be pretty sick to add fighters in Affliction and Dream to the game by yourself.
BigEvil
12/20/08 5:45:08PM
I'm defenilty excited for this game. I have my reservations even after reading the article, Griffon by Kimura.... I also hope that every fight doesn't end in the first round. Heres hoping its a fantastic game.