IGN.com Rates UFC Fighters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » IGN.com Rates UFC Fighters
MMAcca
11/26/08 12:56:44PM
In a recent article on IGN.com, they rated the top-10 P4P best UFC fighters that are already confirmed for THQ's UFC 2009: Undisputed (the one which caused the now infamous incident with Fitch and AKA). Here's their list (to see the reasoning behind their picks, click here):

10- Brock Lesnar

9- Michael Bisping

8- Matt Hughes

7- Chuck Liddell

6- Wanderlei Silva

5- Forrest Griffin

4- Kenny Florian

3- Quinton Jackson

2- BJ Penn

1- Anderson Silva

In addition, they note that they Roger Huerta and Joe Stevenson almost made the cut. Now for those of you that instantly want to tear this list apart, do note that they include the disclaimer that the list is only comprised of fighters so far confirmed for the game (apparently a paltry twelve, says the article), rather than all fighters within the UFC's roster.

LINK

A very interesting read imo. Lots of random info about the videogame too....
FlashyG
11/26/08 1:08:12PM
The lack of GSP on that list is alarming

Guess he's still negotiating his rights with Zuffa..I can't imagine they'd leave him out by choice.
cowcatcher
11/26/08 1:12:38PM

Posted by FlashyG

Guess he's still negotiating his rights with Zuffa..I can't imagine they'd leave him out by choice.

once he and penn fight id be willing to bet we will see screenshots of him in the game, the ufc knows they cant leave him out without a major backlash form the fans.
StriderXero
11/26/08 1:22:17PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by FlashyG

once he and penn fight id be willing to bet we will see screenshots of him in the game, the ufc knows they cant leave him out without a major backlash form the fans.

yeah I agree they have to get GSP. He's one of the most popular if not THE MOST POPULAR mma fighter among hardcore fans. And you better bet your Keester that ALOT of hardcore MMA fans are going to get this game.
Jackelope
11/26/08 1:47:27PM
LMAO @ Brock being anywhere near a top 10 p4p list. Regardless of the circumstances
voodoo-jitsu
11/26/08 2:11:17PM

Posted by Jackelope

LMAO @ Brock being anywhere near a top 10 p4p list. Regardless of the circumstances

i feel the same way aboutmatt hughes being on there
grappler0000
11/26/08 2:29:27PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by FlashyG

There's already been footage of him in the game...maybe they're still working the rights issue out.
Jackelope
11/26/08 3:32:02PM

Posted by thevoodooninja

Posted by Jackelope

At least you could make an argument that at one point he was. Even though I disagree about him being anywhere near it today. Truth be told I took one list at the list and saw Brock's name on top and stopped reading out names on the list
MMA_Alex
11/26/08 4:09:14PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by thevoodooninja

Posted by Jackelope

At least you could make an argument that at one point he was. Even though I disagree about him being anywhere near it today. Truth be told I took one list at the list and saw Brock's name on top and stopped reading out names on the list

If you even read the rest of the TS's post, you would have realized that the top 10 is actually only out of 12 fighters (with Huerta and Stevenson being the only ones below Brock). He's not on their actual p4p in-game list.
Jackelope
11/26/08 4:26:25PM

Posted by MMA_Alex

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by thevoodooninja

Posted by Jackelope

If you even read the rest of the TS's post, you would have realized that the top 10 is actually only out of 12 fighters (with Huerta and Stevenson being the only ones below Brock). He's not on their actual p4p in-game list.

I did read that, and the article itself. I just didn't look at the rest of the p4p list. Brock is so far from being a top 10 p4p imo that I'd rank almost anybody above him p4p. I mean, how can you argue p4p skills when the only way you achieve victory is by using your significant weight and strength advantage?
MMA_Alex
11/27/08 9:30:35AM
I'd probably put him above Huerta and Stevenson just because he won the title.
haggiswashere
11/27/08 9:33:41AM

Posted by MMA_Alex

I'd probably put him above Huerta and Stevenson just because he won the title.

and plus he beat a guy on some peoples p4p list as well.
Jackelope
11/27/08 10:00:16AM
Just goes to show that people rank p4p differently.

Personally when I think p4p I think if all people weighed the same who has the skillset to beat everyone else