IFL 4/4 Results (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » IFL 4/4 Results (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
4/4/08 4:42:03PM
We're underway, HDNet will have TV coverage starting at 8:30. Tonight's results come courtesy of the IFL's official website, ifl.tv and Sherdog. Enjoy!

Tonight's lineup:
Alex Schoenauer beat Brendan Barrett by split decision, 29-28 Schoenauer, 29-28 Barrett, 29-27 Schoenauer.
LC Davis beat Rafael Dias by KO at 3:56 of round 3. Dias removed on stretcher.
Chris Horodecki beat Nate Lamotte by unanimous decision, 3 29-28s.
Jim Miller beat Bart Palaszewski by unanimous decision, 3 30-27s.
Brad Blackburn beat Delson Heleno by KO at 1:50 of round 3.
IFL Light Heavyweight Champion Vladimir Matyushenko beat Jamal Patterson by TKO (strikes) at 3:35 of round 2 to retain the title.
IFL Featherweight Champion Wagnney Fabiano beat Shad Lierley by KO in 37 seconds to retain the title.
IFL Welterweight Champion Jay Hieron beat Mark Miller by TKO (strikes) at 2:10 of round 1 to retain the title.
Emyr Bussade beat Jesse Lennox by verbal submission (kneebar) at 1:25 of round 2.
Mike Ciesnolevicz vs. Carmelo Marrero is ruled a No Contest. Fight was initially ruled Ciesnolevicz winning by doctor stoppage (cut) at 1:37 of round 1.

Rafael Dias update: IFL officials report that he is on his feet and talking at a local hospital and is awaiting a CT scan.
xposipx
4/4/08 7:00:58PM
Thanks, good luck.

Could see an underdog or two get a win on this and I wouldn't be surprised. Mark Miller and Jamal Patterson may have legitimate shots. I didn't pick either of them though. The hardest ones to pick for me were the Marrero/Ciesnolevicz and Davis/Dias fights. Who does everyone have?

Mine goes like this:

Hieron UD
Fabiano Sub
The Janitor tko
Jim Miller sub (upset pick)
Delson Heleno UD
Schoenauer sub
Horodecki UD
Marrero UD
Davis UD
Lennox tko

That being said, I've had 3 horrible events in a row, so we'll see.
wolfman
4/4/08 7:14:54PM
Yeah, I could see some upsets happening tonight as well. I also wanted to pick Miller or Mike C., yet went with the conservative picks on those two. Miller was my only upset pick and I hope he pulls it off. He has a good chance and I hope he does win. I picked 5 decisions, that is the most I have ever picked and mind you I am not good at calling decisions. Good luck everyone.

Hieron UD
Fabiano Sub Rd. 2
Vladdy UD
Miller UD (My Upset Pick too)
Heleno UD
Schoenauer Sub Rd. 2
Horodecki TKO Rd. 1
Marrero UD
Dias Sub Rd. 1
Bussade Sub Rd. 2

xposipx
4/4/08 7:17:57PM
haha, when I was typing my picks I said to myself, "wow I picked too many decisions." I didn't even realize it until I posted that. Oh well, we are in the same boat here. At least we didn't make that other thread calling for 7 UD's on that last fight night.
xposipx
4/4/08 7:44:47PM
close call, sounds like Barrett got robbed via Sherdog

"Alex Schoenauer (Pictures) vs. Brendan Barrett
Round 1
Barrett rushes in for a quick takedown. Schoenauer works to his feet in the corner and attempts an armbar off a scramble. Barrett escapes and punches inside Schoenauer's guard. On the feet, Barrett lands a pair of big punches on the feet, and Schoenauer jumps for a guillotine that he doesn't get. Schoenauer then attacks a leg unsuccessfully. Late in the round, Schoenauer falls back for a heel hook. 10-9 Barrett.

Round 2
A wild exchange begins the round. Barrett lands a good left hand, and the action slows in the clinch. Barrett works knees to the body, but Schoenauer hurts him with a right hand. Barrett gasses badly as the round goes on. He throws wild punches while Schoenauer rallies with a good knee to the body. Barrett falls to his back, exhausted. Schoenauer in side control as round ends. 10-9 Schoenauer.

Round 3
Barrett still swinging wildly. Schoenauer sitting back, trying to pick a shot. Barrett lands a good body shot. He's the aggressor while Schoenauer waits, not punching. Schoenauer finally throws back and cuts Barrett's left eye. The fighters clinch in the corner until they're broken by the ref. Barrett completes a single-leg takedown, but Schoenauer works a guillotine. Barrett punches from the top to finish the fight. Close round. 10-9 Barrett.

Official scores: Split decision. 29-28 Barrett, 29-28 Schoenauer, 29-27 Alex Schoenauer."
wolfman
4/4/08 7:59:29PM
Looks like you made the right call with Davis. Damn you!
xposipx
4/4/08 8:01:32PM
I don't get HDnet so i'm following on sherdog. Sounded like a lame fight up until that point. I'd like to see the KO though.
wolfman
4/4/08 8:06:11PM

Posted by xposipx

I don't get HDnet so i'm following on sherdog. Sounded like a lame fight up until that point. I'd like to see the KO though.

Yeah, neither do I. It should be on the TVU player though. The quality isn't that good, but at least you can see the fights. I hope Dias is alright, he was taken out on a stretcher.
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/4/08 8:06:34PM
lol wwoooooww this event is gonna be shit... im 0-2 (yes i picked barrett, and well he almost beat alex so yeah) and well dias made me lose my parlay... kinda bummed but still kinda laughing
CornishMMA
4/4/08 8:08:22PM
Damn i changed my pick last minute cos Breen picked Dias!

Thought Alex would sub him tho, sherdog scored it for Barrett! but 1 judge gave it 29-27 Alex?!? wtf is with that?

Next up is the hot bout worth double points

Ive got Bussade by UD
LightsOut33093
4/4/08 8:09:40PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Thought Alex would sub him tho, sherdog scored it for Barrett! but 1 judge gave it 29-27 Alex?!? wtf is with that?

Ive got Bussade by UD

Sorry Cornish...but it is going to be Lennox by UD.
xposipx
4/4/08 8:09:40PM
Never seen Bussade or Lennox. Took Lennox rd 2 tko via gut feeling
DCRage
4/4/08 8:11:07PM
Dias had to be taken out on a stretcher after the KO, which was by head kick. Had to have been brutal.
wolfman
4/4/08 8:11:14PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Ive got Bussade by UD

Yeah, I have listened to other analysts breakdowns before and usually they don't help me much either. lol I had a hard time with that pick as I wanted to pick Davis, but I figured Dias would pull off a sub.
Aaronno9
4/4/08 8:39:35PM
Whats with the huge break from the last fight?

Does anybody know if mma-tv is showing this event?
xposipx
4/4/08 8:44:02PM
Huge break = televised portion beginning. MMA-TV just had fight night on, but it was ending, so they might be.
juanez13
4/4/08 8:49:54PM
i dont think MMA-tv is showing it ( i have TVU) .....right now UFN 13 is just starting.
xposipx
4/4/08 8:57:35PM
Whew, 3-0 by a thread.
Aaronno9
4/4/08 9:00:00PM

Posted by xposipx

Whew, 3-0 by a thread.

Same here. Couldnt of been more wrong with my time and method of the result though. I always seem to start well in the secondary league events, then it just gets worse and worse. Im expecting to be 3-3 after the next 3 fights.
xposipx
4/4/08 9:01:14PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by xposipx

Whew, 3-0 by a thread.

Same here. Couldnt of been more wrong with my time and method of the result though. I always seem to start well in the secondary league events, then it just gets worse and worse. Im expecting to be 3-3 after the next 3 fights.

Same here, I got the last one right, but the other two didn't get the finishes correct. 1 minute off the decision by Davis, though. Oh well, Lets go Lennox....err Miller!
RMFG_187
4/4/08 9:18:06PM
My upset picks are Barret (who lost), Jim Miller to beat Bart, and Mark Miller to KO Hieron
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/4/08 9:20:33PM

Posted by RMFG_187

My upset picks are Barret (who lost), Jim Miller to beat Bart, and Mark Miller to KO Hieron

I also had Barrett beating alex... he almost got it though, and i also have jim...i do think hieron will brutalize miller
xposipx
4/4/08 9:22:36PM
Woohoo 4-0. That will turn around soon enough though.
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/4/08 9:42:20PM
Well... few people saw that one coming... I ain't one of em'

Blackburn
Aaronno9
4/4/08 9:46:08PM
3-2. I knew it would start going down hill
xposipx
4/4/08 9:46:38PM
I sure didn't. Heleno should probably get some stand up training.
wolfman
4/4/08 9:49:20PM
Damn, Heleno was on his way to a UD and then got caught..... Reminds me of my pick of Sell over Quarry by UD and we know what happened there, it was a typical Sell moment. lol
CornishMMA
4/4/08 9:53:19PM
wooooooo yeahhhhhh get in!

I picked and wagered heavily on both Millers, and Blackburn, thats another underdog bonus for me thanks i was joint #32 before this event hope i can move on up -but so far only have 22 points, little luck with outcomes, and am 4-1
Rush
4/4/08 9:54:24PM
Yet again my fight companion is screwed up and cannot view my picks. The only one I know I got for sure was the Horodecki by UD.

I'm pretty sure I missed Pe De Chumbo and Dias.

I cannot remember the rest so far.

Aaronno9
4/4/08 9:58:29PM
mma-tv just started streaming the event

Piss poor quality, but its better than nothing.

The sounds way off to.
Pages: [1] 2