IFL Ratings

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » IFL Ratings
Dragonscale
11/6/07 1:34:54AM
I read that the IFl league ratings fell through the season to an all time low during the final championship bout....

Does anyone know what the ratings were for the first Live grand prix fight last saturday?
ohiostate1016
11/6/07 9:59:49AM
I don't know numbers on ratings, but I have to admit, I forgot that the IFL GP was on last Saturday. And I'm one of the only guys on here that backs the IFL. So I'd have to say it was bad.
rabbit915
11/6/07 10:39:55AM
Well, i watched it. It was pretty good but the last fight was kind of boring. After the first round you could tell that neither of them was going to KO the other guy and so you were just hoping they would stay on the ground and get a submission.
AchillesHeel
11/6/07 10:47:54AM
The IFL is definitely at a crossroads.

The Matyushenko-Schoenauer match became the Light-Heavyweight Title Fight because they didn't have enough guys available for a 4-man tournament. Like rabbit says, it wasn't the most interesting fight.

I thought Horodeck-Palaszewski was a good match, and maybe some of the others would have been worth watching, but MyNetworkTV evidently hedged its bets and didn't air the whole card. That fact alone probably made people think it wasn't worth watching. "They're only showing an hour? It must really suck, then."

Supposedly, they're still negotiating with Rothwell and Whitehead, but I don't know where that might be going. Losing their two most recognizable fighters surely isn't helping them.

The IFL could become something like King of the Cage, with a constant turnover of fighters, rare broadcasts, and essentially zero recognition with non-hardcore fans.
gspgnp
11/6/07 11:53:57AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

The IFL is definitely at a crossroads.

The Matyushenko-Schoenauer match became the Light-Heavyweight Title Fight because they didn't have enough guys available for a 4-man tournament. Like rabbit says, it wasn't the most interesting fight.

I thought Horodeck-Palaszewski was a good match, and maybe some of the others would have been worth watching, but MyNetworkTV evidently hedged its bets and didn't air the whole card. That fact alone probably made people think it wasn't worth watching. "They're only showing an hour? It must really suck, then."

Supposedly, they're still negotiating with Rothwell and Whitehead, but I don't know where that might be going. Losing their two most recognizable fighters surely isn't helping them.

The IFL could become something like King of the Cage, with a constant turnover of fighters, rare broadcasts, and essentially zero recognition with non-hardcore fans.

Bart and Chris put on an awesome fight! I can't believe that one judge gave it to Bart though! Palaszewski was whining at the end of the fight saying "what do I got to do to win a decision against this guy?", but I think that Hordecki had a right to be saying"What do I got to do to get a unanimous decision against this guy?"
The Vladdy and Alex fight was.....meh. Other than that Fabiano's sub was pretty sweet but I can't believe they didn't show the whole Radach- Beauparlant fight. That was a pretty vicious KO.

As for Rothwell, he will most likely sit out his contract and sign with M-1 Global and the end of it. Remember that Monty Cox is his manager/agent and he is also M-1 Global's President. I wouldn't be surprised if Whitehead followed suit.