IFL PURSE?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » IFL PURSE?
cjandnw
4/3/07 11:33:35AM
Anyone know what the IFL fighters, coaches and teams make from the tickets and airings?
themmachamp
4/3/07 4:02:22PM
almost positive it is a base salary (nothing to do with broadcasts or ticket sales). In addition i know they get bonuses for winning fights and getting awards such as "submission of the night" "KO of the night" "fight of the night"

so with the bonuses, if your a guy like rothwell and make it to the team championship winning all your fights with a award every now and then, your salary is pretty good
hippysmacker
4/3/07 7:28:24PM

Posted by themmachamp

almost positive it is a base salary (nothing to do with broadcasts or ticket sales). In addition i know they get bonuses for winning fights and getting awards such as "submission of the night" "KO of the night" "fight of the night"

so with the bonuses, if your a guy like rothwell and make it to the team championship winning all your fights with a award every now and then, your salary is pretty good

I also heard they get a 401k, and health and insurance benefits.
madmarck
4/3/07 7:38:34PM

In addition to ramping up marketing potential, the team structure will provide the IFL's fighters with regular salaries (in the mid-$20,000 range) and health benefits, and allow them to compete on a fixed schedule.

taken from http://www.northjersey.com/
I have seen info in sherdog forums too.
From what i know:
Fighters make a base salary
They have bonuses awarded (2 per team) and the almost always happen. They can be for fight of the night, KO of the night, or sub of the night.

On top of that the teams have a whole have sponsors. Not indiviually.
I know there is a thread on sherdog about it. but i cannot seem to find it after a while of looking so i give up, i tried to google it to, but to no avail.

I did how ever find this while searchin for IFL purse . You want to steal this girl's purse? **** that, you're getting body slammed.