IFL Play-by-Play ( Spoilers ) / Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » IFL Play-by-Play ( Spoilers ) / Discussion
hotrodttt
2/29/08 10:33:55PM
Sherdog

Great Night of Fights
hotrodttt
2/29/08 10:40:14PM
Wow ! I predicted the 1st Fight of the Night perfectly, even the method 2nd Round Guillotine

Here are the rest of my predictions

Rafiel Dias via 2nd Round Submission
Josh Haynes via Unanimous Decision
Lew Polly via Unanimous Decision
Jake Ellenberger via Unanimous Decision
John Gunderson via Unanimous Decision - This is the Hot Bout because in my mind it's the closes fight
Roy Nelson via 1st Rounf T(KO)
Matt Horwich via 2nd Round Submission

Put down your predictions and at the end we'll tally up our scores and see how many Points we got using John Gunderson vs Ryan Shultz as the Hot Bout
hotrodttt
2/29/08 10:42:47PM
Great Performance by Dias, he's a nice addition to the IFL, so far I'm 2-0 with 18 Points
hotrodttt
2/29/08 11:31:41PM
Another Perfectly Predicted fight for me, Josh Haynes got the Unanimous Decision so now I'm 3-0 with 29 Points
hotrodttt
2/29/08 11:43:32PM
Wow, Polley got Submitted quick and I knew if Polley wanted to win he would take the Decision and If Ferreira wanted to Win then it would be by quick submission 3-1 with 29 Points
wolfman
2/29/08 11:57:26PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Wow, Polley got Submitted quick and I knew if Polley wanted to win he would take the Decision and If Ferreira wanted to Win then it would be by quick submission 3-1 with 29 Points

You have some good picks right now, and Ellenberger is looking to win by decision. The Gunderson/Schultz bout is too close to call. I'm picking Schultz by decision.
hotrodttt
3/1/08 12:06:32AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by hotrodttt

You have some good picks right now, and Ellenberger is looking to win by decision. The Gunderson/Schultz bout is too close to call. I'm picking Schultz by decision.

Yeah that fight is so close but I think John is just better at everything except for Jui Jitsu but I think he can nullify Ryan and take him down and get the better of the exchanges.

Now I'm 4-1 with 40 Points with another Perfectly called fight in Jake Ellenberger taking the Unanimous Decision.

How are you doing with your Picks Wolfman ?
wolfman
3/1/08 12:11:31AM
I'm 4-1 as well, yet I figured Haynes was going to lose again. He proved me wrong. I have 32 points. So, I think you are going to beat me. Unless I pull off the "hot bout", which I guess we have determined it to be Schultz/Gunderson

EDIT: Other picks:

Nelson TKO 1st
Horwich sub 2nd
hotrodttt
3/1/08 12:16:19AM

Posted by wolfman

I'm 4-1 as well, yet I figured Haynes was going to lose again. He proved me wrong. I have 32 points. So, I think you are going to beat me.

Yeah the reason I picked Haynes is because I remember on The Ultimate Fighter 3 he faught Tait Fletcher who has a Similar fighting style to Leopoldo so I knew Josh had a great chance.

Lew Polley really dissapointed me with that preformance, he was coming of that Huge win over Roger Hollet and Roger is a beast and he stopped him but he got caught, It happens
wolfman
3/1/08 12:24:50AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by wolfman

I'm 4-1 as well, yet I figured Haynes was going to lose again. He proved me wrong. I have 32 points. So, I think you are going to beat me.

Yeah the reason I picked Haynes is because I remember on The Ultimate Fighter 3 he faught Tait Fletcher who has a Similar fighting style to Leopoldo so I knew Josh had a great chance.

Lew Polley really dissapointed me with that preformance, he was coming of that Huge win over Roger Hollet and Roger is a beast and he stopped him but he got caught, It happens

True, good points. I never got to see Haynes on TUF and was hoping he'd win, but was not sure he would. This fight is close!
hotrodttt
3/1/08 12:26:54AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by wolfman

True, good points. I never got to see Haynes on TUF and was hoping he'd win, but was not sure he would. This fight is close!

Yeah Sherdog says they're giving the 2nd Round to Ryan which I completely disagree with, Gunderson took Shultz down and then after he got tooken down he went for a Kimura. So I'd say it is 2 Rounds a piece.
hotrodttt
3/1/08 12:30:29AM
I'm smelling a Split Decision
hotrodttt
3/1/08 12:35:19AM
Right now I have Ryan Shultz claming Rounds 1 & 3, and John Gunderson taking Rounds 2 & 4, So whoever takes Round 5 gets the Decision
wolfman
3/1/08 12:35:31AM
Yeah, I think you are right. Yet, the 2nd round was too close to call. It could have been scored a draw. I think the fact that Schultz finished in in control he was awarded the round. I think both fighters have two rounds as well right now.
wolfman
3/1/08 12:36:44AM
Yeah, good chance of being a SD
hotrodttt
3/1/08 12:44:44AM
4-2 with 40 Points
wolfman
3/1/08 12:44:54AM
That was a lackluster fight imo. I agree with the outcome, yet I am surprised all three judges scored it the same.
wolfman
3/1/08 12:47:20AM
Well, that's still pretty good. At least this fight card doesn't count.
hotrodttt
3/1/08 12:53:31AM
Yeah I'd still say you would have Finished Top 10 and me Top 20
wolfman
3/1/08 12:58:08AM
Yeah, that would have been nice.
hotrodttt
3/1/08 1:02:58AM

Posted by wolfman

Yeah, that would have been nice.

It seems that me and you are consistant at getting in the Upper echelon in our Picks in the Secondary and Primary League

If they only had Secondary League Teams
hotrodttt
3/1/08 1:06:04AM
Man ! Roy just Unloaded on Fabiano, 5-2 with 51 Points
wolfman
3/1/08 1:16:29AM
He has some HEAVY hands for sure. I'd also wish that they'd incorporate the secondary picks with the fight camps. That would be a cool addition and it would get more people involved.
hotrodttt
3/1/08 1:40:18AM
Pretty Good Night of Fights and I did pretty Good, 5-3 with 62 Points
wolfman
3/1/08 1:45:34AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Good job. I went 6-2 with 65 points. Good luck tomorrow man!
wolfman
3/1/08 1:51:09AM
Looks like Ryan has Horwich's number....I'm still surprised that Radach lost to Horwich. Hopefully, Radach will come back with a vengeance when he gets healthy again.
hotrodttt
3/1/08 1:53:29AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by hotrodttt

Good job. I went 6-2 with 65 points. Good luck tomorrow man!

You too I'm hoping to score in the 80's tomarrow
DCRage
3/1/08 8:59:56AM
Kim Couture result?
wolfman
3/1/08 5:51:44PM

Posted by DCRage

Kim Couture result?

juanez13 recently posted the vid, Kim pretty much got her ass handed to her. She won the first round and then lost the other two. She appeared to gas and the other girl was owning her with a nice jab.