IFL GP Play-by-play

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » IFL GP Play-by-play
Stickan
11/3/07 8:24:22PM
PBP

I'm off to bed now. I've got all my money on Nelson and Fabiano so hopefully I'll read good news here when I wake up tomorrow.

Good luck gentlemen!
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 8:45:45PM
Brent Beauparlant vs. Benji Radach

PBP done by: Sherdog

Round 1

Radach starsts things off with a big right hand and then follows up with a few knees and another right that wobbles Beauparlant. Beauparnt strikes back but eats a few more knees from the clinch. Beauparlnat is playing catch up as Radach contines to tag him with multiple strikes. Eventually a left hook connected on the button that dropped Beauparlant for good at the 2:26 mark of the opening period.

Official Results:
Match #1| Winner: Benji Radach | Loser: Brent Beauparlant | Method: KO (Punch) | Round: 1 | Time: 2:26
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 9:12:33PM
Bart Palaszewski vs. Chris Horodecki

Round 1

Horodecki lands a good right hand on the back end of a combination in the first exchange. Bart lands a solid left hand. Horodecki throwing lots of leg kicks but Bart answers with one of his own. Round is half over. Horodecki lands a nice punch and kick combination against the ropes. He lands another kick near Palazewski's groin. Horodecki drops Palazewski with a flurry but Bart hops right up. Horodecki taking over near the ned of the round throwing more and landing solid shots in ever exchange. Sherdog scores the first round 10-9 for Horodecki.

Round 2

Palazewski comes out firing to start the second round, lands a leg kick that is answered with one from Horodecki. Palazewski changes levels, ducking under and double-legging Horodecki to the mat. Palazewski opening up on the ground landing punches in bunches. Bartimus passes in a scramble but Horodecki works back to his feet. Palazewski grabs a front headlock and lands a slew of knees. Horodecki works free and lands another inside leg kick that forces Bart to wince. Palazewski takes control of the round with a plethora of right hands that wobble Horodecki over and over. The undefeated 19-year-old gets staggered three times in the final minute and a half of the round. A rejuvinated Palazewski waves to the crowd on his way back to the corner after taking the round 10-9 on the Sherdog.com score card.

Round 3

Horodecki, swollen under his right eye lands a good leg kick and secures double underhooks against the ropes. Bartimus powers out and the fighters return to the middle of the ring. Palazewski shoots but Horodecki rolls to the side and the fighters return to the feet. Horodecki tries to answer Palazewski's power with multiple shots. The fighters stand and trade for the final minute with Horodecki landing more but Palazewski landing harder. While Bart looks relatively unscathed, Horodecki is swollen under both eyes and has a bloody lip. Sherdog.com scores a razor-thin thrid round for Bart Palazewski. The official scores are 29-28, 29-28 and 28-29 for the winner by split-decision, Chris Horodecki.

(Personal Opinion: I swear these guys would've kept on going until one of them killed the other.. The ref had to pull Horodecki away from Bart.)

Official Results:
Match #2| Winner: Chris Horodecki | Loser: Bart Palaszewski | Method: Decision (Split) | Round: 3 | Time: 4:00

Scott_Revels
11/3/07 9:34:08PM
Alex Schoenauer vs. Vladimir Matyushenko

Round 1

Matyushenko gets the takedown after a couple brief exchanges. The referee stands them back up for no apparent reason and draws a chorus of boos from the crowd and a stern look from Matyushenko. Vlad wastes no time and returns Shoenauer to the mat with a slam. The ground and pound ensues with Matyushenko trapped in half-guard. Shoenauer gets his guard back. Good punches from the top have Shoenauer on the defensive. Matyushenko lands a pair of good right hands as the bell sounds at the end of the opening frame. Sherdog.com scores it 10-9 for "The Janitor."

Round 2

Matyushenko scores with a right hand and follows up with a slow double-leg that still acomplishes the goal of putting Shoenauer on his back. Vlad trying to pass, gets to half guard before Shoenauer transitions to a kneebar that frees him for a moment. Matyushenko defends and pounces back into top position. A lack of action forces a stand up by the referee but Matyushenko plants Shoenauer back to the canvas. "The Janitor" tries to pass but only gets to half. The round comes to a close with Matyushenko controlling once again. Sherdog scores the round 10-9 once again for Matyushenko.

Round 3

Big right hand from Matyushenko opens the thrid. He follows up with another double-leg takdown but Shoenauer locks on a guillotine. After escaping, Matyushenko tries to rest but the referee stands the fighters back up. Matyushenko takes him down again. Two minutes left in the round. Shoenauer attempts a leg lock before letting it go to try to take Vlad's back. Matyushenko, visibly winded, takes the fight back to the mat. fter yet another stand up, the fighters clinch and the final 30 seconds run off the clock. Sherdog.com scores the thrid round for Matyushenko 10-9. The scores are 29-28, 29-28 and 29-27 for the winner and new light heavyweight champion of the IFL, Vladimir Matyushenko.

Official Results:
Match #3| Winner: Vladimir Matyushenko | Loser: Alex Schoenauer | Method: Decision (Unanimous) | Round: 3 | Time: 4:00
fedorwins1
11/3/07 9:41:17PM
Ive gotten everything perfect so far...hope it continues.
fedorwins1
11/3/07 9:47:23PM
This ref sucks....seriously wtf kind of restart was that? Should've moved them to the center of the ring not restart on the feet.
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 10:04:44PM
Donnie Liles vs. Jay Hieron
*Edit: Changed title from Gunderson/Wagnney to Liles/Hieron

Round 1

Heiron gets the top position of of the initial exchange. Liles has guard. Heiron striking from the top forces Liles to scramble. Heiron tries for his back and ends up locking up a guillotine as Liles turns back into him. Liles gets to half-guard and escapes the hold. The fighters get back to their feet but Heiron puts Liles back on the mat. Liles sweeps to the top but Heiron escapes to his feet. The foes clinch in the corner with 20 seconds left and allow the clock to run out without any further action. Round one goes to Heiron 10-9 on the Sherdog.com card.

Round 2

Liles agressively throwing to open the second frame. He throws a kick that Heiron catches to put him on his back. Heiron to half-guard, begining to land from the top. Liles tries to get back to his feet but Heiron is having none of it. Liles gets to his knees but Heiron tries to take his back. Knees to the body from Jay forces Liles back to his guard. With 30 seconds left, the referee stands the fighters up. Heiron takes the fight back to the mat as time expires. Round two looks very similar to round one with "The Thouroughbred" taking it 10-9 on the Sherdog card.

Round 3

Liles catches Heiron off balance and almost drops him with a glancing punch. Heiron responds with a superman punch that missed before taking the fight back to the ground. Heiron controlling from the top but not doing much else. The referee stands them up with just under two minutes to go in the fight. Liles looking for the fight ending strike but Heiron keeps him at bay with kicks. Liles looking for the one big punch but Heiron continues to attack his legs with kicks. The round ends closing out a dominant performance for Jay Heiron who takes the third round 10-9 once again on the Sherdog card. Official scores are 30-27, 30-27 and 30-28 for the winner, Jay Heiron.

Official Results:
Match #4| Winner: Jay Heiron | Loser: Donnie Liles | Method: Decision (Unanimous) | Round: 3 | Time: 4:00
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 10:30:47PM
John Gunderson vs. Wagnney Fabiano

Round 1

Gunderson pawing with his jab to keep Fabiano at bat as the lightweight affair gets underway. Gunderson looks huge next to Fabiano. Fabiano tries to shoot but Gunderson uses the ropes to keeps his balance. Fabiano takes Gunderson to the mat. Fabiano locks up a guillotine choke attempt that Gunderson barely escapes. The two fighters are back on thier feet and Gunderson lands a good left hook counter. The bell sounds ending the first stanza with Wagney Fabiano taking it 10-9 on the Sherdog tally.

Round 2

Gunderson throwing more to begin the second. He lands a number of punches as Fabiano tries to wade in for the takedown. Gunderson fends off the first attempt but can not keep on his feet as Fabiano picks him up from the clinch and puts him on his back. Fabiano locks up another guillotine before falling to his back. He then rolls it over and elicits the tapout from the top at 1:53 of the second round.

Official Results:
Match #5| Winner: Fabiano Wagnney | Loser: John Gunderson | Method: Submission (Guillotine choke) | Round: 2 | Time: 1:53
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 10:47:19PM
Gideon Ray vs. Delson Heleno

Round 1

Heleno oepns with a kick right to the groin of Ray. Ray is on his knees, grasping his cup. Heleno takes Ray to the mat landing in top position. Heleno moves to side and eventually mount before securing the armbar. Ray tries to defend by stacking Heleno but he extends his arm and forces the verbal submission at 1:57 of the first round.

Official Results:
Match #6| Winner: Delson Heleno | Loser: Gideon Ray | Method: Submission (Armbar) | Round: 1 | Time: 1:57
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 10:59:54PM
Shane Ott vs. Antoine Jaoude

Round 1

Ott barrells in and takes Jaoude to the canvas right off the bat. Ott looks to ground and pound but Jaoude gets to his knees and tries to get to his feet. He is up but Ott has a body lock. Jaoude breaks away and the two tumble through the ropes. Jaoude lands a knee but Ott catches it on the way down. Jaoude gets the fight to the mat where he jumps over Ott securing an arm-triangle that relieves Ott of his faculties at 3:29 of the first round.

Official Results:
Match #7| Winner: Antoine Jaoude | Loser: Shane Ott | Method: Submission (Arm Triangle) | Round: 1 | Time: 3:29
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 11:23:55PM
Bryan Vetell vs. Roy Nelson

Round 1

Vetell cracks Nelson with a lead left to kick things off. Nelson locks up a double underhook body lock and slams Vetell to the mat landing in the mount. Vetell gets to half-guard and effectivly ties up Nelson to get the referee stand up. The fighters clinch and work in the corner until "Big Country" delivers a knee right to the groin of Vetell. After a brief respite, Vetell charges back into the fray. The fighters clinch once again with Nelson getting another takedown. Vetell has full guard and keeps Nelson under wraps until the bells rings. Sherdog.com puts the first round in Nelson's column, 10-9.

Round 2

Nelson scores with a right hand as Vetell bullies his way into the clinch. Nelson gets double underhooks before Vetell pummels for one of his own. Nelson kneeing the legs of Vetell in the corner before going to the body with punches. The pace has slowed and the crowd is getting restless as they shower the ring with boos and chants of "cheese burger." Vetell lands a knee as the fighters separate from the clinch. Sherdog tallies the second round for the more active Vetell by a score of 10-9.

Round 3

Vetell opens the round with a big flurry, punctuating it with a left hand and a knee. Nelson defends then takes him to the mat. Nelson then decides he has had enough and opens up with both barrels blazing, landing a series of punches to the downed Vetell. A battered Vetell, bleeding from the nose, being riddled with punches looked like he was out of it when he took his mouthpiece out. Nelson got up and walked away before the referee called the fight. Roy Nelson gets the TKO win at 1:01 of the third round.

Official Results:
Match #8| Winner: Roy Nelson | Loser: Bryan Vetell | Method: TKO (Strikes) | Round: 3 | Time: 1:01
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 11:40:25PM
Brian Foster vs. Matt Horwich

Round 1

Horwich trying to throw knees but Foster defends well. Horwich has double underhooks and bodylocks Foster to the mat. He strikes from the top and tries to take Foster's back as he attempts to escape. Foster gets back to his feet and scores a takedown of his own. Horwich locks up a triangle but Foster, bleeding from the right eye, defends. "Suave" switches to the armbar and back to the triangle then back to the armbar to get the tapout as the first round expired. The official time is 4:59 of the first round.

Official Results:
Match #9| Winner: Matt Horwich | Loser: Brian Foster | Method: Submission (Armbar) | Round: 1 | Time: 3:59
tuvok500
11/3/07 11:55:48PM
well good start 9-0 !!!

70 pts and 1245$ i think !!!

hotrodttt
11/3/07 11:57:52PM

Posted by tuvok500

well good start 9-0 !!!

70 pts and 1245$ i think !!!

Me 2 I went 8-1 , And It just had to be the hot event that I got wrong , and I put it all on Gunderson , I still got 68 points
Scott_Revels
11/4/07 1:32:20AM
I went 8-1.. I picked Gunderson.. Just seemed like the better choice..
Stickan
11/4/07 5:27:16AM
yay I went 9-0 as well but the competition is hard this season. That wasn't even enough to get in the top 10 apparently.
I got 78 points and 1229$.
wolfman
11/4/07 11:39:10AM

Posted by Stickan

yay I went 9-0 as well but the competition is hard this season. That wasn't even enough to get in the top 10 apparently.
I got 78 points and 1221$.

I also went 9-0, and I had 80 points. The top point score was 96 pts! Damn, that is pretty impressive. I missed being top earn by a damn dollar. I tied with two other people. If I would have left Heleno with a first round sub., I would have won the top earner spot. Yet, I am sure there are others out there with the same problem. I always end up changing something that comes back to bit me in the ass, this time I changed a round.