IFL ON HOLD, CHAMP MATYUSHENKO TALKS CONTRACT

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » IFL ON HOLD, CHAMP MATYUSHENKO TALKS CONTRACT
MMAcca
7/1/08 1:33:17PM
Vladimir Matyushenko has been one of the real success stories of the International Fight League. Despite the promotion’s difficulties, he has remained a constant source of excellence since his debut for the company in 2007.

Currently riding an eight-fight winning streak, Matyushenko, the IFL’s current 205-pound champion, is eager to continue his winning ways, even though the IFL has placed their operations on hold.

LINK
Jason-plata
7/2/08 7:07:40PM
He does need to get out of there... He needs to move on to bigger and better things.
Figsak
7/2/08 9:58:37PM
The IFL is televised. I'm not sure how much bigger and better he can get unless he moves back to the UFC. And if I were him, I'd rather hold a belt in the IFL than fight for scraps in the UFC.
R8J
7/2/08 10:59:29PM
well there are other options out there for him to fight. with Dream and proelite if the IFL would let him fight there
rabbit915
7/2/08 11:17:29PM

Posted by Figsak

The IFL is televised. I'm not sure how much bigger and better he can get unless he moves back to the UFC. And if I were him, I'd rather hold a belt in the IFL than fight for scraps in the UFC.

I think he could do a lot better than fight for scraps in the UFC. He is easily top 5 out of the UFC at LHW and possibly number 1.

There isnt an org outside the UFC that he couldnt win the title in and he could even make a run at one in the UFC.