IFL Battleground 3: Thoughts Anyone?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » IFL Battleground 3: Thoughts Anyone?
Gogoplata
3/26/07 10:57:54PM
Overall a decent show introducing us to Renzo's team. Miletich got completely owned by Renzo in the superfight, I didn't expect it to be that quick. Rory Markham looks like the absolute real deal in the standup game, he is a great striker.

Bas Quote Of The Night:

McGivern takes Fabio Leopoldo's back and attempts to put his hooks in:

Bas: "What is he doing? Why would he do that?"

Immediately afterward, Leopoldo somersaults over and submits him with a kneebar. Bas is the man.
Svartorm
3/27/07 12:11:55AM
I found it hypocritical that Renzo would complain his fighter got DQed for KOing Hallman with an illegal strike, but was cool winning via DQ to Frank for the same thing.
Gogoplata
3/27/07 12:27:20PM
I think it's unbelievable how lax they are with using the ropes in the IFL. Sometimes they make a big deal out of it and move the fighters away from the ropes and then other times they just completely let them use the ropes to their advantage.
Svartorm
3/28/07 3:47:41AM
I agree. I think they should deduct a point for people using rope escapes, as thats getting annoying.
themmachamp
3/29/07 3:53:43PM
i just heard that this monday will be a re-run of last weeks show, probably due to the NCAA bball tourny. Gives them two weeks to put together another solid show, i'll be looking forward to it