I Have an Idea for Dana White

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » I Have an Idea for Dana White
krthll1
9/25/07 2:03:27PM
I have an Idea of what I think will happen with the UFC welterweight division. Or at least what Dana White should do. I think Jon Fitch and George St. Pierre should fight to see who is the Number 1 contender. I think the winner of that matchup should be able to fight the of Matt Hughes and Matt Serra for the welterweight title. Do I have a good Idea or am I wrong. Please give me feedback. Thanks.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4
TNunley
9/25/07 2:08:31PM
I dunno, Matt Hughes got to fight for the belt after 1 fight following his loss. I think GSP should get to fight the winner of Serra vs. Hughes. Then Fitch should take on the loser of Serra vs. Hughes (Or the loser of the GSP title fight), and if he wins decisively, he should get a shot at GSP. Fitch has a lot of momentum, but I'd rather see him in another fight with another top level guy before throwing someone like GSP at him.
Rush
9/25/07 2:09:51PM
Jon Fitch has to beat another guy in the top 5 to be a contender. His win record is nice, but he hasn't fought any top 5 guy other than Diego and even Diego's top 5 status is debatable.

Since he trains with Koscheck, the list of top 5 guys for him to fight is pretty small.
TNunley
9/25/07 2:20:41PM

Posted by Rush
....Since he trains with Koscheck, the list of top 5 guys for him to fight is pretty small.

Didn't Hendo and Page train together? Maybe he should fight Koscheck. After all it's business...
Rush
9/25/07 2:29:43PM

Posted by TNunley

Didn't Hendo and Page train together? Maybe he should fight Koscheck. After all it's business...

Henderson is with Quest and Rampage isn't according to Wiki and Sherdog. I've never heard of Rampage and Henderson training together. Are you thinking of Sokoudjou?

I proposed the question in another of the 3 big WW names at AKA
Thread but I think it got ignored due to Saturday's event .
TNunley
9/25/07 2:38:12PM
I'm sure I was wrong, just thought I had heard that.
nubby
9/25/07 2:40:17PM
Couture and Henderson trained together.
johny_rotten
9/25/07 2:46:51PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by TNunley

Henderson is with Quest and Rampage isn't according to Wiki and Sherdog. I've never heard of Rampage and Henderson training together. Are you thinking of Sokoudjou?

I proposed the question in another of the 3 big WW names at AKA
Thread but I think it got ignored due to Saturday's event .

They were never on the same fight team, but have trained together in the past. Before Rampage hired Jaunito he was team Oyama. That team didn't have a home base, so Rampage was always looking for people to train with. That lead him mainly to Team Punishment up in Big Bear, but he also went to team Quest many times. He also trained with Dan for a few weeks when Randy and Bas opened a gym in Cali towards the end of last year. He was joined by Vera, Dan, Mayhem Miller, Randy, and couple other guys. He used to have pictures on his myspace from those few weeks.

Also in Pride you had to get to Japan at least a week prior to the card. Many of the American fighters worked out together for that week. Quinton has mentioned that he worked with Dan durring that time as well.
cowcatcher
9/25/07 2:49:30PM
rampage has trained everywhere, he even trained with the chief andre roberts, that guy has a wealth of technical knowledge
EddieBowers
9/25/07 2:59:17PM
I like the idea.. Jon Fitch is a good fighter and I would love to see him take on GSP. That would be a great fight... plus it woudl show what level of fighter Fitch is, win or loose.
billycarnage
9/25/07 3:08:39PM
Back to the topic... I think Fitch St.Pierre is a must. They keep comparing the two and you cant put Fitch on the back burner. There is only one top contender and that is hughes so both Fitch and St.Pierre have atleast another fight coming up before they get a shot. They are both coming off big wins. It only makes sense to match them up. That is what I want to see... in December.
TNunley
9/25/07 3:10:16PM

Posted by billycarnage

Back to the topic... I think Fitch St.Pierre is a must. They keep comparing the two and you cant put Fitch on the back burner. There is only one top contender and that is hughes so both Fitch and St.Pierre have atleast another fight coming up before they get a shot. They are both coming off big wins. It only makes sense to match them up. That is what I want to see... in December.

Fitch is a great fighter, I just don't think he has earned it yet.
cowcatcher
9/25/07 3:16:18PM
i like the idea of fitch and gsp facing off, but if i remember correctly gsp has already been slated to fight the winner of the battle of the matts, so im not sure how likely fitch/gsp is. im guessing that if gsp gets the next shot without a fight in between, we will see fitch in a #1 contenders match with karo(if he wins his upcoming fight). should karo lose however, that kind of clouds up the 170 lb contender picture, and fitch would probably be next in line with one match in between.
Aries2343
9/25/07 3:50:56PM
I think that Fitch should face Koscheck then if he win he gets a shot at GSP that way it is balanced Fitch has only fought top 15 welterweights he should prove himself and take on Koscheck then he would be top 10 material
TNunley
9/25/07 4:23:56PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i like the idea of fitch and gsp facing off, but if i remember correctly gsp has already been slated to fight the winner of the battle of the matts, so im not sure how likely fitch/gsp is. im guessing that if gsp gets the next shot without a fight in between, we will see fitch in a #1 contenders match with karo(if he wins his upcoming fight). should karo lose however, that kind of clouds up the 170 lb contender picture, and fitch would probably be next in line with one match in between.

"With his win over Josh Koscheck last month at UFC 74, St. Pierre guaranteed himself a title shot between the winner of current champ Matt Serra and former champ Matt Hughes."

MMA Junkie
EddieBowers
9/25/07 4:44:45PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cowcatcher

"With his win over Josh Koscheck last month at UFC 74, St. Pierre guaranteed himself a title shot between the winner of current champ Matt Serra and former champ Matt Hughes."

MMA Junkie

I still say Fitch VS GSP... Jon woudl hand it to Kos.
pv3Hpv3p
9/25/07 6:36:17PM
I think if anything it should be Fitch vs Karo for next in line after GSP... I know Fitch had an impressive showing against Diego, but Karo has been put on the backburner too many times and for too long... It's not always "what have you done for me lately", right?

Karo just needs to win his next fight (if not this plan goes out the window), and then this can happen, and we'll have GSP(I hope) vs winner of Karo/Fitch, and a little clerification at welterweight... Now LHW is a different story all together
MMAnomale
9/26/07 11:17:19AM
I actually disagree. I think GSP is already the #1 contender, period. And although they just scheduled Karo a fight, I would've liked to have seen Karo/Fitch, for the #1 contender spot, after GSP fights the winner of Hughes/Serra.
jocka
9/26/07 12:50:46PM

Posted by MMAnomale

I actually disagree. I think GSP is already the #1 contender, period. And although they just scheduled Karo a fight, I would've liked to have seen Karo/Fitch, for the #1 contender spot, after GSP fights the winner of Hughes/Serra.

I agree with you, Gsp is already the #1 contender but it is a shame i won t get to see him fight before probably march or so unless the UFC setup a fight with Fitch. I love Fitch but since the WW division is so stack with talents i dont think he deserves GSP just yet, he needs to fight some good guys like Karo or Koshcheck . But honeslty thoses 2 guys needs to fight even if they are my favorites guys in the WW (i love GSP way more lol) it would be better if they fight for the belt
BigEvil
9/26/07 1:26:16PM
Fitch will hopefully earn his shot after GSP takes his title back from either Serra or Hughes.