Can Iceman hold 2 titles

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Can Iceman hold 2 titles
Next Page »
gimmper
3/4/07 8:59:19PM
Question...if Iceman were to beat conture can he hold both titles simultaneously..I am not sure how the titlr rules work?
Huckit
3/4/07 9:03:12PM

Posted by gimmper

Question...if Iceman were to beat conture can he hold both titles simultaneously..I am not sure how the titlr rules work?

if he fights couture for hw title he will win but he wont hold it long when he fights most other HW
gimmper
3/4/07 9:10:54PM
Right but i guess what I am really asking is can a fighter hold 2 belts at the same time
poll77
3/4/07 9:13:08PM

Posted by Huckit

Posted by gimmper

if he fights couture for hw title he will win but he wont hold it long when he fights most other HW

Who are most? CC yeah but I am not too sure if there are many other UFC HW's that would beat him, well easily. Its not like he wouldn't have a chance against others.
Mayo
3/4/07 9:14:26PM

Posted by gimmper

Question...if Iceman were to beat conture can he hold both titles simultaneously..I am not sure how the title rules work?

I believe he can hold both belts simultaneously because back in the day when Couture droped down from HW to LHW he somehow (i forget the details) got an interm LHW belt while Tito held the actual LHW belt and then eventually they got consolidated into one after they fought eachother. So if they let that occur then I don't see why they wouldn't let Chuck have two belts. Then afterwards I assume only one of the belts would be on the line at a time depending on the weight class of the fight that Chuck would be in.
poll77
3/4/07 9:14:52PM

Posted by gimmper

Right but i guess what I am really asking is can a fighter hold 2 belts at the same time

I think they would let you hold two titles because I remember Hughes talking about possibly going for two belts if he would beat GSP and if Franklin didn't have the MW belt. Never happened though obviously.
gimmper
3/4/07 9:15:49PM
I suppose my question will not be answered here...Is there anyone who knows how title rules work in the UFC...Because if I was Iceman I would be gunning for it...HW and LHW champ...
madmarck
3/4/07 9:16:49PM

Posted by gimmper

He would lose the HW after Cro Cop Ko'd him.
gimmper
3/4/07 9:17:26PM
Thank you guys I replied before your replies posted...That would be quite a feat though huh.
Mayo
3/4/07 9:21:59PM

Posted by gimmper

I suppose my question will not be answered here...Is there anyone who knows how title rules work in the UFC...Because if I was Iceman I would be gunning for it...HW and LHW champ...

I don't know if you are hoping for an exerpt from a UFC Policy & Procedures Book or something but I think it would ultimately be a judgement call on Dana's part, mostly determined from a business perspective... would it be more beneficial to lose an asset like Couture or CroCop due to Chuck beating him... or would it be more beneficial to lose Chuck altogether if he get KTFO by CroCop. It sounds like a lose-lose situation to me. I don't think Dana would let it happen as much as we all would love to see it happen.
gimmper
3/4/07 9:26:48PM
You have knowledge...and think outside the box Mayo...I will give you props for that...yes we would love to see it...but Money Talks and Dana calls the shots...hahaha
THE_AXE_MURDERER
3/5/07 2:27:04AM
Chuck is good but theres no way he can beat Mirko no way!
mrsumo
3/5/07 5:13:27AM
I think he could hold two titles at once, but the difficulty would be having to stay at the lower weight all the time. He would have to defend both titles and title matches are pretty often in the ufc. So he would probably be fighting alot more than other fighters at his level. If Randy gives the same effort to chuck he gave tim, than it wouldn't be an issue anyway. It would be a repeat of Couture/Liddell 1 instead of 2 or 3.
madmarck
3/5/07 6:44:42AM

Posted by mrsumo

I think he could hold two titles at once, but the difficulty would be having to stay at the lower weight all the time. He would have to defend both titles and title matches are pretty often in the ufc. So he would probably be fighting alot more than other fighters at his level. If Randy gives the same effort to chuck he gave tim, than it wouldn't be an issue anyway. It would be a repeat of Couture/Liddell 1 instead of 2 or 3.

I wonder man. That would be great. But then we would see Couture/ Liddell 5 and that is just to many.
At HW if Randy has a weight advantage he might be able to take Chuck down easier.
BloodandTears
3/5/07 2:32:48PM

Posted by Huckit

Posted by gimmper

I disagree with this statement. I believe Ice man could hang with all the top HW contenders.
madmarck
3/5/07 2:34:50PM
Even Cro Cop? Pretty sure he is just a bigger, meaner, more skilled, and more powerful version of chuck.
SteedTheDeed
3/5/07 4:06:54PM
considering Dana yells about PRIDE having champ vs champ match, dana would be a hypocrite to give chuck a HW title shot.
Someguy
3/5/07 4:38:43PM

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by Huckit

Posted by gimmper

I disagree with this statement. I believe Ice man could hang with all the top HW contenders.

Other then duel eye pokes how would you expect Chuck to come out as the victor against Crocop?
BloodandTears
3/5/07 5:26:38PM

Posted by Someguy

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by Huckit

Posted by gimmper

Other then duel eye pokes how would you expect Chuck to come out as the victor against Crocop?

I never said nuthin bout CC! Assuming stupid s#@! like that is what gives Noobs a bad name! I was talking about the "Most other HW"! There aint nuthin in that post about CC!! Eye pokes? Man go watch some more Spike TV!! BTW, Stop stealing other ppl's avatars
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
gimmper
3/5/07 7:46:24PM
Don't mess with the knowledge of Blood...He rules our Camp with an Iron fist...Assumptions will kill. Rampage will dominate most....Chuck Liddell will dominate most...as we have seen Conture will dominate most...Thats why UFC HEAVYWEIGHT division is not close to where it needs to be. Anytime a small man can dominate a large man the skill level and mindset is not up to par...Fedor is the true HW champ...anybody in the UFC heavyweight division is just a contender...only my thoughts... Long Live The Gluttons
jocksmall
3/5/07 8:00:50PM
I THINK dana would reply like fu** yea he can Fu**in hold a fu** hw and lhw belt at the same fu**in time.
just joking dana drops alot of f-bombs
hippysmacker
3/5/07 8:22:22PM

Posted by gimmper

Don't mess with the knowledge of Blood...He rules our Camp with an Iron fist...Assumptions will kill. Rampage will dominate most....Chuck Liddell will dominate most...as we have seen Conture will dominate most...Thats why UFC HEAVYWEIGHT division is not close to where it needs to be. Anytime a small man can dominate a large man the skill level and mindset is not up to par...Fedor is the true HW champ...anybody in the UFC heavyweight division is just a contender...only my thoughts... Long Live The Gluttons

Fedor and Randy are the same size. Chuck is actually bigger than both of them. As for the UFC heavyweights, with the addition of Cro-cop , Werdum, and a rejuvanated Randy that makes it 5 to 5 UFC Pride in my book.Fedor beats any and all in my book, inspite of his size. Heavyweight is just a weak division overall IMO. Just my thoughts too
zephead
3/5/07 8:23:32PM

Posted by Someguy

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by Huckit

Posted by gimmper

The same way Randleman did
jdubs
3/5/07 8:58:10PM
im pretty sure u can cause when vera was in ufc there was all that talk of him being the first to hold both titles, and im pretty sure he would. i also think chuck will be THE FIRST to hold lhw and hw
gimmper
3/5/07 11:08:28PM
Randleman beat cro-cop after an all night partying affair...Cro-cop was still buzzed when he got in the ring with Randleman...but I tell you one thing Randleman won't do it again...every once in awhile in this lifetime the cosmos lines up and allows underdogs to get lucky..it keeps bad arses humble...now if they ever fight again Cro-cop will not take his opposition so lightly and KO him...just my thoughts...long live the gluttons
jaba
3/6/07 12:52:39AM

Posted by poll77

Posted by Huckit

Posted by gimmper

Who are most? CC yeah but I am not too sure if there are many other UFC HW's that would beat him, well easily. Its not like he wouldn't have a chance against others.

Fabricio Werdum whos debuting at UFC 70 probably could beat couture, Arlovski if he kept it standing, Maybe Heath Herring if he can get back 2 his old self.
Rich78
3/6/07 1:25:43PM
And Chuck would have to get in the queue for the HW title, and I doubt he will be as effective (as much as I like the guy) in a couple of years as Randy currently is.
Someguy
3/6/07 11:24:01PM

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by Someguy

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by Huckit

Posted by gimmper

I never said nuthin bout CC! Assuming stupid s#@! like that is what gives Noobs a bad name! I was talking about the "Most other HW"! There aint nuthin in that post about CC!! Eye pokes? Man go watch some more Spike TV!! BTW, Stop stealing other ppl's avatars

You're a moron. You said "All the other Top HW contenders", how does Cropcop not factor into that? Inarticulate retards are what give 'noobs' bad names, so say 'what you mean' or shut the **** up.

PS. Stay in school champ.
greeneyebandit
3/7/07 11:44:36AM
The original question that was asked is what I am addressing....Yes you can hold 2 titles but only if the promoter wants to take that risk...in this case I doubt it...
BloodandTears
3/7/07 12:27:50PM

Posted by Someguy

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by Someguy

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by Huckit

Posted by gimmper

You're a moron. You said "All the other Top HW contenders", how does Cropcop not factor into that? Inarticulate retards are what give 'noobs' bad names, so say 'what you mean' or shut the **** up.

PS. Stay in school champ.

Ok, I re-read what I said, it is a bit offensive. I appologize! In the end this is all an opinion anyway's. We could argue till were blue in the face and it would get us no where. If this fight ever comes, I'd take CC. He's my favorite fighter! I did disagree with the "Most" HW's though. Not all HW. Thanks and good luck in the future bro.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: [1] 2