When and Who will the ICEMAN fight next???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » When and Who will the ICEMAN fight next???
Next Page »
ufcboss
1/7/08 3:03:33AM
Well well, Chuck has beaten Wanderlei, And made it look good too.
So what is next for him?

First off I dont think that Chuck has ever went off the rail's, Or nearly retiered, Rampage got a sweet KO over him, And not taking nothing away from Rampage, Chuck messed up. Well done Rampage!

Then you can just say that Jardine was the way better fighter on the night, He done a great job. In Chuck's defence that was Jardine's fight of his life, He had everthing to gain and nothing to lose out of that fight, And if he lost, Well a loss to Liddell is far more credible, Than a loss to Houston. But prop's to Keith (And I hope you get a huge fight next!)

I thought the pressure of a 3rd loss could of got the better of him, But he came out and won, Wow hey.

Now love it or hate it Liddell is the UFC poster boy, He is the highest paid UFC fighter by about double (I think!) and I doubt he would leave anytime soon. Hell at worst I would get knocked out twice a year to earn a million plus!

To me Machida is the new biggest threat so I want to see Liddell/Machida, Stuff Tito give him to Wanderlei or Jardine even.
And I wanna see it at UFC 84/85. Rampage V Forrest will be shortly after so then not a big wait for Rampage/Forrest Vs Liddell/Machida.

(I hope they work something out for Jardine coz I see him getting the shaft)
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
bullettdodger
1/7/08 3:43:30AM
Hmm i got to say that i agree... so... to make this post worth wile.... DANCING BANANA!!!!!
cowcatcher
1/7/08 11:35:06AM
soku, hes making some decent money in the ufc and they need to showcase him as well as get chuck a contender so he can climb back towards a title shot. soku will stand with him, and you know dana would like to see chuck get that belt back one more time so he is going to get decent competition en route to being fast tracked to a title shot.
mrliquid
1/7/08 11:59:00AM
I think Machida deserves a fight with chuck before soku I think they boosted soku up way to much before they saw him fight in the ufc they made it seem like he was going to run over the competition and he had unearthly like strength
I dont think the guys a waste or anything dont get me wrong but he has to atleast win a few before fighting a guy at chucks status and level.
rabbit915
1/7/08 1:06:14PM
My guess for Chuck's next fight is either Machida or Shogun and maybe a re-match with Jardine. I think he should figt one of those two before the rematch though.
Rush
1/7/08 2:35:06PM
Machida is the only one that I can think of that deserves to fight Chuck at this point. Or I guess you could say Chuck deserves to fight Machida, depending on how you look at it.

Shogun - Not really because he is coming off a loss.
Tito - Coming off a lack lustre tie
Sok. - Coming off a loss.

If Chuck wants another shot at the title then I think he needs to fight a guy in the top 3 or 4 in the division.

Thiago Silva is another possibility for Chuck.

All in all I see both Shogun and Chuck fighting one or two fights each by the end of summer (around when Forrest and Rampage fight) and depending on the outcomes of their fights I see at least on of them fighting the winner of Forrest and Rampage.
Leland
1/7/08 3:37:20PM
If he wins his next fight he will probably be in title contention once again.

next fight: Chuck VS Shogun
maybe: machida

Chuck is coming off of 2 losses, Shogun is coming off of 1 loss. It would make sense to give him Shogun, but knowing Dana, it will be #1 contendership next fight.

Machida isnt coming off any losses, he doesn't need to fight Liddell right now, but someone actually moving up the LHW chain without 2 back to back losses. Thiago Silva maybe?

EDIT: I also think Thigao/Machida need a #1 contender spot before chuck. Sorry Chuckie!
rabbit915
1/7/08 4:17:32PM
I think Thiago needs to fight someone on the lower half of the top 10 LHW before he gets thrown into this mix. Maybe Wandy or Evans.
NatedawgThaM
1/7/08 4:31:57PM
Thiago Silva dammit!!!

He's the new Wandy-Shogun with his brutal-brawling-exciting and entertaining style that goes back to his Chutebox days! He's very smart, has mad skills, and I think he's one of the best fighters in the division!!

He has tremendous heart, he'll brawl with the brawlers and if it happens to go to the ground, he'll GNP you out or submit your ass! I think him vs Chuck would be more exciting then Wandy vs Chuck!!!.....just without the several year hype. Thiago would look at the Wandy fight and do everything Wandy didn't that gave Liddell the decision.

I personally think it's bullshit Chuck is back in the title mix after getting owned in 2 of his last 3 fights and barely pulled out a close decision with the 1st two rounds I could see going either way. Maybe this is because I'm the driver of the Thiago Silva bandwagon but I think he deserves a shot being undefeated and all! Maybe Rashad?

If not Thiago, Chuck should rematch Jardine since all you Chuckheads think it was a fluke. I personally think Jardine would own him again and get the knockout. He did exactly what you have to do to beat Chuck. He was just a little hesititant since Chuck was a feared striker at the time coming off dangerous after a brutal KO. I think Jardine will use that same gameplan and be less scared and will lay him out!!!
Leland
1/7/08 4:33:37PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Thiago Silva dammit!!!

He's the new Wandy-Shogun with his brutal-brawling-exciting and entertaining style that goes back to his Chutebox days! He's very smart, has mad skills, and I think he's one of the best fighters in the division!!

He has tremendous heart, he'll brawl with the brawlers and if it happens to go to the ground, he'll GNP you out or submit your ass! I think him vs Chuck would be more exciting then Wandy vs Chuck!!!.....just without the several year hype. Thiago would look at the Wandy fight and do everything Wandy didn't that gave Liddell the decision.

I personally think it's bullshit Chuck is back in the title mix after getting owned in 2 of his last 3 fights and barely pulled out a close decision with the 1st two rounds I could see going either way. Maybe this is because I'm the driver of the Thiago Silva bandwagon but I think he deserves a shot being undefeated and all! Maybe Rashad?

If not Thiago, Chuck should rematch Jardine since all you Chuckheads think it was a fluke. I personally think Jardine would own him again and get the knockout. He did exactly what you have to do to beat Chuck. He was just a little hesititant since Chuck was a feared striker at the time coming off dangerous after a brutal KO. I think Jardine will use that same gameplan and be less scared and will lay him out!!!

AMEN BROTHA!! Chuck doesnt deserve anywhere near a title shot.

Thiago Silva for the next champion
Rush
1/7/08 4:36:17PM

Posted by Leland

Chuck is coming off of 2 losses, Shogun is coming off of 1 loss. It would make sense to give him Shogun, but knowing Dana, it will be #1 contendership next fight.

Machida isnt coming off any losses, he doesn't need to fight Liddell right now, but someone actually moving up the LHW chain without 2 back to back losses. Thiago Silva maybe?

EDIT: I also think Thigao/Machida need a #1 contender spot before chuck. Sorry Chuckie!

I disagree to an extent

Chuck is coming off a win, not two losses and even one of his two losses was when he lost the championship, so that really doesn't count.

Chuck's situation is interesting because he lost to a mediocre fighter and beat a distinguished fighter.

IMO, Shogun came in and lost to an above average fighter (for whatever reason it doesn't matter). I think Shogun needs to be given a fight with someone around Forrest's level or Tito's level. He doesn't necessarily deserve a fight with a top three guy right now.

To say that Machida doesn't need to fight Chuck right now is not accurate IMO. Machida needs to beat another guy in the top 5 to be considered a real contender. Sure he is undefeated, but he is not the #1 contender right now IMO. A Machida vs. T. Silva fight would be a step up for Silva, but a step down for Machida.

Machida is the only top fighter that I can think of right now that is coming off a win and is around a title contention picture. IMO, he is the best bet for Chuck. If Machida wins, then he has secured his place in title contention. If Chuck wins, then he is not only the first guy to beat Machida, but is also worth of a title shot.

T. Silva is only a good choice for Chuck, I think, if the UFC wants to throw him an "easier" fight in order to try and legitamatize a title shot for him. T. Silva is not in title contention right now IMO, but he is undeafated which makes him a plausible/legitimate stepping stone for Chuck.

Here are the reasonable fights I see for top LHWs in the future.

Chuck vs. either Machida or T. Silva

Machida vs. Tito or Chuck

Wanderlei vs. Rameau, Jardine or Rashad

Shogun vs. Tito, Rashad, Ramaeu, Jardine

Rashad vs. Tito, Shogun, maybe T. Silva
NatedawgThaM
1/7/08 4:50:02PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Leland

I disagree to an extent

Chuck is coming off a win, not two losses and even one of his two losses was when he lost the championship, so that really doesn't count.

Chuck's situation is interesting because he lost to a mediocre fighter and beat a distinguished fighter.

IMO, Shogun came in and lost to an above average fighter (for whatever reason it doesn't matter). I think Shogun needs to be given a fight with someone around Forrest's level or Tito's level. He doesn't necessarily deserve a fight with a top three guy right now.

To say that Machida doesn't need to fight Chuck right now is not accurate IMO. Machida needs to beat another guy in the top 5 to be considered a real contender. Sure he is undefeated, but he is not the #1 contender right now IMO. A Machida vs. T. Silva fight would be a step up for Silva, but a step down for Machida.

Machida is the only top fighter that I can think of right now that is coming off a win and is around a title contention picture. IMO, he is the best bet for Chuck. If Machida wins, then he has secured his place in title contention. If Chuck wins, then he is not only the first guy to beat Machida, but is also worth of a title shot.

T. Silva is only a good choice for Chuck, I think, if the UFC wants to throw him an "easier" fight in order to try and legitamatize a title shot for him. T. Silva is not in title contention right now IMO, but he is undeafated which makes him a plausible/legitimate stepping stone for Chuck.

Here are the reasonable fights I see for top LHWs in the future.

Chuck vs. either Machida or T. Silva

Machida vs. Tito or Chuck

Wanderlei vs. Rameau, Jardine or Rashad

Shogun vs. Tito, Rashad, Ramaeu, Jardine

Rashad vs. Tito, Shogun, maybe T. Silva

I can agree with that! Well explained!

You just forget one thing....THIAGO SILVA 09 LHW CHAMPION!!!!

I think Rashad is above Machida though. I don't know, I just think he is more battle tested and has fought the tougher competition. In the UFC he has beaten Bisping, Bonnar, Drawed Tito, and won TUF 2. While Machida has only beaten a yet battle tested Soko and exposed him, Sam Hogar, Herring, and Nakamura. For some reason Rashad's resume' looks better.

So I think...

Rashad vs Machida
Jardine vs Chuck 2
Tito vs Shogun
Thiago Silva vs Nakamura(don't know how long suspended) or Stephan Bonnar(Holy shit, great fight! Both better grapplers but rather brawl!)
Wandy vs Soko

LHW is hott! Whatever they do, it sure looks great in the future!
Leland
1/7/08 4:53:20PM
The LHW is in a frenzy right now. So many possible matches really. It's gonna be a good LHW year I have a feeling.

The wandy/silva fight was a great one, but put both fighters in a bad spot with a possible 3 losses in a row

anyway. I can see chuck fighting machida/silva but in my eyes chuck has dropped more than he has gained. he beat wandy (hes 2 fights down when chuck fought him), now hes back fighting for a close #1 contender spot? chuck needs to work his way back up a little more like everyone else. do you think cro cop, if he bounces back after 2 losses, is going to get thrown right into #1 contender after 1 win? another thought. would dana let chuck fight rampage a 3rd time? why see chuck get tossed off the bridge 3 times in a row? chuck should work his way up slowly for a possible fight against a new champ. its gonna be crappy if chuck/rampage 3 happens IMO lol.

I wonder when Jardine will fight next, because i think chuck should fight him again before a title shot. If chuck cant overcome Keith (dont get me wrong hes a beast) why would chuck be ready for a title?
cowcatcher
1/7/08 4:58:39PM
i dont think chuck is the #1 contender in anyones book, forrest seems to have that honor, but chuck made a statement against wandy, hes got some fights left in him. i picked soku simply because of the tito/machida rumors, thiago silva has got to be fighting fairly soon, and i can see jardine as a possible opponent for him so that left soku in my mind simply because he and chuck will stand and bang and thats what the fans want to see.
Rush
1/7/08 5:18:23PM
I all honesty, the perfect match up IMO for Chuck, but will never happen would be Chuck and Forrest.
Mayhem13
1/7/08 6:16:52PM
Machida at 84 is my guess

Shogun is fighting at 83 he thinks...si I doubt that will be Chucks next fight...I think Machida makes the most sense....Thiago could also be a possibility...or maybe even Houston

edit- or Rashad
cowcatcher
1/7/08 7:41:49PM

Posted by Rush

I all honesty, the perfect match up IMO for Chuck, but will never happen would be Chuck and Forrest.

dont be too quick to think that, chuck has this mmajacked site that he promotes really heavily right now and forrest posted a myspace bulletin today saying that he is not, nor will he ever be a member of the site and apparently they have been using his name without permission. not saying that that would cause them to fight, but its food for thought.
iwannabesedated
1/7/08 9:01:38PM
Chuck Vs Rashad..So we can see if Rashad is a top ten guy.A win over Bisbing and Bonnar and a draw with Tito sitll isnt enough for me to consider him top ten just yet.

Shogun Vs Jardine-I dunno i just think its interesting

Thiago Vs Machida...Altho i think Machida could have a title shot now..Hes undefeated and has wins over Franklin,Bonnar,Bj Penn,Nakamura,and Soko.Same can be said for Thiago being undefeated he just hasnt beat some of the top guys like Machida has.

Wandy Vs Houston--Could be brutal..
rabbit915
1/7/08 9:08:17PM
I think being undefeated is an overrated trait. Just because theyve never lost doesnt mean they have proved they are better than a guy who has lost to top guys.

Machida should be in contender talks but needs one more big win. I think Thiago needs two more.
mkiv9secsupra
1/8/08 10:08:21AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Chuck Vs Rashad..So we can see if Rashad is a top ten guy.A win over Bisbing and Bonnar and a draw with Tito sitll isnt enough for me to consider him top ten just yet.

chuck vs rashad is not fair to rashad. Rashad = half assed takedowns and Chuck = best takedown defense in the sport....that combined with chucks new focus and heavy hands and rashads unimpressive striking.....this is MMA's second death waiting to happen....

Wandy vs Houston? Maybe MMA's third death. A knee would go straight through Alexanders chest and head...or if wandy wanted to he'd just take him down and submit him.
Chris_Jabs_Too_Much
1/8/08 3:14:06PM
Liddell vs Shogun would be AWESOME. Liddell vs Thiago Silva as well, and I agree that being undefeated does not make you top ten, but it would be a great test for Silva, as it was for Jardine.

And sorry but if Chuck does make it back to Rampage for redemption/title fight... I gotta give it to Rampage. I've watched them both pretty much their entire careers and I gotta give it to Rampage (again). But I like Liddell and have always respected him as a fighter, but I will (and always have) be going for Quinton.

Again! No disrespect, Liddell is awesome.
iwannabesedated
1/8/08 5:20:20PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

chuck vs rashad is not fair to rashad. Rashad = half assed takedowns and Chuck = best takedown defense in the sport....that combined with chucks new focus and heavy hands and rashads unimpressive striking.....this is MMA's second death waiting to happen....

Wandy vs Houston? Maybe MMA's third death. A knee would go straight through Alexanders chest and head...or if wandy wanted to he'd just take him down and submit him.

Wow...I highly doubt Chuck would literally "Kill" Rashad and the same goes for Wandy Vs Houston...I think Chuck and Rashad would be a good matchup so we can see if Rashad is top ten material..The guy has only gotten better since he's been on TUF..He's a solid wrestler and his striking has improved.I'd pick Chuck but its a fight to see if Chuck is still Chuck and if Rashad can be a top ten guy.

Wandy Vs Houston...Whose to say that Houston couldn't KO Wandy..He also has some sick knees...Hello Sakara and Jardine anyone?? as long as he dont get taken down on his back the guy can Explode and let the hands and Knees fly...Id pick Wandy to win but im just saying.These are what i think would be descent matchups you dont have agree,Or make a ridiculous statement like Rashad and Houston would be dead...

Boo_Radley21
1/8/08 5:28:38PM
I'd like to see him fight a healthy Shogun.

I wouldn't like to see him fight Rashad at all. He needs to fight guys who are higher up.
mkiv9secsupra
1/8/08 7:43:33PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Wow...I highly doubt Chuck would literally "Kill" Rashad and the same goes for Wandy Vs Houston...I think Chuck and Rashad would be a good matchup so we can see if Rashad is top ten material..The guy has only gotten better since he's been on TUF..He's a solid wrestler and his striking has improved.I'd pick Chuck but its a fight to see if Chuck is still Chuck and if Rashad can be a top ten guy.

Wandy Vs Houston...Whose to say that Houston couldn't KO Wandy..He also has some sick knees...Hello Sakara and Jardine anyone?? as long as he dont get taken down on his back the guy can Explode and let the hands and Knees fly...Id pick Wandy to win but im just saying.These are what i think would be descent matchups you dont have agree,Or make a ridiculous statement like Rashad and Houston would be dead..

haha i didnt literally mean they would die, i just mean it'd be completely one sided ending in a brutal ko. Chuck has beaten better takedown artists and bigger, better strikers. Im not saying i wouldnt love to see chuck KO someone id just rather see him keep testing himself and take on Shogun.

And Houston still has yet to show great striking. He has power but his striking is below par. Wandy would catch him with that barrage of huge hooks and put him out.
chickmagnet
1/8/08 10:20:29PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Thiago Silva dammit!!!

THATS IT! First of all if you hate Chuck so much why do u have his picture as ur display pic? Just curious. oh and if you think the Wandy fight was close you need to open your EYES and watch the fight as a neutral fan and not a biased fan for Wandy. JUST ADMIT that Wandy got destroyed in that fight, in all 3 rounds!

In the 1st round Chuck landed way more shots..i dont think Wand landed 1 clean shot. In the "contraversial" 2nd round Chuck didn't get knocked down.
they were slips both times...the 2nd slip wasn't a knockdown, if you watch Chuck landed a big right and as he was moving back Wand barely skimmed Chucks face when Chuck was already on his way down, then Chuck opened up Wand with a couple elbows and landed 2 big rights and then took Wand down( enough said ). 3rd round was all Chuck, takedown, spinning back fist, big left, big right, big left, big right, barrage of strikes, takedown....That fight was not close at all. So all you Wanderlei biased fans stop cryin and accept defeat!

Oh and about Jardine, i give Jardine credit for beating Liddell and that should have been a U.D. i admit that but if Chuck came out like he did against Wandy or against Randy he would KO Jardine.

Oh by the way I thought Chuck couldn't beat a striker. Im pretty sure I heard a bunch of people say Chuck cant beat a striker, oh wait is Wand not a striker? oh yeah wand is a striker Haha. You shouldn't criticize so much!
rabbit915
1/8/08 10:27:26PM
I love how both the Chuck fans and the Chuck haters are spinning that fight both ways. As a non biased fan, i will say that it was a win for Chuck. He did not destroy Wandy but at the same time he clearly won the fight. Discussion ended.
cmill21
1/8/08 11:50:38PM

Posted by rabbit915

I love how both the Chuck fans and the Chuck haters are spinning that fight both ways. As a non biased fan, i will say that it was a win for Chuck. He did not destroy Wandy but at the same time he clearly won the fight. Discussion ended.

Yeah and why is anyone arguing different?
NatedawgThaM
1/8/08 11:56:17PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Thiago Silva dammit!!!

THATS IT! First of all if you hate Chuck so much why do u have his picture as ur display pic? Just curious. oh and if you think the Wandy fight was close you need to open your EYES and watch the fight as a neutral fan and not a biased fan for Wandy. JUST ADMIT that Wandy got destroyed in that fight, in all 3 rounds!

In the 1st round Chuck landed way more shots..i dont think Wand landed 1 clean shot. In the "contraversial" 2nd round Chuck didn't get knocked down.
they were slips both times...the 2nd slip wasn't a knockdown, if you watch Chuck landed a big right and as he was moving back Wand barely skimmed Chucks face when Chuck was already on his way down, then Chuck opened up Wand with a couple elbows and landed 2 big rights and then took Wand down( enough said ). 3rd round was all Chuck, takedown, spinning back fist, big left, big right, big left, big right, barrage of strikes, takedown....That fight was not close at all. So all you Wanderlei biased fans stop cryin and accept defeat!

Oh and about Jardine, i give Jardine credit for beating Liddell and that should have been a U.D. i admit that but if Chuck came out like he did against Wandy or against Randy he would KO Jardine.

Oh by the way I thought Chuck couldn't beat a striker. Im pretty sure I heard a bunch of people say Chuck cant beat a striker, oh wait is Wand not a striker? oh yeah wand is a striker Haha. You shouldn't criticize so much!

Why Chuck is my avatar? Lost in a bet. Even if I did like Chuck I would never willingly have hearts around him, with him next to my picture saying I love chuck. I don't roll that way.

Is Wandy a striker? Yes wandy is a striker. Kudos to Chuck for the win. BUT, that was the first win over a natural striker in how long? A few years. Wandy was coming off two losses. In PRIDE he would have wrecked Chuck. It's all about Environment people.

About the fight "not" being close I agree Chuck won the 1st round but barely. I only gave it to him it because of aggression. About Chuck landing all these "clean" punches? Buddy look at the compustrike stats somewhere. Most of both of there punches were arm punches. In the 1st round Chuck landed only about 4 or 5 clean punches to Wandy's one or too. Chuck through more but most of them were arm punches. 2nd round, Wandy was more aggressive, they landed the same amount, CHUCK DID GET KNOCKED DOWN! The second time. So what? I've seen a lot fighters get knocked down and hit back on the way down. It's called throwing a punch at the same time and his landing first and you starting to go down before your punch actually meets it's target. DUH!

They landed the same amount of punches in the 2nd and Wandy got the knockdown. Even if they weren't knockdowns they still made him look bad. Round 2 too Wandy. Round 3 was all Chuck. It was 29-28 Chuck. That's a close fight especially since Round 2 could have went either way and in the 1st they landed almost the same amount of punches!!!

Get off Chucks nuts, it was a close fight. Why the hell do you think Dana is considering a rematch if Wandy starts winning and Chuck loses?
cmill21
1/9/08 1:03:47AM
Apperently Chucks asking for Jardine. IMO that could be career suicide since if he loses then what? Also Jardine might be pissed but who knows.
billy393
1/9/08 4:44:23AM
I would be thinking Rashad..

Yeah and by reading the above where does drunky Jardine fit into these equations??? He easily beats the ex-title holder so he would have to be close to a contender?
Pages: [1] 2