Where does the Iceman go after UFC 88?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Where does the Iceman go after UFC 88?
Jshep714
9/2/08 1:53:13AM
I would like to know where you think Chuck goes after 88.

Where does he go if he wins?
-Does he get a shot at Forrest?
-Are we looking at a rematch with the Axe Murderer?

Where does he go if he loses?
-Who does he face?
-Does he call it quits due to the recent losses (Jardine, Jackson, Possibly Rashad)
-Does he get a rematch with Jardine?

I think if he wins he needs at least one more win to get a shot at Forrest. Im not sure who he would fight though.

What do you guys think?
ufcboss
9/2/08 3:32:58AM
I would just about gamble my testies that he gets Forrest, If he loses, I will cry! And Rashard WONT get the title shot.
Drudinh
9/2/08 6:27:56AM
Rampage................. REVENGE!
DCRage
9/2/08 9:00:30AM
If Liddell wins, title shot. If he loses, he'll get another up-and-comer or perhaps they'll throw Machida at him.
gartface
9/2/08 10:06:17AM

Posted by DCRage

If Liddell wins, title shot. If he loses, he'll get another up-and-comer or perhaps they'll throw Machida at him.

I usually don't scoff at "boring" fights, but Machida against Chuck would be a snooze fest.
Wasn't Liddell promised a title shot after 2 wins? Or was that before the Jardine fight? Either way I think he deserves to get a shot at getting his title back. He defended so many times, and held the belt for so long, it's only fitting he gets another shot at it.
stock
9/2/08 11:40:46AM
IMO, I think Machida deserves a title fight now. However, timing becomes an issue since he is scheduled to fight a month and a half from now.

Given that, I think you have to give the title shot to the winner of Liddell/Evans.

DCRage
9/2/08 12:01:47PM
I agree Machida deserves a shot but as long as he keeps having "boring" fights that go to decisions, they will keep sandbagging.
mkiv9secsupra
9/2/08 12:30:06PM
Chuck gets a title shot after Rashad. Then he defends his belt after beating Griffin, then possibly a Rampage rematch or Wandy rematch.

If chuck loses, i hope they set up a rematch with Jardine or just give him Thiago Silva
Aether
9/2/08 12:41:13PM
Machida hasn't beaten anyone in the top 10, he doesn't deserve a shot before chuck. The closest he's come is beating Ortiz in a decision, and there's no way you could rank tito any higher than 10th at the time.

If chuck wins he will get (and deserve) his title shot. He deserves it more than machida, and it isn't because of the way machida fights, it's because of who he's fought. Beating Evans and Wandy warrants a title shot, beating Sokoudjou and Tito doesn't.

If he loses, who knows. Depends on how other fights go in the meantime, there's a lot of possible changes on the horizon depending on who wins and loses their fights.
aaa9erh8er
9/2/08 2:10:10PM
if chuck wins i could see a automatic title shot but id rather see him fight the winner of machida/silva just tp prove hes ready. as far as rashad winning if he wins i for sure wanna see him go against at least at least one more top competetor, jardine,wandy,...........shogun?(all bad matches imo)
emfleek
9/2/08 2:13:40PM
Chuck will most likely go to the afterparty after UFC 88.

mkiv9secsupra
9/2/08 2:18:25PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er
as far as rashad winning if he wins i for sure wanna see him go against at least at least one more top competetor, jardine,wandy,...........shogun?(all bad matches imo)

Haha Rashad doesnt matchup well against ANYONE at lhw....How is he still undefeated? Oh yeah he got lucky against BIsping....
prozacnation1978
9/2/08 9:49:41PM
right now i think either guy gets a title shot in dec against forrest in dec
i pick lidell to beat forrest but if evans wins i think forrest will beat him
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/2/08 10:04:32PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Chuck gets a title shot after Rashad. Then he defends his belt after beating Griffin, then possibly a Rampage rematch or Wandy rematch.

If chuck loses, i hope they set up a rematch with Jardine or just give him Thiago Silva

Biggz
9/3/08 1:42:32AM
it's kind of hard not to give a title shot to the winner of Liddell vs Evans, even though i really don't think Evans has beaten enough top guys like chuck as but i hope and really think Liddell murders Evans. however, if Liddell looses, i would like to him fight Dan Henderson, (if he wins at 88) or a rampage rematch.
fonduktoe
9/3/08 3:46:45AM
if liddell wins he gets a title shot
if rashad wins he gets a title shot (they'll bill it as tuf winner vs. tuf winner just like rashad v. bisping)
chuck better win