The Ice is melted!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » The Ice is melted!!!!
POLL: Is chucks career over? As fas as being a top level fighter?
yeah 15% (6)
nah 38% (15)
he needs 1 more loss to be done. 46% (18)
Irish209
9/23/07 4:48:10AM
Chuck is done right?? I was so close to seeing wandy ,chuck fight i prolly wouldnt even wanna see it anymore! I just dont get it,jardine doesnt have a awesome chin and chuck nailed him tons of times!! WHY WHY WHY!!

I guess this proves that anything can happen in this sport..
decken
9/23/07 7:19:51AM
I just think Chuck is a one dimensional fighter. He has a single game plan that he sticks with and when someone finds a hole in it he can't adapted, so he losses. I'm not saying Chuck is a bad fighter or that his game plan is bad. But everyone knows what he is going to do. This makes it easy to prepare for a fight against him.
silverbullet
9/23/07 8:13:50AM

Posted by decken

I just think Chuck is a one dimensional fighter. He has a single game plan that he sticks with and when someone finds a hole in it he can't adapted, so he losses. I'm not saying Chuck is a bad fighter or that his game plan is bad. But everyone knows what he is going to do. This makes it easy to prepare for a fight against him.

what he said
mkiv9secsupra
9/23/07 8:35:06AM
The same thing was said when wandy lost two in a row. "Hes done, hes too old, etc." Its ONLY two losses. We will have to wait and see how he does to tell if hes done.
RMFG_187
9/23/07 4:03:47PM
his carear is not over. he needs to change camps. the Pit is GREAT for his style. but as we have seen, there are HUGE holes in his game. VERY sloppy boxer, yet he is effective. To be honest (and im gonna get in shit for this) he should join AKA or even Team Punishment. they can help him lose the "1 dimensional fighter" aspect of him. hes got KO power in all limbs. but he needs to work on his style, stance, and Ground work. Chuck is VERY strong and IMO, if he were to work on his clinch game. he would be a VERY VERY dangerous fighter. we havnt seen him the clinch much, or even on the ground. but he is a great wrestler and kickboxer, he needs to work on his dirty boxing, Elbows and ground techinque. Chuck Liddell isnt the same anymore. but he can still be in line for a title shot if he changes a few aspects of his fight game. i meen for 5 years he has dominated, never had a fight go the distance till that peice of shit performance we saw at 76. he is still a dangerous fighter in the emensly dangerous LHW division
mkiv9secsupra
9/23/07 8:41:24PM
i wish hed go back to his style frrom the early days. he was a wrestler with ko power not a just a striker. We KNOW hes got amazing wrestling but i want to see him pull off an amazing armbar or elbow someones face while hes in their guard...
jeremygreen
9/27/07 10:53:56AM
Chuck will be back although not sure about him ever be champion again, he still is a great fighter and will always have my support no matter who he faces.
mikeyGdizzle
10/12/07 5:08:20AM
chuck vs wandy at ufc 79, finally!
Rush
10/13/07 10:33:41PM
I think Chuck can still compete, but he needs to change fighting camps. However, I really don't think he'll do that this late in the game.
RMFG_187
10/25/07 9:29:21PM
no way dude, not yet, on december 29th he is retiring tho