Ice Cream From Mama

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Ice Cream From Mama
POLL: Would you buy "mama's milk" ice cream?
Yes 10% (2)
No 90% (19)
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/30/08 5:32:21AM
PETA wants world-famous Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream to tap nursing moms, rather than cows, for the milk used in its ice cream.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is asking the ice cream maker to begin using breast milk in its products instead of cow's milk, saying it would reduce the suffering of cows and calves and give ice cream lovers a healthier product.
Link

So......would u buy it?
Manfred
9/30/08 5:43:57AM
Any "spare" breast milk that there may be should be donated to childrens hospitals and mothers who are unable to produce milk.

I care more about the health of HUMAN children than any suffering of cows and calves which has only gotten more and more humane over time.

So NO, I wouldn't buy it.
MALICE
9/30/08 9:43:39AM

I think the children should be put before the cows. My best friend grew up on a dairy farm, and will probably own that farm someday. This is only one farm to judge from but, those cows are not suffering in any sort of way. Unless my buddy gets p****d off and punches one, but he is kind of a girly man, so they don't even notice.

My thoughts are, why doesn't PETA lead by example. They can start eating the breast ice cream first and others can join if they feel the same way. Then they can quit flappin there gums.
DCRage
9/30/08 9:55:04AM
PETA's too extremist in their goals and accomplishing them. I'm not necessarily against them but I tend to be more sympathetic towards less-extreme groups like the ASPCA. As for the ice cream question, probably not. Admittedly I do not allow myself enough ice cream and I also never have Ben & Jerry's. Nothing against them because they are good but I'm more of a straight-up vanilla/chocolate person.
MMAcca
9/30/08 2:48:40PM
This must be some sort of a joke.......
pv3Hpv3p
9/30/08 3:54:42PM
PETA is ******* retarded
TWITA
9/30/08 3:59:27PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

PETA is ******* retarded

jiujitsufreak74
9/30/08 4:05:23PM
that is ridiculous. who gives a crap what those hippies over at PeTA think, they value animal life over human life and have "unnatural" bonds with their pets...just watch South Park.

Me---> -------------------------- <---PeTA
dannyfrank
9/30/08 4:38:22PM
f*ck PETA! they can suck it if they think 'll eat that shit. why dont they shut up and worry about animals that are ACTUALLY being treated unethically
Boo_Radley21
9/30/08 5:18:56PM
that's the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard.
CwB
9/30/08 5:30:50PM
i am the only one to say yes hahahaha...

peta is F-ing ridiculous
casey64
9/30/08 9:11:30PM
I am left speechless.
jae_1833
9/30/08 11:32:50PM
The only reason I said yes was because I am kind of a perv like that....PETA (and many other animal rights activist groups) should really start to put people first. Cows actually need to be milked or they get all messed up. I don't know all the specifics but I had a buddy who was raised on a farm tell me that. Makes sense, when my wife is breast feeding she always feels very relieved after feedings. I think the whole thing is just a publicity stunt, there is no way the FDA would even consider this!