IAN MCCALL VOWS TO FINISH DEMETRIOUS JOHNSON IN REMATCH

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » IAN MCCALL VOWS TO FINISH DEMETRIOUS JOHNSON IN REMATCH
sparky
3/28/12 3:03:07PM
If the judges’ scorecards had been counted correctly and the UFC flyweight tournament bout between Ian McCall and Demetrious Johnson had gone to a “sudden victory” fourth round, McCall believes he would have finished his opponent.

As evidence, he points to a strong third round in the March 3 matchup. McCall slammed Johnson in that final period, took his back, mounted him and landed heavy punches and elbows.

“I think I was close to putting him away in the third,” McCall told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “I think I would have put him away.”

He didn’t get the chance, though. Due to the tabulation error, the fight was ruled a majority decision for Johnson after the third round. Later it was changed to a majority draw, but McCall doesn’t think that was right either.

“I thought I won, but I got a weird, weird, sick feeling that I wasn’t going to win,” McCall said. “At first when I stood up, I was like, ‘I won the fight. I won the fight,’ and then when the ref grabbed my hand, I felt like I didn’t win. I felt like I did win, but I wasn’t going to get the decision.”

Link
Bubbles
3/28/12 3:28:02PM
if what MM said after the fight was true, he was just trying to survive and ride out the 3rd round rather than fight back cuz he thought he won the first 2 rounds.

I dont think there will be a finish in this rematch, but instead a more decisive victory for either guy
Cooler
3/28/12 4:30:08PM
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feelin that only Benavidez can probably finish fights at flyweight and its probably why it will never get major attraction to it. Historically the bantams and flys usually go the distance, they are quicker and throw a lot but it especially true of flys, fast but no power and not a lot of jiu jitsu going on down there in those weights...Dont like the flyweight division personally and I doubt McCall ever finishes a fight in the UFC no offense to him but we could have one established womens division at 140 or 135 and they could actually headline cards...
Wallass
3/28/12 5:47:32PM
U actually think he will too. Johnsons going to be missing time from camp for his wedding and McCall has to have some extra confidence after that third round.
jjeans
3/28/12 6:01:24PM
Don't buy into the hype guys, Mighty Mouse and McCall both showed weaknesses but when your look back at it all

Joesph Benavidez was ranked Number 1 to win
Mighty Mouse number 2
McCall 3
Urushitani 4

If the UFC put 1 vs 2 together theres no need for a tournament at all as you may as well just make it a championship fight straight off the bat, McCall vs Benavidez, Urushitani vs Might Mouse wasn't the most marketable combination

Before you think Benavidez looked impressive and he could finish both guys you have to remember he looked great against a guy who was least favourite to win in the first place, add that to the fact McCall hasn't been finished in 5 years and Johnson hasn't ever been finished ever, means you guys might not have backtracked and just based your judgements off of 1 fight.
DeadHead988
3/28/12 6:33:33PM
WAR UNCLE CREEPY!!!

IMO he clearly won the first time
Pookie
3/28/12 6:46:09PM
I like how the title is in all capslock. It feel's appropriate.
godofdixie
3/28/12 9:52:14PM
I SEE THAT THE THREAD TITLE IS IN ALL CAPS, WHICH OBVIOUSLY MAKES IT MORE IMPORTANT THAN MOST THREADS. THEREFORE, I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO REPLY IN ALL CAPS. THAT IS ALL
prophecy033
3/28/12 9:53:32PM

Posted by Pookie

I like how the title is in all capslock. It feel's appropriate.

its in caps because its brought to us by the one, the only....SPARKY
I know it was posted.by him before I even open it up
Chael_Sonnen
3/29/12 12:07:37AM
Well, if it happens to go to the judges, lets hope they brought their calculators with them.....1+1=3
tcunningham
3/29/12 2:25:43AM
that shit McCall was doing on top of mighty mouse in the 3rd was the most hilarious thing ive seen in a long time. riding MM like a bronco, classic. im stoked for the rematch because i enjoyed the first fight so much, i have no problem watching 3 more rounds between those two.
Bubbles
3/29/12 11:00:35AM

Posted by tcunningham

that shit McCall was doing on top of mighty mouse in the 3rd was the most hilarious thing ive seen in a long time. riding MM like a bronco, classic. im stoked for the rematch because i enjoyed the first fight so much, i have no problem watching 3 more rounds between those two.

the only thing he didn't do is play the bongo on MM's back
sparky
3/29/12 4:00:58PM

Its in caps because I copied and pasted off of sherdog if u open any topic on that site now the title is in caps ahahahah