Hypothetical 4 man LW tournament...who wins?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Hypothetical 4 man LW tournament...who wins?
POLL: Hypothetical 4 man LW tournament...who wins?
Diaz 13% (6)
Sherk 48% (23)
Mach 13% (6)
Kenflo 8% (4)
Who cares...BJ would submit em all! 17% (8)
Who cares...Gomi would KO em all! 2% (1)
veritas
11/9/07 2:56:52AM
Lets say there's a 4 man LW tournament with the first match-up between Kenny Florian and Nick Diaz and the second between Sean Sherk and Mach Sakurai?

Who makes it to the championship and takes the make-believe tournament, and I guess if you see Sherk beating Mach then the question is, can Diaz or Kenflo avenge their loss to the Muscle Shark?
cmill21
11/9/07 3:21:23AM
Sherk will lay n pray em all easily.
Scott_Revels
11/9/07 3:24:53AM
I went with Kenflo, just because i'll probably be his only vote.
NatedawgThaM
11/9/07 5:08:58AM
Nick Diaz EASY!!! WAR DIAZ!!!

He won the freakin fight with Sherk. Sherk tried everything to get Diaz on his back but just couldn't!!!

Nick Diaz IMO would be the best at 155(Easily destroying Gomi in the 2nd rd.) and IMO IS the best 160 pder...
jdubs
11/9/07 6:34:21AM
im liking the gomi option
xchickox
11/9/07 7:20:13AM
sherk....he's too strong and too dominant for all of them
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/9/07 8:02:48AM
lol not really a challenge tourney for BJ... he'd run right thru that one.
CornishMMA
11/9/07 8:24:48AM
Nice idea but that poll is fcked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neither Diaz nor Mach can actually make 155 to fight in it! So really its just Sherk VS Kenny and we have already seen that fight

The best UFC 4 man tourney right now would be - Sherk, BJ, Kenny, Stevenson/winner of Huerta/Guida
tuvok500
11/9/07 11:36:07AM
I voted " Who cares...BJ would submit em all " !!! LOL

stock
11/9/07 1:05:15PM
Until someone beats Sherk, it would be awefully hard for me to bet against him. Roid issue asside, he is an absolute monster with an untouchable workout ethic.
puppetmaster837
11/9/07 4:02:55PM
I'm gonna go with Sherk. He has beat 2 out of the other 3 already.
jiujitsufreak74
11/9/07 4:29:52PM
unfortunately sherk by LnP...but i would root for diaz no doubt. sherk is just too physically dominating in that division and his slow, trudging fighting style really wares on his opponents. He is one of the most boring fighters to watch IMO, but he would win against the names you mentioned by sheer overpowering LnP.
pv3Hpv3p
11/9/07 4:39:44PM
I'm taking Diaz in this one... I think he's learned from the mistakes he's made in his past UFC fights, and wouldn't leave it in the judges hands...

I see him TKOing Kenny, probably the in the 2nd...

As much as I like Mach, I don't think he could get past Sherk... (Sean by UD)

Diaz / Sherk II in the finals, and I see Diaz stuffing TD's, dottin him up on the feet, and actually subbing Sean in the late rounds...

Side Note: I'd really like to see a fight between BJ and Nick... I think they have comparable standup/chins, and they both have phenominal BJJ... Would be a really good fight, IMO
richieb19
11/9/07 4:41:38PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I'm taking Diaz in this one... I think he's learned from the mistakes he's made in his past UFC fights, and wouldn't leave it in the judges hands...

I see him TKOing Kenny, probably the in the 2nd...

As much as I like Mach, I don't think he could get past Sherk... (Sean by UD)

Diaz / Sherk II in the finals, and I see Diaz stuffing TD's, dottin him up on the feet, and actually subbing Sean in the late rounds...

Side Note: I'd really like to see a fight between BJ and Nick... I think they have comparable standup/chins, and they both have phenominal BJJ... Would be a really good fight, IMO

You don't remember how the first Diaz / Sherk fight went do you? Sherk made a complete fool of Diaz on the feet...
box111574
11/10/07 7:54:45PM
i think nick diaz if he could keep most of the fights standing and even if he hits the ground he has deadly submissions.
ohiostate1016
11/10/07 8:52:10PM
I picked KenFlo. He matches up well with all of these guys.
KYGUY07
11/11/07 3:32:11PM
sherk easily
CornishMMA
11/12/07 8:17:56AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Nice idea but that poll is fcked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neither Diaz nor Mach can actually make 155 to fight in it! So really its just Sherk VS Kenny and we have already seen that fight

The best UFC 4 man tourney right now would be - Sherk, BJ, Kenny, Stevenson/winner of Huerta/Guida

Does nobody else actually agree with this??????????? the way people keep answering the poll seriously is leading me to believe you actually think both Diaz and Mach could cut to 155 - well they cant! Nick has said 160 is his limit and obviously its Sakurai's limit as well as he has to go up from PRIDE's 163 to 170 elsewhere, to that poll you should of had BJ and Daddy in there tbh