Hybrid Fighter

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Hybrid Fighter
Next Page »
Mchubb316
4/26/08 12:34:18AM
If you could combine two fighter's skills to make the ulitimate hybrid fighter, who would you choose and why?

I would choose:
Big Nog
-Good chin, good recovery, world class JJ, and solid striking for a grappler
Anderson Silva
-Great striker, monster in the clinch, knees are devastating, well versed in submissions, pin point accuracy, finishes fights

What do you guys or gals think. I'm interested to hear or read what you have. Thanks in advance for any replies.
ThaAxeMurderer7
4/26/08 12:49:55AM
Big Nog and Anderson Silva would make for a freaken beast. How about Cro Cop and Dan Henderson? Mirkos kickboxing and Dans wrestling?
Pookie
4/26/08 2:08:24AM

Posted by Mchubb316

If you could combine two fighter's skills to make the ulitimate hybrid fighter, who would you choose and why?

I would choose:
Big Nog
Anderson Silva
-Great striker, monster in the clinch, knees are devastating, well versed in submissions, pin point accuracy, finishes fights

What do you guys or gals think. I'm interested to hear or read what you have. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Fedor would still beat him
Pookie
4/26/08 2:09:56AM
Bj Penn mixed with Georges St. Pierre would make the most well rounded fighter imaginable.
Mchubb316
4/26/08 2:16:27AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Mchubb316

I would choose:
Big Nog
Anderson Silva

Why you gotta punk my Hybrid fighter. lol. He might beat him but, I like my hybrid fighters chances. I need to think of a name for him.....
Pookie
4/26/08 2:55:17AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Mchubb316

I would choose:
Big Nog
Anderson Silva

Why you gotta punk my Hybrid fighter. lol. He might beat him but, I like my hybrid fighters chances. I need to think of a name for him.....

Anderson Rodrigo Nogueria Silva
jiujitsufreak74
4/26/08 3:02:56AM
Get this...i'm going to go outside of MMA for this one just to see what you guys think:

Semmy Schilt and Roger Gracie.

The best submission artist and the best K-1 fighter mixed together....now that sounds like a good MMA fighter to me

in case you didn't know, Roger Gracie won the ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship in 2005, taking first place in the 88–98kg and Open-weight categories by submitting all eight opponents—a feat that had not previously been achieved. he is also the 2007 ADCC Superfight Champion and as several Championships at the Black Belt level of CBJJ World, Pan American and European Championships.

Semmy Schilt is the best K-1 fighter at the moment. he has won 3 Grand Pris in a row and doesn't seem to be looking back. at this pace he will be the greatest K-1 fighter of all time with wins over JLB, Aerts, Hunt, Sefo, Hoost and Remy. it is his size coupled with his power that make him so great, not his skill, but the Giant is still the prime candidate for a hybrid fighter imo.

my fighter would be Gigantic, powerful, have world class striking, flexibility, superb JJ skills, a full arsenal of submissions and be comfortable on the feet and on the ground.

EDIT: Forgot the name: Remmy (pronounced Hemmy) Gracie
Pookie
4/26/08 3:25:22AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Get this...i'm going to go outside of MMA for this one just to see what you guys think:

The best submission artist and the best K-1 fighter mixed together....now that sounds like a good MMA fighter to me

in case you didn't know, Roger Gracie won the ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship in 2005, taking first place in the 88–98kg and Open-weight categories by submitting all eight opponents—a feat that had not previously been achieved. he is also the 2007 ADCC Superfight Champion and as several Championships at the Black Belt level of CBJJ World, Pan American and European Championships.

Semmy Schilt is the best K-1 fighter at the moment. he has won 3 Grand Pris in a row and doesn't seem to be looking back. at this pace he will be the greatest K-1 fighter of all time with wins over JLB, Aerts, Hunt, Sefo, Hoost and Remy. it is his size coupled with his power that make him so great, not his skill, but the Giant is still the prime candidate for a hybrid fighter imo.

my fighter would be Gigantic, powerful, have world class striking, flexibility, superb JJ skills, a full arsenal of submissions and be comfortable on the feet and on the ground.

Yeah but your guy doesnt have a chin
jiujitsufreak74
4/26/08 3:27:40AM

Posted by Pookie

what are you talking about, in all of his 31 kickboxing fights Semmy lost only 1 of them by KO, and he has faced the best K-1 has to offer. if JLB, Hoost and Aerts can't KO him, then i think he has a good chin. and besides...he is so giant that you won't be able to hit it anyway without first eating some world class strikes
Pookie
4/26/08 3:36:29AM

Posted by Pookie

what are you talking about, in all of his 31 kickboxing fights Semmy lost only 1 of them by KO, and he has faced the best K-1 has to offer. if JLB, Hoost and Aerts can't KO him, then i think he has a good chin. and besides...he is so giant that you won't be able to hit it anyway without first eating some world class strikes

...BOO!!!!!! you get booed for making more semmy schilts! BOO!!!!!!!!
jiujitsufreak74
4/26/08 4:21:41AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Pookie

...BOO!!!!!! you get booed for making more semmy schilts! BOO!!!!!!!!

Don't be jealous...
Tein_Lung
4/26/08 5:08:14AM
Sakuraba/ Wanderlai Silva enough said
Jackelope
4/26/08 5:48:10AM
How about GSP and Fedor?

Fedor's chin, ground game, mentality, and intelligence combined with GSP's natural athletic ability and wrestling skills.
Hannibal_H
4/26/08 8:34:32AM
I was about to go with Fedor and GSP.
The_Ho_Bag
4/26/08 10:44:22AM
blake bowman and richie hightower together would own anyone
rabbit915
4/26/08 12:08:25PM
Dan Henderson and Anderson Silva

You have great muai thai striking combined with that awesome right hand from henderson for your stand up. Olympic level Greco-Roman Wrestling and Silva's striking from the clinch. And then great wrestling from the top and awesome BJJ from the ground from Silva.

Unbeatable.
Pookie
4/26/08 12:12:28PM

Posted by rabbit915

Dan Henderson and Anderson Silva

You have great muai thai striking combined with that awesome right hand from henderson for your stand up. Olympic level Greco-Roman Wrestling and Silva's striking from the clinch. And then great wrestling from the top and awesome BJJ from the ground from Silva.

Unbeatable.

Yeah you may be right... unless he fights a Bj penn / Lyoto Machida Mix-up.... i think that would give him problems.
Manfred
4/26/08 12:39:56PM
Fedor and Aleks:

Cardio, intelligence, great ground + ridiculous hand speed and power
mrsmiley
4/27/08 5:07:24AM
How about this
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
bigbubbano23
4/27/08 10:49:58AM
probably bj penn for his flexibility and bjj knowledge and sean sherk for his conditioning and his ability to keep pushing forward
bigbubbano23
4/27/08 10:51:29AM
i didn't see that pic above thats great!
Jackelope
4/27/08 1:55:05PM

Posted by mrsmiley

How about this

ROFL @ Chuck's Thumb hahahaha
Manfred
4/27/08 3:37:19PM

Posted by mrsmiley

How about this

This is the 1st thing I thought of when I saw the threat title. I knew someone would dig it up. Oldie but goodie!!
hotrodttt
4/27/08 4:13:06PM
I'd go with Robert Drysdale and Melvin Manheof, ADCC Champ in Rob and an Explosive Powerful Striker in Melvin. JJFreak knows who Drysdale is
Spyderman1074
4/27/08 9:22:24PM
Chuck Gracie :)

dont even think about mocking my photoshop skills
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
mrkennedy
4/28/08 3:04:19AM
maybe rampage and gsp
jiujitsufreak74
4/28/08 4:35:26AM

Posted by hotrodttt

I'd go with Robert Drysdale and Melvin Manheof, ADCC Champ in Rob and an Explosive Powerful Striker in Melvin. JJFreak knows who Drysdale is

its funny you mention him. i was about to put him in my fighter instead of Roger Gracie but i changed my mind at the last minute. Drysdale is definitely one of the top grapplers out there right now and just won the 2007 ADCC OW defeating Garcia (who is also one of the best grapplers out there) in the finals. he also defeated Werdum in that same tournament. but, as a Roger Gracie nuthugger, i would have to say i would bet all the money i had that if Roger was in the OW tournament instead of the Superfight (which he won) he would have defeated Drysdale or Garcia in the finals.

2 great posts in a row that i read (Davis and now Drysdale)
mrsmiley
4/28/08 11:08:43PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by mrsmiley

How about this

This is the 1st thing I thought of when I saw the threat title. I knew someone would dig it up. Oldie but goodie!!

Yeah I was just waiting to get to use that one.I remember the first time I saw that pic I laughed so hard.
big_timmy
4/29/08 2:32:52AM
Leben / Ortiz

With a head that big, how could this uber-cranium lose?
casey64
4/29/08 10:14:11AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Big Nog and Anderson Silva would make for a freaken beast. How about Cro Cop and Dan Henderson? Mirkos kickboxing and Dans wrestling?

Yeah that would be awsome.
Pages: [1] 2