UFC, are they being hurt by the economy?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC, are they being hurt by the economy?
POLL: Is the UFC being hurt by the current economy
Yes 33% (9)
No 67% (18)
Amigop
11/27/08 11:01:50PM
Anyone esle notice that the ufc has cut a couple of fighters that shouldnt really have been cut. Do you think this is a sign that the ufc may be economicaly strained??
(Gurgel, Werdum, attempted entire AKA)
grappler0000
11/27/08 11:08:45PM
I think it has more to do with international expansion than anything else...and maybe a couple of people who aren't performing well while having large contracts. I think we'll be seeing more European and Asian talent over the next year and they are probably making room for it now. I don't think there is any company that's not feeling the effects of the economy, but they are one of the few businesses that are actually still seeing growth.
copcopps
11/27/08 11:40:51PM
Gurgel, NOT deserving of the axe?
Amigop
11/27/08 11:43:14PM

Posted by copcopps

No, i personaly dont think he is. his stand up wars are incredibly enertaining.

Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/28/08 12:01:00AM

Posted by Amigop

Posted by copcopps

entertaining - yes, but isn't the UFC supposed to have the BEST, not the most entertaining? I think Marvin "The Beastman" Eastman is entertaining, but he doesn't ever deserve to be back in the UFC. Same with Terry Martin, Scott Smith, Bobby Southworth and a sh*t-load of other fighters I enjoy watching.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/28/08 1:50:41AM

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

Posted by Amigop

Posted by copcopps

entertaining - yes, but isn't the UFC supposed to have the BEST, not the most entertaining? I think Marvin "The Beastman" Eastman is entertaining, but he doesn't ever deserve to be back in the UFC. Same with Terry Martin, Scott Smith, Bobby Southworth and a sh*t-load of other fighters I enjoy watching.

You enjoy watching bobby southworth? really?
DCRage
11/28/08 9:08:25AM
The "entire AKA" thing is completely unrelated to the economy. That's apparently in relation to contracts related to the upcoming video games that guys won't sign. Gurgel had a sub-.500 record, which usually means you're gone. Sokoudjou was only 1-2 himself, so those were more performance-based.
prozacnation1978
11/28/08 1:08:46PM
gurgel deserved to go sokou not
werdum not but why pay them big bucks to watch them lose
i do think the ufc should decrease the pay per view events from 45 dollars to 40 or 35 at a time like this especially when you have three of them from jan 17t to feb 17th
king_katool
11/28/08 1:59:35PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

gurgel deserved to go sokou not
werdum not but why pay them big bucks to watch them lose
i do think the ufc should decrease the pay per view events from 45 dollars to 40 or 35 at a time like this especially when you have three of them from jan 17t to feb 17th

dont worry juanez i got this one for you.....TVU