Hunt anyone????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hunt anyone????
roman
11/5/07 6:42:59AM
Where is my boy Hunt? He had a great showing against Fedor and i think i heard rumors of him going into the ufc, so where is he at? He is big trouble for anyone in a ring, or cage. The man is a true freak, he would beat Randy any day.
Mastodon2
11/5/07 7:33:33AM
I want him to go back to K-1, the Ultimate Wrestling Championships rules will really work against him, and It could take him a while to get down to weight.

I want to see him kick the rolling around and grappling and get back to just slugging it out in the ring, I think he is much more suited to that!
ohiostate1016
11/5/07 8:25:46AM

Posted by Mastodon2

I want him to go back to K-1, the Ultimate Wrestling Championships rules will really work against him, and It could take him a while to get down to weight.

I want to see him kick the rolling around and grappling and get back to just slugging it out in the ring, I think he is much more suited to that!

atlas777
11/5/07 10:00:46AM
I would rather see him go back to K-1 and bang i enjoyed K-1 more when he was there.
CornishMMA
11/5/07 10:19:44AM
Well the UFC do need more international fighters like him, he needs to lose the flab then he could make 265 easily, but i think K1 is more likely, shame really cos there are some good fights for him in the ufc
cmill21
11/5/07 12:21:39PM

Posted by Mastodon2

I agree. Both Cro Cop and himself should go back to K-1. Tired of watching great kickboxers lose by getting laid on or hugged.
loonytnt
11/5/07 1:08:18PM
CC got kicked..

and i heard something about hunt coming to the ufc but idk,id like to see him vs brock
Believe-in-judo81
11/5/07 1:38:56PM
Back to K1 please, I always enjoyed watching him there, especially before he put on weight.
cmill21
11/5/07 1:48:20PM

Posted by loonytnt

CC got kicked..

and i heard something about hunt coming to the ufc but idk,id like to see him vs brock

Laid on on the ground and hugged and kneed in the balls.
roman
11/5/07 4:48:57PM
hunt almost subbed fedor, his ground game is vastly improved, i rather see him in the ufc.
Lil-J
11/5/07 4:56:31PM
I read somewhere that Hunt is signed to a UFC contract , their working with him to see if he can cut the weight to 265.

I cant remember what press conference it was at, but it was after 74 i Believe.
Adam_Buru
11/5/07 11:40:14PM

Posted by Lil-J

I read somewhere that Hunt is signed to a UFC contract , their working with him to see if he can cut the weight to 265.

I cant remember what press conference it was at, but it was after 74 i Believe.

It was the press conference just before the UFC 75 weigh ins, I was there and heard Dana say live that they have Hunt under contract, but there are "visa problems."

I think Hunt has a criminal record back in New Zealand.
jomatty
11/6/07 8:09:30AM
too bad. how about this, hunt vs aleks for the world felon championship to be heald in japan since they cant fight in the us. now that would be an exciting fight
hathcock32
11/6/07 2:40:58PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Mastodon2

I agree. Both Cro Cop and himself should go back to K-1. Tired of watching great kickboxers lose by getting laid on or hugged.

Getting laid on is part of MMA. Thats like a kid that can hit in baseball ...but he cant catch the ball. You got to be able to have all the skills to be effective. Thats what makes MMA great. If he doesent want to get laid on get out of MMA
cmill21
11/6/07 3:59:51PM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Mastodon2

Getting laid on is part of MMA. Thats like a kid that can hit in baseball ...but he cant catch the ball. You got to be able to have all the skills to be effective. Thats what makes MMA great. If he doesent want to get laid on get out of MMA

No thats my personal view. I don't want to watch elite kickboxers getting laid on or hugged. Thats my personal opinion, and when fighters like sherk fight I ussually run and get BK since I know it'll be a 5 round lay fest and it doesn't intrest me at all.
hippysmacker
11/7/07 3:39:42AM

Posted by roman

Where is my boy Hunt? He had a great showing against Fedor and i think i heard rumors of him going into the ufc, so where is he at? He is big trouble for anyone in a ring, or cage. The man is a true freak, he would beat Randy any day.

I definitely disagree with this. I think Randy is the best he's ever been , and I would have made him the favorite over anyone but Fedor. Only Big Nog and Barnett would be 60-40 underdogs IMO. Randy's style against Nog in the UFc seems to be a winner IMO. Lets not froget Randy was beating Barnett in their first fight for a while. Still I think Barnett would be a tougher style match up than Nog for Him. As for Hunt being improved on the ground I agree, but according to Fedor's own words he was never really in trouble. I think Hunt would lose to any HVy with a good ground game under UFC rules in the cage. Against Fedor I would give Randy only a 10% chance though. I beleive Hunt is better off in Org. with rules and a ring that benefit strikers more.
prozacnation1978
11/8/07 11:57:30PM
the man is a badass can take a ass kicking like cabbage and keep coming at u.
wish he would be in the ufc if he can make weight, exciting fighter,
Mastodon2
11/9/07 6:57:27AM
I agree with what Hippysmacker is saying, at least about Hunt. No matter what Hunt tries, just like Cro Cop, he will always be an K-1 fighter dabbling in MMA. Cro Cop had a killer sprawl (where the hell did he get it from?!) but it was so good that it stopped him, for the most part, having to learn the ground game. Hunt is too big for the killer sprawl, and will never practice the ground game enough to be able to hang with the likes of Nogueira, Fedor etc on the ground. Thats exactly why I want to see him back in K-1, where he doesnt have to worry about takedowns and submissions, and he can just start hammering peoples faces with his meteor like fists!