"Human Weapon" (TV show)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » "Human Weapon" (TV show)
posterboy
7/30/07 2:33:00PM
All:

In case you haven't seen it yet, History Channel is running a really cool series called "Human Weapon." The show features a different martial arts style every week, and the two hosts learn from various instructors and fight other folks every episode. The show includes very cool moves and discussion of the science behind the various fighting styles. They already ran shows on Muay Thai and Escrima. Upcoming episodes include karate, judo, krav maga and others.

Link the home page below.

Human Weapon series
fedorwins1
7/30/07 3:00:37PM
I watched the escrima one last night and it was brutal!
Ydoc
7/30/07 3:50:20PM
I caught the Muay Thai episode. Really cool, never really payed attention to how much of it is about blocking and striking at the same time.
Rush
7/30/07 4:08:11PM
tommyprairie
7/30/07 7:57:00PM
I have watched the show. Bill Duff (the big guy) went to my high school. He was a great HS wrestler. It is great to see a show that gets into the real parts of martial arts.
danny81
7/30/07 11:32:18PM
u guys think any of the MA masters are gonna lose against one of them? im thinking mayby karate. i actually hope so because these blackbelts in karate at my school think they are so tuff. even tho they go to McDojos etc.
GTS
9/29/07 3:10:52AM

Posted by fedorwins1

I watched the escrima one last night and it was brutal!

you should watch the biography on escrima on youtube its way more brutal than the human weapon episode. they show you how to train your knuckles where you have to do one arm push ups on broken glass.
danny81
9/29/07 11:53:36AM
alright Bill duff is supposed to be a great wrestler howcome in the MMA one he couldnt take the othe guy down lol. and how did the other guy beat an undefeated MMA fighter.
fedorwins1
9/29/07 12:51:06PM

Posted by danny81

alright Bill duff is supposed to be a great wrestler howcome in the MMA one he couldnt take the othe guy down lol. and how did the other guy beat an undefeated MMA fighter.

Yeah I've noticed that Bill Duff has no wrestling what so ever and he's supposed to be a great wrestler from what I hear. The other guy is actually a pretty decent MMA fighter with a 16-4 record. Those were not MMA fights to say the least they were sparring matches.
Svartorm
9/30/07 3:44:21AM
Yeah, Chambers is no joke. My brother called me up all excited because he tapped the dude with the Twister.
argile
10/6/07 7:17:05PM
The dude tapped out 2 seconds after he let go of the sub, looked silly. who taps after they let go of a sub attempt. Didn't look like they were going full out on either fights.
madmarck
9/22/08 1:02:24PM
Fight Quest by Discovery Channel is far superior. They do way harder MA.
And get their asses beat down.
The-Don
9/22/08 8:21:03PM

Posted by madmarck

Fight Quest by Discovery Channel is far superior. They do way harder MA.
And get their asses beat down.

way to bring back a dead thread... I thought both shows were good.. does anyone know if there will be new episodes of human weapon?
madmarck
9/23/08 12:01:17PM
Pretty sure she got cancelled.
And i actually saw this thread on the main page. Didnt realize she was a year old.
The-Don
9/23/08 12:15:03PM

Posted by madmarck

Pretty sure she got cancelled.
And i actually saw this thread on the main page. Didnt realize she was a year old.

heck there are times when things are slow... I will go back to the oldest threads I can find nad see if there is something interesting and try to revive it... So its all cool