Hughes 35% (6)
Penn 65% (11)
Draw 0% (0)
hammerhead1
9/24/10 10:52:15PM
who will win ?? how ??
jae_1833
9/24/10 11:16:38PM
Hughes will lose the stand up trade offs but likely score a big yet mildly successfull takedown here and there and get a decision for it....probably because BJ will gas out in the middle of the second round.
seanfu
9/25/10 11:12:26AM

Posted by jae_1833

Hughes will lose the stand up trade offs but likely score a big yet mildly successfull takedown here and there and get a decision for it....probably because BJ will gas out in the middle of the second round.

I don see how Hughes will get the takedown. Are people forgetting Hughes's takedown ability has declined with his busted body and it took GSP forever to take Penn down?

The only person I've seen able to take BJ down readily is Edgar.
SmileR
9/25/10 1:35:39PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by jae_1833

I don see how Hughes will get the takedown. Are people forgetting Hughes's takedown ability has declined with his busted body and it took GSP forever to take Penn down?

GSP took BJ down pretty much at will. Also Hughes did pretty well against him the second time they fought.
seanfu
9/25/10 5:30:47PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by seanfu

Posted by jae_1833

GSP took BJ down pretty much at will. Also Hughes did pretty well against him the second time they fought.

GSP had to pin him against the fence and wear at him a lot each time before he took BJ down, it was a lot of effort from the division's best takedowns.

Secondly, Hughes didn't start beating BJ until BJ was injuring himself with his own offence.