MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hughes vs GSP 3
POLL: Hughes vs GSP 3 Winner?
Hughes 20% (9)
GSP 66% (29)
Wont be one 5% (2)
50/50 9% (4)
MALICE
9/23/07 5:36:30PM
If Hughes defeats Serra and takes the welterweight belt again, Who will win the Hughes vs GSP 3?
Basshandsome
9/23/07 5:51:38PM
GSP takes it in the same fashion he did in the second fight.
DJDark41
9/23/07 6:03:17PM
It all depends. Are we going to see the Matt Hughes who went on a 13 fight win streak? Or are we going to see the Matt Hughes who tried to out-strike GSP? If the old Matt Hughes truly returns, then I think Hughes will win. But if Matt Hughes fights the same as he did in the second fight, then GSP will win.
juanez13
9/23/07 6:07:22PM
i think GSP will take it, seeing how he did with Kos, he can control where the fight goes...
ocho-cinco
9/23/07 6:17:40PM
GSP will dominate when they stand. He will take Hughes down, and stuff his Take down attemps. If St. Pierre finds himself on his back, he will be fine, Hughes will inflict little damage, and Georges will scramble to his feet, or revese postions. Hughes just doesn't match up well against GSP. I think it will be closer then there last encounter, but it will still be a clear cut victory. Often Hughes relys on his supirior strength and wrestling, but St. Pierre is a very strong 170lb fighter, with amazing wrestling of his own, not to mention world class take down defence. GSP is more focused then ever right now, and I can't see him losing to Hughes ever again.
MALICE
9/23/07 6:20:48PM
I just dont know. I really want to see them fight one more time. It will be another great rubber match
Twenty20Dollars
9/23/07 10:05:08PM
GSP all the way, then Joe stevenson or Sean Sherk beats BJ penn and penn moves back up to WW and we see Penn/Hughes 3 and GSP/Penn 2. thats what I want to see.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/23/07 11:05:50PM
GSP dominates this bout from begining to end hands down. better stand up, better ground and plus he's with that new camp so he's got some heavy wrestling skills going on now. Can't wait to see him back in the octagon
JBatch
9/24/07 2:06:42PM

Posted by DJDark41

It all depends. Are we going to see the Matt Hughes who went on a 13 fight win streak? Or are we going to see the Matt Hughes who tried to out-strike GSP? If the old Matt Hughes truly returns, then I think Hughes will win. But if Matt Hughes fights the same as he did in the second fight, then GSP will win.

GSP will win. Also it was the same Matt Hughes, he just ran into the problem that everyone runs into that fights GSP, he could not take him down. With Chuck now a mere shadow of his former self GSP is the new King of Sprawl and Brawl. But the scary thing is he also has TD's and a submission game.
JWils
9/24/07 2:42:39PM
I'm going with Hughes. He has to find a way to get GSP to the mat and control him.

He has a serious chance of winning if he can keep the majority of this fight on the ground. But, obviously, if GSP stuffs his takedowns it will be a fairly quick TKO win for GSP. Hughes has to come into the fight with better cardio than GSP, wear him down on the ground and gain control later in the fight, pounding out a UD win.

I'm really hoping Hughes gets past Serra because Hughes/GSP 3 needs to happen. I know Hughes can give GSP a better fight than last time.

GSP has to be the favorite but I think Hughes can pull it out.

TNunley
9/24/07 2:50:39PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

GSP all the way, then Joe stevenson or Sean Sherk beats BJ penn and penn moves back up to WW and we see Penn/Hughes 3 and GSP/Penn 2. thats what I want to see.

I definitely would LOVE to see Penn/Hughes 3, I feel that if BJ could have had better cardio he may have been able to walk home with that one. I'm not sure how fair it would be to say Stevenson or Sherk will beat BJ. That is definitely no easy feat, and I think Stevenson and Sherk would definitely have to bring their A game. At LW Penn will be an animal. He obviously will have to be in great shape to make weight, and fans won't have to worry about if his cardio will be there.

GSP I think would still beat Penn, but it would always be close. Penn's cardio in that fight was a lot better, and GSP still won. GSP can't (IMO) be stopped by Penn. So I think either way, I see GSP with the belt no matter who stands in the way.

I can't count Serra out though. Who knows maybe it was a fluke deal over GSP, but it's hard telling. I personally would love to see Serra take the win over Hughes and see a GSP/Serra rematch. I'm personally not a Matt Hughes fan, and am anxiously awaiting when Serra meets Hughes.