No "huge" or "mind-blowing" announcement from Dana today?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » No "huge" or "mind-blowing" announcement from Dana today?
emfleek
9/2/08 1:47:01PM
Soooooo...

Dana hasn't gone on record yet to claim that he has a huge, mind-blowing announcement that will shape the world of MMA for the next 20 years.

What makes you think this Couture deal is going to happen? I'm not saying it won't but usually Dana likes to build hype around these announcements, right? The re-signing of one of the all-time great HW's in MMA history would probably fall under the "huge/mind-blowing announcement" category, I would think.

So maybe Dana's going a new route with his announcement? He's keeping his mouth shut until he actually makes the announcement. That would make more sense to me, rather than hype something that really isn't all that exciting or newsworthy to the casual fan.

Anyways...I'm just rambling. I'm still not buying into the Couture/Lesnar hype. If it happens, cool. If not, I won't be surprised. Part of me thinks that it's odd for Dana not to proclaim that he has a "big announcement" for the MMA world.

Carry on.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/2/08 2:02:29PM

Posted by emfleek

Soooooo...

Dana hasn't gone on record yet to claim that he has a huge, mind-blowing announcement that will shape the world of MMA for the next 20 years.

What makes you think this Couture deal is going to happen? I'm not saying it won't but usually Dana likes to build hype around these announcements, right? The re-signing of one of the all-time great HW's in MMA history would probably fall under the "huge/mind-blowing announcement" category, I would think.

So maybe Dana's going a new route with his announcement? He's keeping his mouth shut until he actually makes the announcement. That would make more sense to me, rather than hype something that really isn't all that exciting or newsworthy to the casual fan.

Anyways...I'm just rambling. I'm still not buying into the Couture/Lesnar hype. If it happens, cool. If not, I won't be surprised. Part of me thinks that it's odd for Dana not to proclaim that he has a "big announcement" for the MMA world.

Carry on.

maybe his announcement will be so big he wont have to blow it up.....
i dunno im just BS'ing a lil

i dont believe any fedor hype w/ the ufc, but im tempted to believe the randy stuff a lil bit
dont know what to believe but i am VERY interested, especially since randy said there was no one in the ufc left for him to fight.....i can think of a BJJ interim champ & a huge ex WWE star that, IMO, randy should fight

edit: by the way, & im guilty of one myself, this is the most threads ive seen on the HW division in a while lol....
SmileR
9/2/08 2:06:58PM
I would die laughing if he came out with a wig! I don't know why I just had a day dream that Dana was advertising a new miracle hair cream!

Anyway... I'm thinking its the Randy news.
juanez13
9/2/08 2:56:11PM
I'm thinking UFC takes elite XC's spot on CBS.
emfleek
9/2/08 2:58:17PM
Disregard this post. I didn't realize that the UFC had posted the "major announcement" headline on their main page. I thought it was all rumor.

LINK