Huerta greased?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Huerta greased?
bojangalz
8/11/08 8:47:20PM
So I was listening to Sherdog Radio (I know, I know, but stay with me here.) beatdown after the bell yesterday (Sunday) and remember TJ DeSantis mention how the ref who padded down Huerta before the fight is actually a local training partner of his. He went on to say, something about how it's probably no big deal, not like he's taking a pair of brass knuckles in there.

but then today I was listening to the Savage Dog Show and they had an interview with Kenny Florian. For those of you who want to skip the BS, it's about 1:43:00 into the program.

it goes something like this:

Sherdogers- "We hear that they may be a reason why you we're able to put him (Huerta) away.

Ken-Flo- "Yeah he's a pretty slippery guy...literally."

After another minute or so kenny trys to down play what he just said by adding something to the likes of: "No, no thats on me. i should have put him away."

Food for thought I guess. Who knows if we'll hear any more about it or not.
candynuts
8/11/08 9:25:20PM
Thats pretty interesting if true considering how Huerta's fight with Guillard went.
jiujitsufreak74
8/11/08 9:28:24PM

Posted by candynuts

Thats pretty interesting if true considering how Huerta's fight with Guillard went.

well Guillard was the one who greased in that fight
misses1112
8/11/08 9:28:27PM
i grease myself up before the fights too

what's wrong with that?
Svartorm
8/11/08 11:50:16PM
Its different if you're in your own living room.
candynuts
8/12/08 12:03:59AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well Guillard was the one who greased in that fight

Exactly, and didnt Huerta make a big deal about it to get the decision overruled by the Commission?

I dont remember when exactly Florian took his back but I think it was in the later rounds when they were sweaty and slippery (whoa.. that sounds weird)

Egh, well.. I dont feel like listening to the radio show though so Im probably over thinking the entire thing.
JohnnyNapalm
8/12/08 3:31:41AM
Accusations of greasing amongst UFC fighters isn't uncommon.

I believe Diego Sanchez was accused of greasing after the Diaz fight and Tito accused Forrest of greasing in their fight.

Hell, even big Tim admitted to letting a couple of "greasy ones" go during his fight with Ausserio.

And you have to wonder if the guy who "goosed" Herring wasn't looking to get greased later on himself.

jocka
8/12/08 9:20:54AM
personnally am someone that sweat like a big and am not kidding, am have no body hair either so i guess poeple would think that am greased up, when doing bjj its crazy the submission i can get out off just cause of the sweat but its natural.
emfleek
8/12/08 10:27:10AM

Posted by misses1112

i grease myself up before the fights too

what's wrong with that?

Exactly. However, I prefer butter.