huerta to fight on june 23

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » huerta to fight on june 23
cowcatcher
6/7/07 2:56:10PM
roger huerta sent out a myspace bulletin saying he will be fighting on the june 23rd card, he didnt name an opponent
Naturaldisaster
6/7/07 3:24:07PM
I can't wait for that, Huerta is one of the most exciting fighters the UFC has. He makes every fight he has interesting (even if it does go to decision).
Dadaman
6/7/07 10:01:53PM
awesome. i hope they really test huerta. i know the ufc wants to build him up but id really love to see him get tested, just to see where he stands.

its a shame melvin's out, otherwise they coulda rematched. it would have been nuts.
The_Metal_Maniac
6/7/07 11:46:52PM
Lenard Garcia is fighting on that card as well. Huerta is an entertaining fighter, I wouldn't even mind seeing a rematch with Garcia. He'll probably end up fighting some stepping stone.
Naturaldisaster
6/7/07 11:50:07PM
I would love to see huerta/garcia II. in my opinion their fight was the best fight so far this year
The_Metal_Maniac
6/7/07 11:53:35PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I would love to see huerta/garcia II. in my opinion their fight was the best fight so far this year

Totally agree
hughesfan1
6/8/07 9:28:14PM

Posted by roncomanjason

Totally agree

awsome match !!!
fedorwins1
6/8/07 9:46:22PM
I really hope no one is complaining about this card, it is way better than 72! It's also FREE
MisFiT
6/8/07 10:06:05PM
Always an exciting fighter to watch, his Fight with Garcia was legendary.
jdubs
6/8/07 10:17:34PM

Posted by roncomanjason

Totally agree

why, u already saw him beat him. this aint pride, the man wants to fight the best and be a contender for the belt
The_Metal_Maniac
6/9/07 5:00:40PM

Posted by jdubs

Posted by roncomanjason

Totally agree

why, u already saw him beat him. this aint pride, the man wants to fight the best and be a contender for the belt

Because it would be much more entertaining to watch a rematch of a great fight then to watch Huerta beat down some bum in 38 seconds of the first round. Garcia nor Huerta will be fighting a top contender on this card, and whomever there fighting won't get them great recognition. I just think it would be a good fight to watch again..
loller90278
6/9/07 5:03:42PM
that fight was NOT foty material.. i thought it was rather boring tbh
Naturaldisaster
6/9/07 9:45:44PM

Posted by loller90278

boring? really? I thought the fight was awesome. they went at it non stop. they both tested each others chins (we found out both have Jaws of steel). it was a 15 minute war. I loved it because there was no Laying on someone for 5 minutes or stalling. It was just balls to the wall.
fedorwins1
6/9/07 9:55:42PM

Posted by loller90278

What do you think is fight of the year material then? This fight was an absolute war!
iwannabesedated
6/10/07 5:58:28PM

Posted by jdubs

Posted by roncomanjason

Totally agree

I thought it was an awesome fight...and Garcia took the fight on short notice he filled in for someone..so who knows if he wouldve had more time to train the fight couldve went the other way...you never know..Im not sayin rematch anytime soon but sometime in the future.
KYGUY07
6/10/07 10:13:06PM
I think Huerta vs Garcia was definetely fight of the year so far.