Huerta's Next Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Huerta's Next Fight
xchickox
5/15/07 10:37:05AM
after two amazing performances from him i cant wait to see him again

anyone got any idea when his next fight will be?

he's gotta be quite high in the lightweight rankings
Mastodon2
5/15/07 10:54:27AM
I dont know who he is going to fight yet, and I wouldnt like to make a guess either. I suppose he must be quite high up the rankings, so he could conceivably get a shot at the loser of Franca vs Sherk, but I dont think he could take either of them yet, he is still to wild, he needs to get focus in his fighting, and that is something you are born with, or can only gain through experience.

I know Pulver vs Penn is still quite a way off yet, but if BJ won that then I think Huerta could take out Pulver too. If he came up against Penn, I dont think he could stop him though, Penn is too slick and focused.
Stickan
5/15/07 11:03:27AM
I'm more curious over who Frankie Edgar´s next opponent will be and when he will be fighting.
fedorwins1
5/15/07 1:20:41PM

Posted by Stickan

I'm more curious over who Frankie Edgar´s next opponent will be and when he will be fighting.

Frank Edgar is awesome and young, so is Roger Huerta...hmmm I think I see an awesome match brewing here......
shackle
5/15/07 1:26:57PM
I thought that Huerta's fight was more exciting, but he wasn't fighting no tyson though.

Edgars fight was great, but I just didn't think it was quite as good as huerta's fight(one a excitement stand point at least), but Edgar maybe better talent wise maybe we will see. They both looked great. Edgar seemed to have the bigger challenge with tyson, but I could be wrong.

Posted by Stickan

the-james
5/15/07 6:03:37PM
Huerta vs Edgar

Joe Silva make it Happen!
Trapt1nw0nder
5/15/07 9:56:28PM
I wonder why we haven't seen Frankie Edgar....he's not even on any of the upcoming card...at least yet.........i was thinking..could he of possibly really messed up his knee with that knee bar Tyson got on him on that fight and is out due to injury?

Edgar/Huerta would be a war,but i think Edgar would take it with his wrestling
raindrops21
5/15/07 10:18:04PM
I would definitely love to see Huerta and Edgar!! I don't think I could venture to make a pick though, I would simply sit back and enjoy what could be one of the most exciting fights in a long time. At least hope to see them back in action soon.
Lay_N_Pray
5/15/07 11:37:20PM
I wouldnt match Edgar with Huerta quite yet as they are both still being built up. I would put Huerta against Florian and Edgar against Fisher or Pelligrino
xthe_scottx
5/15/07 11:46:23PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

I wouldnt match Edgar with Huerta quite yet as they are both still being built up. I would put Huerta against Florian and Edgar against Fisher or Pelligrino

Well, Florian is fighting Alvin Robinson at UFC 73, Fisher is fighting Stout at UFN 10, and Pellegrino is fighting Stevenson at UFC 74 so really these two can only be matched against each other or newcomers. I agree that these two fighting wouldn't be the smartest choice business-wise since they are both still somewhat unknown but I can't deny it, I want to see this fight really badly.
Damien6663
5/16/07 5:07:32PM
I think franky edgar is a better prospect. I see huerta as a good but never great fighter, has a ton of heart and conditioning but does not have the skillset to be a true contender.

Edgar could be a really solid fighter, and do not forget Tyson Griffin either he is another up and commer.
raindrops21
5/16/07 11:39:09PM
I'm looking forward to Tyson's next fight. He's taking on Clayton Guida who has a huge upset win over Josh "The Punk" Thompson. Going to be an interesting match-up to say the least.
xchickox
5/17/07 11:04:42AM
thanks for any info given

the lightweight division just seems to be getting better and better all the time