Huerta desperate for Florian rematch, may change trainers

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Huerta desperate for Florian rematch, may change trainers
Wolfenstein
9/15/08 9:58:55PM
Roger Huerta is desperate to get a rematch with Kenny Florian, who handed him his first loss at UFC 87 last month – and he may enlist new trainers to help him get his revenge.

Speaking exclusively to Fighters Only, the lightweight star said it has been difficult for him to get to grips with the emotional demons that the fight left him with.

"After the fight I was confused and in shock. I kept thinking it was a bad dream and after three days the loss really hit me hard, so hard that I had to go back to Rio Grande Valley to be around family and friends,” he revealed.

Going back home helped him put the loss into perspective: β€œIt made me realise that the loss was just a bump and a further challenge and that there are bigger meanings in life than just fighting.

link
Khaos
9/15/08 10:01:08PM
I think a rematch between the two would go the same way, hell I think Florian would finish him this time.
haggiswashere
9/15/08 11:17:07PM
i hate fighters who make excuses all the time. completely disrespectful
saemskin
9/15/08 11:17:15PM

Of course he's desperate for a rematch! Who else is he going to fight in the LW division that is going to push him a step closer to a title shot?
Joe Stevenson is the only one I can think of and I don't see him lasting long against Stevensons superb ground game.
Anyone else?
I thinkl Gray Maynard would beat him, as well as Matt Wiman after that convincing and strong victory over Tavares. Sean Sherk would take him down and dismantle him.

I know!!!

J-Lau. I think that after losing to Florian these two dudes need to hook up and go at it. THAT is a fight I want to see.
Twenty20Dollars
9/16/08 12:06:09AM
maybe a rematch down the line but not right away.
MMAcca
9/16/08 1:00:13AM

Posted by saemskin

J-Lau. I think that after losing to Florian these two dudes need to hook up and go at it. THAT is a fight I want to see.

I definately like the sound fo that
ocho-cinco
9/16/08 1:34:22AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by saemskin

Spencer Fisher would be dope too.
haggiswashere
9/16/08 1:43:54AM

Posted by ocho-cinco

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by saemskin

Spencer Fisher would be dope too.

spencer fisher would be tight