Hows Your NBA team Doing Now Sucka?!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hows Your NBA team Doing Now Sucka?!
bullettdodger
5/17/08 1:38:13PM
Hows your NBA teams doing if they made it to the post season... Have they tasted defeat already or is there still hope. Upsets in the making? Who do you think will be raising that trophy at the end of it all? I, for one, have to go with my Lakers to take it all, it may be blind devotion... but i feel like we have a great squad. Troubles are ahead but i am delighted that we have gotten past Utah when they had home court advantage, something that has been tough for almost any team this post season thus far. So how are your teams doing?
george112
5/17/08 2:00:19PM
The Houston Rockets have failed to deliver again

Partly because of the absence of Yao, but mostly because of the waning desire to play by Tracy McGrady

Tracy still has flashes of his old self but only in games when his team is facing elimination

I see the Cavs with a huge upset of the Celtics

but i see San Antonio taking it all
Jackelope
5/17/08 2:35:41PM
I'm a Suns fan. Yeah, yeah, yeah.. go ahead.. laugh at me! Fricken chokers!
bullettdodger
5/17/08 2:38:22PM

Posted by Jackelope

acquiring shaq was the worst move they could make, thats why the coach wants out imo... he is too slow for a fast team like the suns and i've also felt that he was just plain too old... for the past two to three years now.. i mean granted he did take a championship ring and shove it in my face the first year.... but what ever.
loller90278
5/17/08 2:43:26PM
lakers are in the finals now, but im worried if spurs beat the hornets today that they are able to dismount lakers as well in a 7 game series. Duncan vs Gasol would be an amazing match up though. On the other hand, i really (really) like chris paul, i hope his teamates can play better than they did in game 6. david west really needs to step up this game and go off.
Copenhagen
5/17/08 3:20:35PM
Hornets are tied now.
gartface
5/18/08 12:51:06AM
Can't wait for Monday! Draft Lottery! 1.0% chance for the first pick thanks to the worst GM in Basketball Larry Legend!

Man I miss Reggie and Rik.
SpiderSilva
5/18/08 12:51:33AM
Well Im a Nuggets fan and they never make it out of the first round they never win do to the players on their team our star have no heart sure we have Iverson and hes all heart BUT HE DOES NOT PASS and when Melo gets the ball HE DOES NOT PASS so by the time another member of the team gets the ball they shoot in fear of not getting a chance to shoot again. Also the coach doesn't have any plays and its the truth they just freelance and if anyone hasnt notice JR Smith is starting to devlope into a pretty good player so watch out next year we might win 2 game in the first round.

And the Spurs will beat NO in a blowout and shut down either the Lakers or the Jazz and the way the Celtics are playing they wont beat the Pistons so a Spurs/Pistons final is good for me

Spurs Back to Back Tim Duncon is a top 5 greatest player of all time thats what 5 titles if they win with a chanse of at least 3 more by the time he retires. If you don't beleive this then whatever
hippysmacker
5/18/08 2:55:43AM

Posted by gartface

Can't wait for Monday! Draft Lottery! 1.0% chance for the first pick thanks to the worst GM in Basketball Larry Legend!

I feel ya bro. been a clippers fan for 30 years now. Draft lottery is usually when I start to have misguided hope for next year.
bullettdodger
5/18/08 3:10:15AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by gartface

I feel ya bro. been a clippers fan for 30 years now. Draft lottery is usually when I start to have misguided hope for next year.

so you're with billy crystal then huh... well i dunno man i haven't had any hope for the clippers since they traded odom
hippysmacker
5/18/08 6:54:39AM
I actually thought we were turning it around 2 tears ago, but Livingston went down, Brand went down, and Cassel deteriorated quickly. It's always something with the Clips.
Jackelope
5/18/08 2:04:08PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by Jackelope

acquiring shaq was the worst move they could make, thats why the coach wants out imo... he is too slow for a fast team like the suns and i've also felt that he was just plain too old... for the past two to three years now.. i mean granted he did take a championship ring and shove it in my face the first year.... but what ever.

I don't think acquiring shaq was the worst thing. I think the way D'Antoni implemented Shaq into the gameplan was the worst thing. This is how it should have went down-

Bring Shaq in for the first quarter to win the tip, get some early rebounds and open up Amare Stoudemire to score some heavy points. Once you're out of the 1st quarter with about a 10 point lead (which the Suns consistently had against the Spurs early on in the games) you take Shaq out. Then, you rotate in your bench guys to center(whom D'Antoni never really used properly) like Mike Skinner, who was a STARTER for several years and really isn't a bad player. When Skinner isn't in you use Amare to cover the center and move Boris Diaw over to Amare's old spot. You ride this out for the 2nd and 3rd quarter relying mostly on a run and gun offense (like the suns have been successful in the past with) but eventually that lead will dwindle off. So early in the 4th quarter you bring Shaq back in and go for an early 4th quarter run to create a gap in the points again. The opposing team will hack-a-shaq towards the end of the 4th, so you take Amare back to center, move Boris Diaw into PF, and ride out the rest of the game on your #1 team in the league in FT%

gartface
5/18/08 3:25:37PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I actually thought we were turning it around 2 tears ago, but Livingston went down, Brand went down, and Cassel deteriorated quickly. It's always something with the Clips.

Al Thornton looks promising, as well as Paul Davis. If Shaun Livingston can get back to where he was before he blew his knees out, you guys will be fine. Also get rid of Cutino Mobley, one of the biggest ball hogs in the NBA.
george112
5/18/08 6:46:30PM
ok the cavs just lost to the celtics

ok now i kno that lebron had ALOT of points i think 45.BUT.when yur down by 3 with 26 seconds left PASS the freaking ball.

lebron took the ugliest shot with about 26 seconds left with a defender who was playing good D on him, off balance and didnt even come close to making it.well the celtics get the rebound of course and waste precious seconds off the clock while lebron pouts at the ref like he got fouled

sometimes superstars are to selfish.they take it upon themselves to win a game eventhough they are not even open for a shot.they get "big heads" because they have alot of points

another example of this is when kobe bryant does the same thing

yur just yelling at the tv "PASS THE BALL WEST IS WIDE OPEN"

but on a lighter note Lebron had and awesome game and he'll be back next year
The_Ho_Bag
5/18/08 8:08:11PM
Hornets all day man =]

i cant stand the celtics bleh they cant win away for squat it makes me luagh how they are favorite when they cant win away
Trapt1nw0nder
5/19/08 8:08:01AM
I still hope,and have faith that my San Antonio Spurs will beat the Hornets,but damn it's tough to beat them at home....those Hornets fans are so loud and so disrespectful...they keep booing everytime the Spurs have the ball.I think the booing really pisses Manu off and gets him off his game..he doesnt play well when he's upset.

I gotta give it to the Hornets though.If they beat my Spurs,I see them taking it all the way,and i would love for them to take it as well. West's fade away shot is unstoppable,and he hardly misses,and Chris Paul is a handful with his assists and layups....

Anyways...I really hope the Spurs pull it off..I really think Spurs/Lakers would be much more exciting than with the hornets...I also agree that a Duncan/Gasol matchup would kick ass...

And the Celtics are done...Pistons in 6

If Spurs win.....Spurs over Lakers in 6
If Hornets win..Hornets over Lakers in 7

however it goes....West beats East in 5-6

GO SPURS!!!
pv3Hpv3p
5/19/08 10:42:06AM
Well, I live in MN so I guess that makes me a Timberwolves fan myself... And they're not very good... Decent young team, hopefully we can get lucky in the draft and start to build a real franchise, but the more I say it, the more it sounds like wishful thinking...

I'm going to go with the underdog's here though... So I'd like to see the Hornets win it... Chris Paul's one of my favorite platers right now..
DCRage
5/19/08 10:43:26AM
I want New Orleans to win if just to make those writers who voted Kobe for MVP rethink that (I thought Paul should've won) but I think it'll be Boston. They can't win on the road but given their record they at least get home court, which means 4 home games to 3 road games. Adds up.
RampageOwnedYou
5/19/08 7:37:31PM
TORONTO RAPTORS Junkie right here.
And yet another season down the drains. Bargani better step up next year.

I predict T.J Ford traded for with current draft pick for higher pick...or Ford and bench player for Rebound help.

Either way, I want to see some big time changes, or i think it will be another dissapointing year.