Houston Alexander ( Zzzzzz )

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Houston Alexander ( Zzzzzz )
DustinT
11/12/07 7:34:20PM
Call me crazy if you want, but i'm liking the odds on this and plan on taking Thiago Silva for a friendly payout.

i think i'm one of the few that haven't jumped on the Alexander bandwagon. I still haven't seen enough outta the guy....just looks too one dimensional to me. Granted, he does have brut power but I'm crossin' my fingers for Silva to TKO him ( in the second? )

he wins this fight = i'll pay my respects.

and my tab.

.....carry on.
Mayhem13
11/12/07 7:44:26PM
I put a little bit of cash on Silva, but I still think Houston will win this fight, I think there is more to him then we have seen so far....he just hasnt needed to show it..

I did put a nice amount of cash on Rinehart to beat J-lo though....
DustinT
11/12/07 8:40:15PM

Posted by Mayhem13

I put a little bit of cash on Silva, but I still think Houston will win this fight, I think there is more to him then we have seen so far....he just hasnt needed to show it..

possible......still think he's a one trick pony. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if he proves me otherwise. Silva's no joke though.

....and hell, with the odds on j-lau and Reinhardt, you kinda have to throw a lil somthin' on Jason for a win. ( if you have it around )
kevietre
11/12/07 9:08:38PM
When Sakara took him down he just threw him off and got right back to his feet. I think he's one of those fighters who is a master of sprawlin and brawlin. As long as he can keep the fight standing I think he has more power than Silva and is a more technical striker. When Silva faught his last fight he gassed and looked sloppy.
wolfman
11/13/07 4:12:45PM

Posted by kevietre

When Sakara took him down he just threw him off and got right back to his feet. I think he's one of those fighters who is a master of sprawlin and brawlin. As long as he can keep the fight standing I think he has more power than Silva and is a more technical striker. When Silva faught his last fight he gassed and looked sloppy.

I think the only way Silva wins is if he somehow gets Houston down and is able to submit him. Yet, I don't see that happening. Houston is going to KO Silva in the first round. Silva is going to be exposed, not the other way around. Silva has beat a bunch of nobodies, and he has two wins by TKO injury. He got rocked by James Irvin and then unfortunately Irvin injured his knee...
DustinT
11/13/07 7:38:30PM

Posted by Mayhem13

I just checked into Reinhardt a lil' more.

don't let the 18-0 record fool u.
not a bad fighter.....but terrible matchups since the beginning.
Ordep
11/15/07 12:41:58AM
Thiago win this one...
CornishMMA
11/16/07 12:32:17PM

Posted by Ordep

Thiago win this one...

BUT

By TKO or by SUB?????????????????

Im having real trouble deciding on this!!!!!!!!!!!
DustinT
11/16/07 6:11:34PM
same thing here.....haven't decided yet.
it's the only thing i'm hesitant on.
dunno why it fustrates me so much. it's not like i have money on it.....
DustinT
11/18/07 1:07:35PM