Houston Alexander....WOW

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Houston Alexander....WOW
Next Page »
the-james
5/27/07 1:30:33AM
The guy got rocked early and then absolutly took it to Jardine, he must have drop him three or four times before putting him out cold and on his face with that last uppercut, i was shocked and amazed by this guy. This shook up the LHW division quite a bit.

What do you think?
DoTheMMAth
5/27/07 1:31:54AM
Fairly shocked as well.... some of his shots looked like they physically relocated Jardine's posture... GG HA, you may kick some serious ass to come
unclephish
5/27/07 1:36:37AM
I think it looked like he landed an illegal knee right before the last punch that completely put Jardine out, not that it mattered but i just think it looked that way.
the-james
5/27/07 1:40:09AM

Posted by unclephish

I think it looked like he landed an illegal knee right before the last punch that completely put Jardine out, not that it mattered but i just think it looked that way.

In the replay you could see that the knee hit him in the chest so it wasnt illegal, it didnt matter any Jardine was far gone before that.
JWest12
5/27/07 1:48:14AM
I agree it definetly was an illegal knee, but ya i dont think it would have mattered at all. Alexander was crazy though i was surprised after he was rocked like that. I never really have been to impressed by Jardine though.
crocop901
5/27/07 1:58:13AM

Posted by unclephish

He layed Jardine out a couple times before the knee so the wasent the factor for the win and the knee hit the chest of jardine which is compliently legal
unclephish
5/27/07 2:05:57AM
i agree that the knee had no bearing at all on the outcome, but i still think from the angle's shown it looked debatable.
Svartorm
5/27/07 2:45:21AM
Not only was the knee to the chest, but techincally Jardine wasn't down either. He wasn't on a knee and both his hands were up.
ManBeast
5/27/07 3:07:16AM
Jardine was acting stupid with his hands way out and his face wide open.... seriously did he not get the memo that 07' is the year that anything can happen?
roadking95th
5/27/07 3:28:48AM
It was a good win for Houston, but an embarASSment for him in the way he acted after the stoppage.
Believe-in-judo81
5/27/07 3:52:16AM
Great comeback win by Houston, I'm in the St. Louis Area and I knew he was a tough guy but I didn't expect a win given the rust he had going into this fight. Congrats to him and his team, but I really hope he composes himself and show more due respect next time out.
ButterBalls
5/27/07 4:03:32AM
Houston was a beast tonight. Never again will I bet against a man from East St. Louis. I've been there before....it makes Gary, Indiana look like Manaco.
Northrend
5/27/07 4:35:34AM
I am not a big fan of Jardine so Alexander KO'ing him was just awesome.
cowcatcher
5/27/07 6:04:20AM

Posted by butterballs

Houston was a beast tonight. Never again will I bet against a man from East St. Louis. I've been there before....it makes Gary, Indiana look like Manaco.

Brilliant, ive been to both and i have a new respect for ESL what a KO, twice lifted off his feet with uppercuts
Manfred
5/27/07 6:39:01AM
Every uppercut seemed to buckle him or lift him up!
cowcatcher
5/27/07 7:03:04AM
everyone jumped on jardine after he beat forrest but heres the thing.........jardine is/has always been a gatekeeper and we've seen him prove it. HA stinks but he stilll is worth something because he made Jardine look like crap. ive never seen a guy get lifted twice on uppercuts but this is a new day. the always upset UFC never stops,,,,this is why i cant help but say I LOVE THIS GAME(best sport ever)
Sheddy
5/27/07 8:34:42AM
Looks like we have a new opponent for Bisping.
Trapt1nw0nder
5/27/07 9:41:52AM
How good would a fight between Houston Alexander vs Drew McFedries be?

That would be fight of the night fight there....I would pick Drew to win that war!

Alexander looked good when they clinched up,but when they were on their feet striking he didnt look like he had good footwork
JBatch
5/27/07 9:45:45AM
OK man thank you no one at the bar thought those UC's were lifting him but damn were they ever powerful. And to whoever said he needs to show more class I completely agree that was a disgusting display afterwards. Very impressive win and power just needs to work on the attitude.
the-james
5/27/07 2:17:44PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

How good would a fight between Houston Alexander vs Drew McFedries be?

That would be fight of the night fight there....I would pick Drew to win that war!

Alexander looked good when they clinched up,but when they were on their feet striking he didnt look like he had good footwork

Mcfedries fights at 185 now soit probably wont happen, but it would be awesome
SteedTheDeed
5/27/07 4:33:17PM
that was a a sweet fight
the-james
5/27/07 4:47:07PM

Posted by JWest12

I agree it definetly was an illegal knee, .

You can see it hit him in the soulder in this pic
hughesfan1
5/27/07 4:47:50PM
a few more fights he could be a very good fighter , more work on his standup and keep working on his clinch. his attitude really does suck big time.
MMA
5/27/07 7:30:45PM
What the hell was up with Jardine's stance ...
richieb19
5/27/07 7:36:14PM
Very bad stoppage on the refs part... same goes for the Saliverry fight...
Ydoc
5/27/07 8:16:27PM

Posted by MMA

What the hell was up with Jardine's stance ...

Weird to see everyone talk about his stance, ever fight I've seen him in he does that. It's the same stance a kitten makes if you put a toy above it for it to bat around. I've seen Diaz use it before too. Looks real stupid.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
the-james
5/27/07 11:03:50PM

Posted by richieb19

Very bad stoppage on the refs part... same goes for the Saliverry fight...

BAd stoppage?!!!??!!! what!!! he was out cold on his face with his mouthguard flying across the cage. HE was dropped three times before this too. It Was far from a bad stoppage come on!
Svartorm
5/27/07 11:24:18PM
He could mean "bad stoppage" in the sense that it was too late. Jardine was getting juggled there for awhile, although I think they let it go just long enough.
rameydl8
5/28/07 3:03:53AM
jardine needs to go lay down and hide....he got mangled by a first time ufc fighter.that was the worst defense i have ever seen. u dont hold on to the back of some ones head when ur eating shots....
the-james
5/28/07 1:44:35PM

Posted by Svartorm

He could mean "bad stoppage" in the sense that it was too late. Jardine was getting juggled there for awhile, although I think they let it go just long enough.

\

Good point,, but he did compare it to the salaverry stoppage which if anything was early.
Pages: [1] 2