Houston Alexander Must Win in Order to Keep His Job

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Houston Alexander Must Win in Order to Keep His Job
MMAcca
9/16/08 11:37:44PM

It's rare for Dana White to come out and make it clear that a fighter will get cut if he loses, but he comes out and says it today to Kevin Iole:

UFC president Dana White, who isn’t shy about releasing a fighter, was adamant that Alexander needs to turn things around.

“There’s no doubt about that,” White said. “He needs a way. He desperately needs a win. Another loss and he’s going to have to go out and start working his way back up to the UFC.”

I think a lot of people suspected this, and it shows that even though the guy just signed a 5 fight contract, he still needs to win. The UFC is very high on him if he can get a few wins, because he is popular and explosive. If he gets a big KO or two they will really get behind him.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
9/16/08 11:50:23PM
Dana has done that to guys lets them go get a few wins on smaller orgs and then bring them back.

This is just odd though for dana to say this about alexander when he is only 2-2 and just signed like a 5 fight contract.
MMAcca
9/16/08 11:57:11PM
The fighter's contract just gets put on hold until he gets those couple of wins.
prozacnation1978
9/17/08 2:14:31AM
i agree 3 losses in a row two already in dominant fashion is not good
he needs to start training all aspects of his game
Aether
9/17/08 5:18:50AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Dana has done that to guys lets them go get a few wins on smaller orgs and then bring them back.

This is just odd though for dana to say this about alexander when he is only 2-2 and just signed like a 5 fight contract.

It's not all that odd if you consider that his 2 losses are back to back and in devastating fashion. His last loss was the fastest fight in the history of the UFC. That's a bad record to set when you're on the losing end and heading into a potentially 3 fight losing streak. If his last 2 fights had been more competitive I don't think Dana would be saying this, even if he did lose them both.
stock
9/17/08 7:38:01AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

That's what he did for Schafer.
He lost back to back to Bisping & Bonner after looking impressive in his UFC debut.
He was let go, but then brought back after getting 2 wins in a smaller organization.
metaray
10/12/08 2:22:16PM
Getting out of the UFC would probably be the best thing for Houston. He needs time to work on his non-existant ground game
emfleek
10/13/08 10:10:09AM
At this point, they could match Houston up with a mayonaisse jar and I would pick the mayonaisse jar via R1 Submission.

Never again will I pick him. Ever. Ever. Ever.