Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin, Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo Added to UFC Fight Night 13

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin, Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo Added to UFC Fight Night 13
nickcuc547
1/29/08 3:19:47PM
A Houston Alexander (8-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) vs. James Irvin (13-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC) fight originally expected to take place at a March 8 event in England has instead been added to the UFC Fight Night 13 televised card; additionally, a lightweight battle between Clay Guida (22-9 MMA, 2-3 UFC) and UFC newcomer Samy Schiavo (10-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will also take place at the event.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/01/29/houston-alexander-vs-james-irvin-clay-guida-vs-samy-schiavo-added-to-ufc-fight-night-13/
nickcuc547
1/29/08 3:22:04PM
this card is ridiculous for a ufn, we got about 6 or 7 main card calibur fights. i really hope guida and houston are on the main card but ken flo lauzon, bonnar hammil, karo alves are already on, and id assume fisher vs. auerellio is also so i don tknow.
emfleek
1/29/08 3:27:21PM
Bad. Ass.
grappler0000
1/29/08 3:40:59PM
Holy stacked Fight Night, Batman!
loonytnt
1/29/08 4:34:10PM
this is going be sick
krthll1
1/29/08 4:41:30PM
I feel guilty getting to watch all these fights for free. I might send Dana White a $40 check just for good measure.
Vietnamese_Guy
1/29/08 4:50:55PM

Posted by krthll1

I feel guilty getting to watch all these fights for free. I might send Dana White a $40 check just for good measure.

nevermind the fact that they reep in massive amounts of revenue from attendance and spike. Also, i doubt any of these fighters are paid more than 100k
kevietre
1/29/08 5:03:34PM
If this card had a title fight it could easily be a ppv.

Houston vs. Irvin should def. be on the main card. That could be a main event for a fight night!

Every fight looks good.
DCRage
1/29/08 5:09:19PM
And I thought the TUF 6 Finale was something. What a way to return to where it all began!
quezocrema0032
1/29/08 5:35:35PM
Im acctually upset that they have this many good fights on a fight night cuz we only get 2 see 4 of them ... imma be missing out on the rest of them :(
bullettdodger
1/29/08 5:37:58PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

Im acctually upset that they have this many good fights on a fight night cuz we only get 2 see 4 of them ... imma be missing out on the rest of them :(

Lucky we have members who subscribe to UFC on demand and will probably upload the fights not air'd on here, Thanks again for that fellas!
Kracker_Jap
1/29/08 6:33:01PM
I love the UFC more bad ass fights for free
NatedawgThaM
1/29/08 8:05:05PM
Hopefully Houston vs James is on the main card!!!

That's an automatic 1st round KO and Dana loves that!!!

Dana should just say screw it and air all the fights in a 3-4 hour time slots. DO IT!!! This looks to be one of the best nights ever!!!
SpiderSilva
1/29/08 8:12:40PM
F*CK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got seats like five rows to the fron and right next to the fighter entrance
This night is gonna be great Im gonna make a sign that says MMAPLAYGROUND to say whats up to all my online homies
CornishMMA
1/30/08 6:52:08AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Hopefully Houston vs James is on the main card!!!

That's an automatic 1st round KO and Dana loves that!!!

Dana should just say screw it and air all the fights in a 3-4 hour time slots. DO IT!!! This looks to be one of the best nights ever!!!

Sadly theres no chance of them extending this one as its the lead in event for TUF7

The Houston fight will be main card so thats Clay Guida getting relegated to the prelims after his last fight being the main event = thats messed up!

Fisher VS Aurelio, Edgars fight, and other good ones will all be prelims as well

This seems really wastefull, check the thread for it to see full card
twoguns365
1/30/08 11:31:00AM

Posted by quezocrema0032

Which makes me wonder, has there ever been plans to release the UFNs on dvd? Anybody heard anything???
XMicsR4SwingingX
1/30/08 12:23:26PM
Best. Fight Night. Ever.

Ever.
prozacnation1978
1/30/08 12:26:28PM
true i would love to own some ufn of dvd or at least a best of fight night dvd
it's sad they will not be able to watch some of these fights, and no i am not shelling out any more money to the ufc the fightclub membership which is 70 bucks a year is enough and i am only a member so i can get priority seating at the events before they become public. anyways good fights a shame they couldn't put out another pay perview for free to show these fights from this one as well as ufc 82. but at least when 82 comes out on dvd i can see the prelims. i wouldn't be surprised if the edgar bout gets moved to april or even may as well as bisping fight and ed herman's. i think one of them will take place in canada, but they should have threw the bisping fight on fight night and added the alexander fight to the canada card they deserve a 10 card bout event
jrmmaclassics
1/30/08 2:59:25PM
Bad break for these fighters who thought they might get paid a little more for there fights and get seen by more people. I also love the fact that I can watch these fights without having to reach in my pocket and support the Dana White getting richer fund.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2