Houston Alexander couldn’t hear at UFC Fight Night 15

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Houston Alexander couldn’t hear at UFC Fight Night 15
MMAcca
9/18/08 1:41:18PM
“The crowd was so loud that I couldn’t hear my corner. If I heard them and knew, you know, there are 10 seconds left, five seconds left, whatever, I would have tried to hung in there a little longer and survived. But it was so loud and these people were supporting me so much, I couldn’t hear and I had to tap.”

– Houston Alexander tells Yahoo!Sports.com that if he knew how much time was left in the first round (seven seconds) he perhaps would have tried to last until the bell rather than tap because of an Eric Schafer arm triangle at UFC Fight Night 15: “Diaz vs. Neer” last night. Alexander is from Nebraska and had his hometown crowd vociferously rooting him on until the waning seconds of the opening frame. The loss is Alexander’s third straight, pushing his record inside the Octagon below .500 (2-3).

LINK
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/18/08 1:43:03PM

Posted by MMAcca

“The crowd was so loud that I couldn’t hear my corner. If I heard them and knew, you know, there are 10 seconds left, five seconds left, whatever, I would have tried to hung in there a little longer and survived. But it was so loud and these people were supporting me so much, I couldn’t hear and I had to tap.”

– Houston Alexander tells Yahoo!Sports.com that if he knew how much time was left in the first round (seven seconds) he perhaps would have tried to last until the bell rather than tap because of an Eric Schafer arm triangle at UFC Fight Night 15: “Diaz vs. Neer” last night. Alexander is from Nebraska and had his hometown crowd vociferously rooting him on until the waning seconds of the opening frame. The loss is Alexander’s third straight, pushing his record inside the Octagon below .500 (2-3).

LINK

sorry, not good enough for me
MMAcca
9/18/08 1:54:05PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

The post, or the excuse ?

If it's the excuse, i 100% agree.
Ordep
9/18/08 1:55:47PM
excuses, your ground game sucks and haven't done anything to improve it, period.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/18/08 2:17:02PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

The post, or the excuse ?

If it's the excuse, i 100% agree.

lol def the excuse
nothin wrong w/ the post at all

& maybe im lookin too much into this but if he couldve lasted longer, why didnt he?
someone tellin me that if he'd known he only had 10 seconds left he wouldnt ahve tapped kinda tell me that he quit early & didnt leave it all in the octagon......i dont want fighters liek that takin up my free fight night slots!
Twenty20Dollars
9/18/08 2:20:16PM
shit he should be trying to survive no matter how much time is left in the round, but it's over now and I guess he is on his way out to try and get some more wins.
iwannabesedated
9/18/08 2:23:26PM
Didn't Red Schafer say after the fight that her heard Houstons corner yell 1 minute left.I know hes talking about the last 10 seconds but
MMAcca
9/18/08 2:30:06PM

but if he couldve lasted longer, why didnt he?
someone tellin me that if he'd known he only had 10 seconds left he wouldnt ahve tapped kinda tell me that he quit early & didnt leave it all in the octagon......i dont want fighters liek that takin up my free fight night slots!

ncordless
9/18/08 4:07:52PM
What would he have done? Continue those worthless punches instead of defending the arm triangle? He would have been asleep in 10 seconds.
holt8081
9/18/08 4:15:07PM
I think only mark hammill can use that excuse.

plus you dont need to hear to know your getting your ass whoooped.
MMAcca
9/18/08 4:20:22PM

Posted by holt8081

Harsh
Boo_Radley21
9/18/08 4:35:25PM

Posted by holt8081

Luke Skywalker?
Cobbs666
9/18/08 5:05:32PM

Posted by holt8081

i disagree, i think only his brother matt could
stock
9/18/08 5:24:36PM
Bullshit.

7 more seconds, and Schafer would have been the only guy walking back to his corner without being dragged there by his feet.
MALICE
9/18/08 6:00:52PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by holt8081

Luke Skywalker?

Funniest post I've seen yet.
Solidus
9/18/08 6:03:17PM
That's a first, "I lost because I had so much support"
pinoymixplaya
9/18/08 6:43:55PM
I definitely hate fighter bashing but its so funny to hear someone say that, blaming his home crowd for his loss. I really wanted him to win just because he seems like a good guy and I could see him go somewhere unlike Schafer. What he needs to do is find a gym that focuses mainly on ground or has a reputable ground teachings. If not, he will not come back to the UFC.
bls1919
9/18/08 8:43:33PM
WOW....is all i can say. I am tired of his excuses. He tends to need them right after he gets ownd on the ground. I hope the UFC cuts his new 5 fight deal short. I dont want to watch 4 more of those. Also I was wondering what you guys thought of Houstons knees in the beginning of the fight? Both seemd to land while Schaffer was on his knees? I've only seen the fight that once and it happened quick, but they looked illegal to me
JimiMak
9/18/08 9:09:37PM
I think it woulda been funny. He woulda held on instead of tapping. And when the rd ended he woulda been asleep when Schafer got off of him.
Wolfenstein
9/18/08 9:20:40PM
It's a blood choke Houston, meaning it's not like holding your breath underwater. Ten seconds and Schafer would have sung him a lullaby.
Naturaldisaster
9/18/08 10:17:46PM
I remember during the Kongo/assuerio silva fight Joe rogan was talkin about how horrible Kongo is on the ground, and he says someone should kidnap him and take him to chuck Liddell so he can learn how to sprawl. I think the same things needs to happen for houston. We already know that he can strike, but unless you can (at least) survive on the ground and get to the next round, your not gonna do well in this sport. Houston will be out of UFC now, which sucks cuz he seems like a great guy. But until he gets a ground game then he's gonna have to keep him Radio job and make a few extra bucks in the smaller shows
Naturaldisaster
9/18/08 10:19:03PM

Posted by JimiMak

I think it woulda been funny. He woulda held on instead of tapping. And when the rd ended he woulda been asleep when Schafer got off of him.

lol this isnt Chuck Liddell/Jeremy horn 1 lol
holt8081
9/18/08 11:17:05PM

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by holt8081

i disagree, i think only his brother matt could

ooohhh ya...........him to
MMAcca
9/19/08 12:15:10AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I remember during the Kongo/assuerio silva fight Joe rogan was talkin about how horrible Kongo is on the ground, and he says someone should kidnap him and take him to chuck Liddell so he can learn how to sprawl.

I remember that. What a great quote
postman
9/19/08 2:08:00AM
Liddell has also said if you and Tap to a choke then there is no reason to tap keep working to get out whats the worst that will happen....you go to sleep and then they wake you up. I think alot of guys need to look into this training tip.