Houston Alexander arrested for child abuse after boxing son due to talking dirty on Facebook

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Houston Alexander arrested for child abuse after boxing son due to talking dirty on Facebook
Budgellism
1/1/12 10:44:36PM
Police ticketed popular MMA fighter Houston Alexander for child abuse after the 39-year-old became upset with his 16-year-old and made him box with him.

Police reports say officers were called to a home near 44th and Maple for a domestic disturbance. The older Alexander told them he was having trouble with his teen son, who was "having explicit sexual contact on Facebook with some unknown females." The 16-year-old reportedly lied and "made him very upset."

According to police reports, "Alexander then retrieved boxing gloves and told his son, 'If you are going to lie to me, then we are going to box.'" The two reportedly boxed in the basement. Officers describe the teen as having a "slight bloody nose and pain to his right side."

Alexander was cited for misdemeanor child abuse.

LINK
emfleek
1/1/12 11:13:54PM
Meh. I see nothing wrong with it, personally.
Shawn91111
1/1/12 11:46:16PM
Damn, Houston is lucky, the police arrived just as he gassed and got taken down. A few more quality wins and he is right back in the UFC.
Geoffo
1/2/12 12:14:21AM
This made me LOL.
That's child abuse? Jesus, I got beat with a stick to put me in my place when I was young :P
Kpro
1/2/12 1:07:50AM
If he'd given his son 4 ouncers the son would've been cited with a misdemeanor.
Chael_Sonnen
1/2/12 1:17:56AM
Good for Houston

Nebraska is in the house!!!!!
Aether
1/2/12 2:39:40AM
I'm guessing the kid would have had a lot more than a "sore side" if houston went any more than about 5% on him. Sounds like he was just teaching him a lesson, kind of crazy that this constitutes abuse.
tcunningham
1/2/12 3:04:31AM
more dumbass teenagers need that kind of treatment these days. i f**kin cant stand that generation. nothin but iPhones and facebooking.
Pookie
1/2/12 3:13:51AM
Clearly he wasn't going hard on the kid. I see nothing wrong with it. The kid shouldn't have lied. As a kid, I ALWAYS got in more trouble if i lied about something. All it really did was teach me the value of honesty.
kopower
1/2/12 7:03:00AM
What was the line on his son? If it was decent enough, I might have favored him.

Good for Houston teaching his son a lesson. Child abuse my ass.
MisterFreeze
1/2/12 10:00:41AM
I agree with you all! This is an absurd charge! Houston was just showing a little tough love and discipline to his son. I would do the same.
He is 16, not 6, damn!
airkerma
1/2/12 10:47:20AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Damn, Houston is lucky, the police arrived just as he gassed and got taken down. A few more quality wins and he is right back in the UFC.

Houston Alexander 14-7 (2) | Win | Tko law stoppage 4:13 1 | King of the Alexanders: This time it's personal! |
Bythar
1/2/12 11:06:01AM

Posted by Shawn91111

This is fantastic .
sparky
1/2/12 11:41:35AM

Posted by Bythar

Posted by Shawn91111

This is fantastic .

thats the best thing Ive read all week
mrsmiley
1/2/12 1:29:16PM
Their are clearly worse and far more important cases of neglect out their.
This to me just sounds like a dad putting his son in line.
RhythmAndStyle
1/2/12 1:35:57PM
its not child abused it's discipline..and they wonder why kids act they way they do..smh..props to Houston, tought love goes a long way and does wonders
JoeWarren33
1/2/12 2:49:04PM
I am somewhat a fan of Houston's and got real nervous opening up this thread thinking, he hurt a child. What I didnt expect to read, that it was his 16 year old son, and it didnt even seem like abuse.

This isn't worth Houston getting arrested and charged for.
Maybe he needs to go seek some council, or both him and his son go speak to someone, but this isn't that bad.

On the other hand, I was like his son, I dont think he deserves to get taught a lesson, I guess maybe his son should just be honest with his dad.
This maybe would of not gotten out of hand like it did.

Im sure Houston, could teach his boy some game.
MisterFreeze
1/2/12 5:11:07PM
I'd like to know who called the cops on Houston!?
NE-1
1/2/12 5:12:34PM
I am blown away by the lack of concern expressed by every single fool before me. The kid is 16 years old, his father is a professional fighter. He busted his sons nose and obviously did some internal harm if the kid is complaining of abdominal pain.

If you call that discipline, you're either a fucking idiot or had a fucked up childhood. I pray none of you are parents.

You are some sad individuals.
JoeWarren33
1/2/12 5:26:40PM

I am blown away by the lack of concern expressed by every single fool before me. The kid is 16 years old, his father is a professional fighter. He busted his sons nose and obviously did some internal harm if the kid is complaining of abdominal pain.

If you call that discipline, you're either a fucking idiot or had a fucked up childhood. I pray none of you are parents.

.....and we should no longer see you again as you will be banned. Id love to reply to your commebts but I like it here. Lol
armbar66j7
1/2/12 5:34:47PM
This surprizes me because houston is a really nice guy, is not a typical thug type black guy, hes real family oriented, i think people take things like this too far, but then again, hes a pro fighter, and his son isnt, so i geuss its not really a fair fight, my dad works at a fruit plant, and hed still kick me ass...i can only imagine how bad the beating would be if he was a boxer haha
armbar66j7
1/2/12 5:42:31PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

I am somewhat a fan of Houston's and got real nervous opening up this thread thinking, he hurt a child. What I didnt expect to read, that it was his 16 year old son, and it didnt even seem like abuse.

This isn't worth Houston getting arrested and charged for.
Maybe he needs to go seek some council, or both him and his son go speak to someone, but this isn't that bad.

On the other hand, I was like his son, I dont think he deserves to get taught a lesson, I guess maybe his son should just be honest with his dad.
This maybe would of not gotten out of hand like it did.

Im sure Houston, could teach his boy some game.

yeah...it doesnt seem like Houston fought his son out of malice or intent, thats clearly his way of punishing his son, or "manning him up" for lack of a better phrase...or maybe he is abusive behind the scenes, but to me reading this article, it just sounds to me like a family tradition that got a little out of hand, which most father/son battles do...exspecially if the son fights back...myself, i cower, my dads huge haha, but no, i agree wqith what your sayin, theres like a fine line kind of thing with stuff like this...slappin your son around a little bit might be ok to one guy, but to another guy its disgusting, people are raised differently, but i dont think hes son was in any real danger
Aether
1/2/12 6:58:54PM

Posted by NE-1

Pretty big difference between a "slight bloody nose" (the word slight is there for a reason) and "busted nose". They are not remotely close to the same thing. "Pain in your side" is also not equivalent to "internal damage". You're right, his father is a professional fighter, so do you think that his son would maybe have some broken bones or be unconscious if he was actually hitting him with any serious amount of power?

Your crazy hyperbolic emotional response takes an awful lot of liberties with the facts stated in the article. Pretty much like if you got a splinter and went around telling people that you were stabbed, that is about the level of exaggeration you're employing right now.
MaxOne
1/2/12 8:14:32PM
That isn't abuse it's parenting.
it's ridiculous that he's going to have that on his record. Houston's entire adult life has been about his kids.
Pookie
1/2/12 8:27:53PM

Posted by NE-1

Try reading the article.
sbulldavid
1/2/12 8:30:03PM
Way overblown topic, let the law decide, me personally I would need to know a lot more to make a judgement one way or another.
Poor_Franklin
1/3/12 4:01:12AM
being the Southern man i am, this is a non-issue.