Houston Alexander vs Andre Gusmao

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Houston Alexander vs Andre Gusmao
IriShame
4/21/09 2:18:14AM
What does everybody think? Is Houston going to get another win or is he on his way out of the UFC?
mentalcase
4/21/09 2:21:13AM
housten by flying scissor toe hold
gartface
4/21/09 9:50:58AM
I haven't the foggiest, but my guess is that Andre will get the takedown and submit Houston, and he'll be sent packing.
prozacnation1978
4/21/09 10:25:37AM
his 3 losses i have picked houston to win each time
i don't know how unlucky can a guy get
i don't know hopefully houston will go for the quick blow
Franklinfan47
4/21/09 10:25:39AM
I'm never picking Houston again, he's let me down way too many times

Gusmao by tko!
emfleek
4/21/09 10:34:29AM
Wait...I think the ref is already stepping in to stop the fight.

Gusmao via R1 TKO
Twenty20Dollars
4/21/09 11:16:04AM
I think Houston is going to win this fight, he's going to come out fast and furious like he did against jardine and sakara and finish this.
chickmagnet
4/21/09 1:46:11PM
Houston just doesn't seem to have wrestling, or any jiu jistu in his game. He has hard punches and knees, but he isn't really a great striker. James Irvin showed he can be stopped standing up. I respect the way he fights, but he is mostly just brute power, he reminds a lot of how Tank used to be. He has already been figured out after his first two fights in the octagon, plus he is like 36 already. Another loss could be it for him. I will be rooting for him, but im not sure he will come ut on top.
FedortoAll
4/21/09 5:43:18PM

Posted by gartface

I haven't the foggiest, but my guess is that Andre will get the takedown and submit Houston, and he'll be sent packing.

I see the same thing as well.
bls1919
4/21/09 7:04:29PM
I havent seen enogh of Gusmao to think he is able to quickly dispatch houston, but if the fight makes it way to the ground i have to think Houston losses.
Aaronyman
4/21/09 7:34:23PM
Houston's ground game is absolutely terrible, he doesn't even know how to shrimp.
copcopps
4/25/09 5:53:59PM
taking Gusmao just to be safe
Rabi
4/25/09 8:33:57PM
Just something to consider, Gusmao went 3 rounds with Jon Jones, Im gonna pick Gusmao by rd1 TKO.
MMAcca
4/26/09 8:11:02AM
Gusmao will have little to no problem finishing Alexander quickly
Dragoslav
4/26/09 11:05:27AM
Jardine didn't expect Houston to be able to hit that hard, and everybody beats Sakara. What astonishes me is that ANYONE actually picked Houston against Thiago Silva.
Hendo67
4/26/09 5:32:21PM
Gusmao via some kind of submission.
NatedawgThaM
4/26/09 9:52:17PM

Posted by Rabi

Just something to consider, Gusmao went 3 rounds with Jon Jones, Im gonna pick Gusmao by rd1 TKO.

So, what does that have to do with anything? Forrest went 5 rounds with Rampage and got KO'd by Jardine in the 1st. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees Rampage hits harder then jardine. Plus Jon Jones isn't a heavy hitter, he has some cool ass strikes and packs some decent power but he's no Chuck. Tank & Houston IMO hit harder then him.

I love Houston. He's a person that should get great publicity in MMA because he's such a good person and is a great image for MMA. I'm really pulling for him in this one. Everyones counting him out again but I got his back! Houston for the surprising KO early!
mrkennedy
4/27/09 12:14:08AM
easy fight to call imo

gusmao ko 1 round
the_01
4/27/09 1:44:13AM
To tell you the truth, I still am ancious to see this guy fight even though we've all been let down by him more than once. The fights he won are all memorable and can be considered among the best fights in that year. Its the only fight in that card, along with the Machida fight, that Im really interested in. I hope he wins this time, Im choosing Alexander.
Rabi
4/27/09 2:51:30AM
With regards to Gusmao going 3 rds with Jones, I said that because i look at previous fights when i make my decisions.

When Gusmao and Jones fought neither fighter was well known so I was just stating a fact.

I still think Gusmao rd1 tko.
Mayhem13
4/27/09 11:10:55AM
I have never picked a Alexander fight right...so my advice is to p ick the opposite of what I pick this time.

Gusmao rnd 1 sub