Houston Alexander

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Houston Alexander
Next Page »
nickcuc547
9/9/07 1:45:51AM
this guy is definately for real, he is as explosive as anybody. Who would you like to see him fight next? Personally i would like to see him fight a big name guy now like the winner of machida nakamura.
Ydoc
9/9/07 1:49:52AM
I think he'll give anyone a problem for the first round, but as someone has already said he was gassed in his post fight interview. If he wants to keep this up he needs to get a better tank and learn more overall sub stuff. Did enjoy what he did though, he's a fun guy to watch. Hopefully he can keep it going.
spestle1
9/9/07 1:50:34AM
Yeah, this dude is explosive, he smells blood and finds another gear. I look forward to watching him work his way through, seems alittle emotional though.
warglory
9/9/07 1:57:15AM
I need to see another fight against a better opponent before I decide on Alexander. His fights thus far have been entertaining, no doubt about that.
Trapt1nw0nder
9/9/07 2:10:08AM
I think Sakara has the skill,but he folds under pressure just how he did against Drew Mcfedries...

I would like to see Houston against Wanderlei
OchoCinco
9/9/07 2:23:18AM
Alexander layed it down. I look forward to seeing him fight again. Would love to see him fight the axe murderer.
kopower
9/9/07 2:41:14AM
I would like to see him against a good submission guy. I don't know how well rounded Houston is but man he sure can strike. Maybe when Shogun beats Forrest these two could go at it.
roadking95th
9/9/07 2:52:10AM
I would like to give Houston props for the respect he showed in the ring. I really ripped him after the Jardine fight. He handled himself very well tonight.
buckndro
9/9/07 3:48:58AM
he is awsome like him from last few matches he had cant wait to see who he has to to beat next? alot of power for sure
ultimatefighter33
9/9/07 4:45:25AM
i say give him bisping and then bisping will think about going to 185 after houston destroys him houston is an animal damn also y not let him fight wandy i think that would be awesome
-RiK-
9/9/07 5:38:03AM
i'd love to see him fight wanderlei silva at 79, that fight would be explosive! if not, perhaps bisping?
ocho-cinco
9/9/07 5:47:00AM
I would like to see Houston against Wanderlei

You read my mind. Thats just what I said when the fight was over, If we're giving Forest to Shogun, and Jardine to Liddell, why not HOUSTON ALEXANDER VS WANDERLEI SILVA! Makes sense to me. Then give the winner of that fight to Liddell. There is your octagon warm up for Wandi, then we have the long awaited fight with Laddell that everyone has been waiting......and waiting......and waiting for. Hopefully Houston puts on another good show gets some experience, and there is no shame losing to a legend, and he'd probably be a better man after a scrap with Wandi. But wait, supose Houston wins? Supose he knocks him out in, hmmm, the first round mabey? Well then we have a new star on our hands, and an epic battle between Chuck and Alexander, two of the baddest strikers on the block. One the vet, been knocking people out for years, the other, this new guy who has been cleaning up the octagon with vicious KOs.... I like how this sounds, anyone feel that?
MMA
9/9/07 6:53:48AM
All I am convinced is that Alexander has KO power, that's pretty much it. He gassed so badly in that fight when the pace was not even that fast. Also, beating Sakara is hardly anything to be proud of (his win over Jardine was bigger).

I would like to see an opponent who lasts past the 1st round and really see how Houston works. He looks like the kind of guy who would "blow his wad" all in the 1st and get beaten in the 2nd and 3rd.
xchickox
9/9/07 7:09:01AM
he has some awesome power, that knee was so powerful, but like people have said how will be over distance, and also if he gets taken down
MartinKillMcGill
9/9/07 8:08:49AM
Love wathing houston fight and would love to see him fight silva. It has the makings of one hell of fight. If the ufc dont give him silva then I would love to see him fight the winner of Evans and tito to realy test his cardio and take down defence.
keith-hackney1
9/9/07 10:15:46AM
Houston vs the winner of liddel/ jardine.
Ordep
9/9/07 10:54:05AM
If Chuck's not ready for Wand @ 79 ... this guy should be Wand's opponent and it will be a reaaally good fight, but he better work on his stamina
kaduey
9/9/07 2:04:03PM
I was a huge Alexander doubter and it cost me $1000! I will never call Houston Alexancer overrated again but if he fought Wandy I'd still pick him to lose.
richieb19
9/9/07 2:05:08PM

Posted by nickcuc547

this guy is definately for real, he is as explosive as anybody. Who would you like to see him fight next? Personally i would like to see him fight a big name guy now like the winner of machida nakamura.

I don't care how many people are riding on his bandwagon now, he would get utterly destroyed by Nakamura or Machida.
spestle1
9/9/07 4:38:09PM
Yeah, he handled himself better tonight, but it looked like he had to really think about it, he paused over him.
spestle1
9/9/07 4:49:12PM
Seems like Houston may be able to overwhelm Chuck like he did Jardine. Jardine hurt him, which would make one believe Chuck could also, but the overwhelming attack, he used in both fights, could work against Chuck. I like Chuck but I wonder if his style might not be too much like Jardine's, Chuck likes space and Houston closes the gap fast. Fun to watch, I like Houston in the first in either case, KO baby! I think it s gonna take a great grappler to stop him, or someone who can get him into the latter rounds (seems like his stamina could be an issue, hard to tell based on his preformances so far).
SpiderSilva
9/9/07 5:02:02PM
I dont think Jardene hert him do to the fact that he came at him and destroyed hime looked like a slip I dont think he is ready for Wandi I want to see him fight Mcfedries Alexander looked small out there he might be able to get to 185
babalu2720
9/9/07 6:18:41PM
Unfortunately i learned Houston is for real, i bet on Sakara and i paid for it...He is definetly a great striker, but he's only been in the Octagon for 2 Minutes! We haven't seen his cardio, ground game, and stratagy(see how adjusts if the fight isn't going his way)....I was really impressed with his clinch thoughs knees wre brutal!!!!
loller90278
9/9/07 6:42:32PM
i'd like to see alexander vs overeem
Svartorm
9/9/07 10:33:07PM

Posted by richieb19
I don't care how many people are riding on his bandwagon now, he would get utterly destroyed by Nakamura or Machida.

I wouldn't say destroyed against Nakamura, as hes not great at finishing fights, but I'd say Nak would definitely get a Un. Decision. Machida on the other hand is too hard to hit and would fight a smart fight against Houston, so I bet he could finish it late in the 2nd.
hook_tothe_body
9/9/07 10:47:19PM
Man, Alexander looked shredded. His upper body was so much bigger than his waist. It looked really funny.

Wouldn't want to see him fight top ten guys or anything, but a step up from Alessio Sakara.

But like someone above said, we haven't seen anything but Houstons striking ability.

Do you guys think Alexander would be Jardine in a rematch? Jardine did seem to underestimate Alexander.
Svartorm
9/9/07 11:04:40PM
I'd give it a 50/50 if there was a rematch. I think he could do it again, but Jardine definitely has an edge on cardio and has great leg kicks and short hooks, so if it went late into the first or the later rounds, I'd say Jardine could do it.
MMA
9/9/07 11:05:08PM

Posted by loller90278

i'd like to see alexander vs overeem

I think Overeem would maul him in the stand-up and then once they get to the ground, he'd stink it up.
Sam_Rothstein
9/10/07 2:28:27AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by richieb19

I wouldn't say destroyed against Nakamura, as hes not great at finishing fights, but I'd say Nak would definitely get a Un. Decision. Machida on the other hand is too hard to hit and would fight a smart fight against Houston, so I bet he could finish it late in the 2nd.

machida?!?!?!?

hahaha he couldnt even finish sam hoger or vernon white

it seems like ages ago since he knocked out rich franklin. hes too worried about keeping his undefeated to try and go for a stoppage
haribon
9/10/07 6:22:42AM
i'm still unconvinced with alexander. jardine underestimated his power in their first fight. jardine thought he hurt him when in fact it was a slip so he left himself open to alexander's power shots. sakara just didnt have a good defense against groudn & pound. alexander wouldnt win against machida..
Pages: [1] 2