Houston Alexander

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Houston Alexander
NinjaCyborg
1/7/09 12:21:35PM
Will we be seeing him in the UFC again?
SmileR
1/7/09 12:40:58PM
He just signed a new contract with the UFC I think it was for 7 fights but i'm not to sure.
He'll be fighting again soon though don't worry
IriShame
1/7/09 12:43:06PM
I sincerely hope not. This is one guy who should be fighting on smaller shows not in the UFC.
NinjaCyborg
1/7/09 12:46:48PM
I wouldn't call myself a fan of his, but I don't mind watching him fight.
I just wondered though because he's been made to look like an amatuer in his last few fights.
SmileR
1/7/09 12:59:49PM

Posted by IriShame

I sincerely hope not. This is one guy who should be fighting on smaller shows not in the UFC.

I don't see why not? the guy is always exciting, I can't remember one of his fights I haven't been on the edge of my seat for. Plus he's a very marketable guy and always has time for his fans.
I think he deserves his place in the UFC.

Hendo67
1/7/09 1:12:43PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by IriShame

I don't see why not? the guy is always exciting, I can't remember one of his fights I haven't been on the edge of my seat for. Plus he's a very marketable guy and always has time for his fans.

Yep, i agree fully.
wiggum
1/7/09 1:21:49PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by IriShame

exactly.....hes always exciting, always a gentlemen about the sport, knows his place in it as well....also he reminds people of early ufcs with the no nonsense approach
Hendo67
1/7/09 1:30:26PM
I laughed so hard at the post fight interview with Rogan...
"MY LITTLE GIRLS HIT HARDER THAN THAT!"

sorry Houston, but...they don't.
TheNatural915
1/7/09 1:45:00PM
He will, he is an exciting fighter with great knock out power plus he is a fan favorite. Alexander would be good if he had some ground game.
Franklinfan47
1/7/09 2:03:16PM
I completely disagree. Houston has lost 3 straight and should be sent to smaller shows for a while where he can work on his overall game. He has great power but needs to seriously work on his jj and GnP game before coming back.
Hendo67
1/7/09 2:46:17PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I completely disagree. Houston has lost 3 straight and should be sent to smaller shows for a while where he can work on his overall game. He has great power but needs to seriously work on his jj and GnP game before coming back.

What about Vera? he's 1-4 in his last 5, isn't he?
One thing that Houston has on Vera is exciting.
gravy13
1/7/09 2:48:23PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I totally agree with you. He needs to work his way back up.

Nevermind, screw that. Just have him fight Marvin Eastman and be done with it.
Wolfenstein
1/7/09 2:57:30PM
Houston probably goes more out of his way to interact with fans than any other fighter. Seriously the guy is everywhere, and because of that he's very popular. It's a great wayto keep a job in the UFC by ingratiating himself to the fans. I've heard he's a really nice guy to. He'llget more slack because of this, and I'm cool with that because he cares about the fans and wants to put on a good show.

He obviously has a lot of work to do, as right now he is basically the Drew McFedries of the LHW division, but I think everydivision needs that hard hitting slugger that can test the newcomers.

Hopefully he'll get a few favorable matches in the future and get back in the win column.

RhythmAndStyle
1/7/09 3:24:25PM
Dana White said Houston was cut from the UFC after his match with Eric "Red"...
bls1919
1/7/09 6:47:03PM
Yeah unless he gets a ground game put together he will never break the surface of the LHW division in the UFC. The talent pool is too deep IMO. Not saying he isn't exciting win or lose with Houston its fireworks.
Franklinfan47
1/7/09 9:38:47PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by Franklinfan47

Correct, but technically he's only riding a one fight losing streak, and his last loss was a close split decision. I think Vera also differs in this way because he dropped down in weight after two losses at HW, decisioning former champ Tim Sylvia, and dropping a controversial stoppage to Werdum. Alexander, on the other hand, has been stopped in the first round of his last three fights.
Hendo67
1/7/09 9:48:30PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by Franklinfan47

Correct, but technically he's only riding a one fight losing streak, and his last loss was a close split decision. I think Vera also differs in this way because he dropped down in weight after two losses at HW, decisioning former champ Tim Sylvia, and dropping a controversial stoppage to Werdum. Alexander, on the other hand, has been stopped in the first round of his last three fights.

But the thing that Alexander has over Vera is excitement, i'd rather watch a kick ass 1 round fight then watch Vera for 3 rounds, haha.
prozacnation1978
1/7/09 11:58:58PM
houston should get one more shot but i think he will be out i lost last 3 bets on him i won't bet on him again give him bader or vinny
the_01
1/8/09 8:48:38AM
Id rather see him figh anyday, than watching other boring fighters (who also happen to have consecutive wins)..
You know something is gonna happen in his fights. I just wish he trains better.
State_Champ
1/9/09 4:03:21PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by Franklinfan47

yes.
urbman
1/9/09 6:14:24PM
I think if he could learn to sprawl better and stuff people's takedown's he'd be much more formidable, and a little harder to plan for.
jawbreaker517
1/10/09 12:02:53AM
He's got devastating explosion, but needs to work on his ground game. Overall I like him.
Kpro
1/10/09 12:08:00AM
I think he should wear Usher shoes. That way when someone shoots on him he'll just sliiiiiiide into a grapple against the cage.
Pitbull09
1/10/09 4:36:17PM
He will never be a contender but any striker that good always has a place in the UFC's undercard. His fight with Shafer was crazy and even though he knew absolutely nothing on the ground, it still made a back and forth fight