The House That Hazelett's Submissions Built

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The House That Hazelett's Submissions Built
DCRage
6/25/08 9:34:23AM
It turns out that Dustin Hazelett wasn't just fighting for a victory against Josh Burkman at the TUF 7 Finale. He was also fighting for money-the bonuses he earned for his submission victory and Fight Of The Night helped Hazelett get that much closer to buying a house he's had his eyes on and needed the money for.

Article
bojangalz
6/25/08 11:18:28AM
I love a good submission expert, as long as they arn't just laying around hoping someone will come down to them. McLovin practically won against Kos, and at 22yo I think the sky is the imit for this kid. He's still got some work to do on his striking, but I think it's pretty clear that his biggest weakness at this point in post-fight interviews lol. There's plenty of time to figure it all out.

Sick, sick armbar- seriously.

Also, props to Berkman for holding him off until the second. That was some pretty solid sub defense.
gartface
6/25/08 12:18:57PM
That's awesome.
iwannabesedated
6/25/08 3:24:46PM
So much for not paying your fighters well.
Figsak
6/25/08 4:58:57PM

Posted by bojangalz

I love a good submission expert, as long as they arn't just laying around hoping someone will come down to them. McLovin practically won against Kos, and at 22yo I think the sky is the imit for this kid. He's still got some work to do on his striking, but I think it's pretty clear that his biggest weakness at this point in post-fight interviews lol. There's plenty of time to figure it all out.

Sick, sick armbar- seriously.

Also, props to Berkman for holding him off until the second. That was some pretty solid sub defense.

Agreed. Nothing I love seeing more than a slick submission.

question, does it piss you off as much as it does me when the drunk idiots in the crowd who stumbled in thinking MMA was a French anagram for Boxing Boxing Kicking start booing anytime it goes to the ground?