Hot Events

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Hot Events
DCRage
12/6/07 11:51:22AM
Something I've been curious about recently-how is the "Hot Event" fight decided for each event? I would think usually it would be the Main Event or a huge undercard fight (like Liddell-Silva) but usually it seems like it's a somewhere in the midcard fight.
tuvok500
12/6/07 11:55:16AM
The hot bout is the fight with the closest picks.

so a 50% for fighter X and 50% for fighter Z is the closest fight you can have !!

Nothing to do with how big the names are or a championship fight.

Also, the hot bout must be in the main card, not an undercard fight.

Svartorm
12/7/07 3:45:09AM
No, it can be an undercard too. Its the closest fight on that card, as far as picks are concerned.
tuvok500
12/7/07 3:26:11PM

Posted by Svartorm

No, it can be an undercard too. Its the closest fight on that card, as far as picks are concerned.

I am sorry but you are wrong .
this is the rule of the hot bout wrote in the website rules:

The fight which has the closest number of people picking each combatant as the winner is named the "hot bout", thus you are rewarded for "seeing through the hype" to accurately know who will win a contested matchup. The "hot bout" for an event will have its point totals doubled. . Note: In the event that the "hot bout" is on the undercard of an event, another fight that is running close in picks from the main card may be selected as the "hot bout" by the administration.

that situation already happened and the hot bout was the second closest in the picks because of the first closest was an undercard fight.

DoTheMMAth
12/7/07 3:46:56PM

In the event that the "hot bout" is on the undercard of an event, another fight that is running close in picks from the main card may be selected as the "hot bout" by the administration

This only happened a few times in the past
tuvok500
12/7/07 5:47:09PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

In the event that the "hot bout" is on the undercard of an event, another fight that is running close in picks from the main card may be selected as the "hot bout" by the administration

This only happened a few times in the past

so what is the point of a rule if it is base only on the apreciation of the staff and it can or can not be selected by the closest picks ?

What are the real criteria ?

the weather ??

candynuts
12/10/07 10:44:29AM
Ohh.. I thought hot events were everytime Gina Carano fights