Why make a hot event one that is not televised?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Why make a hot event one that is not televised?
thestaton
12/28/07 8:16:09PM
Seems kind of silly to make an event worth double the points that no one can watch...
hotrodttt
12/28/07 8:35:25PM
Well the Hot Event is based on which fight is the clostest in percentage and I guess it would be preferred to be a televised bout like Dan Henderson vs Rampage Jackson but I guess it really doesn't matter depending on the person.

I'm also on a hotstreak, I have never got a Hot Event Wrong and I got 22 points on all of them except for the Ed Herman vs Joe Doerkson but It would have gone to a decision except Ed is a beast and he Knocked Joe out.

And if you want advise, I got Mark Bocek by 1st round submission
loller90278
12/28/07 9:18:40PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Well the Hot Event is based on which fight is the clostest in percentage and I guess it would be preferred to be a televised bout like Dan Henderson vs Rampage Jackson but I guess it really doesn't matter depending on the person.

I'm also on a hotstreak, I have never got a Hot Event Wrong and I got 22 points on all of them except for the Ed Herman vs Joe Doerkson but It would have gone to a decision except Ed is a beast and he Knocked Joe out.

And if you want advise, I got Mark Bocek by 1st round submission

ive never won a hot event, but i got mark bocek by 3rd KO
npayant
12/29/07 7:20:08PM
I have often wondered the same thing....

According to the site's info:

"The fight which has the closest number of people picking each combatant as the winner is named the "hot bout", thus you are rewarded for "seeing through the hype" to accurately know who will win a contested matchup. The "hot bout" for an event will have its point totals doubled. Note: In the event that the "hot bout" is on the undercard of an event, another fight that is running close in picks from the main card may be selected as the "hot bout" by the administration."

Notice the last sentence of that info. (That seems to rarely happen even if the event is on the undercard...the site still keeps it as the hot bout)

A great example: UFC 79

Evans vs Bocek 49% to 51% (not that interesting of a fight)

Machida vs Sokoudjou 47% to 53% (pretty close and a WAY more popular fight)

They should have made that the hot bout IMO...but I know it's their call