The hot event blues.... (carneiro v. chonan)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The hot event blues.... (carneiro v. chonan)
xposipx
5/25/08 1:00:26PM
I have a hot event curse and I feel so completely stupid for having picked koppenhaver over yoshida. I knew better...really.

Anyways, the next one does NOT get any easier. Chonan defeated Roan before via cut. Anyone know how that fight was going down prior to the stoppage? I'm leaning towards Chonan on this one, but he could easily get caught with a sub. If it goes to a decision I think Chonan has it, but I'd like to know what you all think on this one.
hotrodttt
5/25/08 1:10:07PM
I'm definately going with Roan, he's Bigger, Stronger, Better Jui Jitsu, Wrestling, and Better Stand Up.

Their last Fight was Stopped because Roan went for a Takedown and Ryo landed a Knee that cut him Open
Franklinfan47
5/25/08 1:30:21PM

Posted by xposipx

I have a hot event curse and I feel so completely stupid for having picked koppenhaver over yoshida. I knew better...really.

Anyways, the next one does NOT get any easier. Chonan defeated Roan before via cut. Anyone know how that fight was going down prior to the stoppage? I'm leaning towards Chonan on this one, but he could easily get caught with a sub. If it goes to a decision I think Chonan has it, but I'd like to know what you all think on this one.

I feel your pain bro lol I feel so dum for picking War Machine now.

I'm going with Chonan though. Should be a pretty solid back and forth 3 round war, but I think Chonan will get the decision.
Twenty20Dollars
5/25/08 1:34:58PM
i did super bad at ufc 84, but i think i'll take roan because he seems to have an all round better skills than ryo.
tylerlee123
5/25/08 2:05:54PM
I know what you feel by picking War Machine i did as well, as for Chonan and Carneiro, I'd like too see Chonan start making an impact but Carneiro is tough Fitch's toughtest fight in the ufc so far was to Roan, so i see this fight being a war for sure I want to see Chonan take it but pretty confident in Carneiro
babalu2720
5/25/08 9:08:31PM
Have to spread the love, but I agree with what you say. I think Roan's clear wrestling, and strength advantage will allow him to put some heavy ground and pound on Chonan, and he should be able to defend Chonan's subs. Roan was only subbed by Fitch because he was rocked, and appeared to be either physically or mentally gassed.
Aaronno9
5/25/08 9:22:06PM
Guess im going against the grain here by picking chonan. Hes been in their with some top guys at 185 (although he did get flattened by hendo and baroni) and hes beaten newton and mach at ww. I didnt see the mach fight but i heard that was by cut aswell, not sure how the fight was going till that point. Anyways, i think hes pretty underrated, and he was giving karo a good fight when he wasnt being pinned up against the fence for however long karo could keep it there.

That said, carneiro is so well rounded its hard to pick against him, so im expecting my pick to of changed a few times before the fight actually happens.
xposipx
5/25/08 11:50:16PM
Thanks guys, still no idea what I'm doing here but the comments helped a lot. I had Carneiro to begin with and switched it to Chonan before this thread was made. Now I'm leaning back towards Roan....gotta love this site.