"Hot Bout" is such crap!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » "Hot Bout" is such crap!
TheFoo
6/24/07 1:58:07AM
Why set up the game the way it is, and then add that feature which completely changes the outcome based on one single pick more then any two or three combined?!
MrLehman
6/24/07 2:04:28AM
I like it i have gotten 22 on the last 2 of em
npayant
6/24/07 2:14:12AM
I agree on the hot bout thing...

Of course I did have Manny this time...

But anyway, it sucks to nail a ton of fights right on and still get pounded because of one single fight...
cincyassasin
6/24/07 9:39:41AM
I like it......they clearly tell you before the event what bouts are indeed "hot" so it's up to you to pick that fight with extra care.
LightsOut33093
6/24/07 9:48:10AM
nellyhiphophead
6/24/07 2:39:28PM

Posted by MrLehman

I like it i have gotten 22 on the last 2 of em

me too ahaha i guess other budy hasn't done the saem or he wouldn't be crying over them ahah.
Metafour
6/24/07 4:08:23PM
I don't think that the hot bout thing is bad. It's used to give bonus points to those who pick the outcome of a fight with close lines.
mma_fan_matt
6/24/07 6:08:00PM
I always lose them. From now on I think I'll pick the opposite of who I think will win.
Bountytaker
6/25/07 10:07:24AM
I think the hot bout feature helps even things up a bit. Correctly picking an overwhelming favorite, and correctly picking the winner of an even match, shouldn't be worth the same points. Remember, you always have your record to show how well you are doing overall. But, fantasy points wise, you've got to recognize when someone's correctly picking "harder" bouts.

However, instead of giving double points for the entire score of a hot bout, I'd be fine if they just doubled the 5 points you got for the winner. So, instead of a max of 22, you'd max at 16. After all, the point is that these two guys are too close to call a winner...not too close to pick the correct finish. So, give 10 for the win, then 2,2,2. Seems fair, no?

I'd be cool with that change, but no other.
CornishMMA
6/25/07 10:37:46AM
rcg916
6/25/07 10:52:52AM
The truth is, everyones going to have their opinion, and itll be based on what helps them the most. In all fairness, MMAPlayground builds the game, lets let then build the game!
KingKash
6/28/07 11:26:28AM

Posted by rcg916

The truth is, everyones going to have their opinion, and itll be based on what helps them the most. In all fairness, MMAPlayground builds the game, lets let then build the game!

And they have been doing a good job. This is a new thing and it will take time to get it right. The changes that they made from the last season have been great and i think that it is only going to get better.
TOMMYAYO05
6/28/07 8:04:58PM
I like the hot bout tito is the man