Hot Bout for UFC 91?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Hot Bout for UFC 91?
JoeySteel
11/14/08 2:09:12PM
I really think the hot bout should be Jeremy Stephens and Rafael dos Anjos. This was a VERY difficult pick for me.

I went against the grain on most of my picks according to the wagers I see. And I think dos Anjos will take this one by an early choke.

Man, this is a well matched up card though, really intresting fights. you have a few strikers vs. a few groud folks, we are gonna see some crazy stratedies hopefully.

Might I add. The Kid vs. Bocek fight was also hard. In the end I took Bocek, but not happily. My stomach still turns over this fight.

I don't see Jorge's fight as the hot bout. Lesner vs. Couture is hotter and harder to pick.

Anyone's thoughts.

Am I missing something?
Jackelope
11/14/08 2:12:17PM
The hot bout is actually picked automatically by the system based on the picks people put in. Whichever fight is the closest percentage wise in picks ends up becoming the hot bout. That's why sometimes you'll see the hotbout switched in the weeks heading into an event.

I agree though- this card has interesting matchups all over it. I can't wait to see Joe Daddy go to work against Kenflo in what I believe will be an incredibly technical display put on by Kenny.

Also, Hazelett vs. McCrory and Maia vs. Quarry are incredibly interesting to me.
DCRage
11/14/08 2:34:51PM
It's probably going to be Gurgel-Riley but when I checked the percentages earlier today there's a very slim chance it could change to Lesnar-Couture before the deadline arrives tomorrow. Gurgel-Riley was about 55-45 earlier today, Lesnar-Couture was at 60-40.
EvenFlow
11/14/08 3:25:35PM
I dont think the Stephens Dos Anjos fight is very hard, Jeremy has come into his own (if you've seen all his fights) and is soon to be a force... Jeremy by first or second round KO. I think this card has a chance to be loaded with upsets.
ncordless
11/14/08 4:12:43PM

Posted by EvenFlow

I dont think the Stephens Dos Anjos fight is very hard, Jeremy has come into his own (if you've seen all his fights) and is soon to be a force... Jeremy by first or second round KO. I think this card has a chance to be loaded with upsets.

Have you ever seen Dos Anjos? With the exception of his recent fight against Otsuka the same could be said of him.

I agree that this event has a lot of interesting matches.
jiujitsufreak74
11/14/08 6:43:22PM
i have a bad feeling i'm going to go 5-4 on this event. too many tough fights to call and Hendricks and Dos Anjos are literally giving me nightmares about them winning. Gurgel fight is a toss up and every other fight leaves a shred of doubt no matter who you pick. this is one of the more stressful cards i had to pick.
Pookie
11/14/08 10:05:02PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i have a bad feeling i'm going to go 5-4 on this event. too many tough fights to call and Hendricks and Dos Anjos are literally giving me nightmares about them winning. Gurgel fight is a toss up and every other fight leaves a shred of doubt no matter who you pick. this is one of the more stressful cards i had to pick.

You know i feel quite the opposite, i have good expectations for this card .
Rush
11/14/08 11:01:28PM

Posted by Pookie

I always feel good about my picks and one thing history has shown me is that it means shit.
EvenFlow
11/15/08 12:15:44AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by EvenFlow

Have you ever seen Dos Anjos? With the exception of his recent fight against Otsuka the same could be said of him.

I agree that this event has a lot of interesting matches.

yeah anything can happen
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/15/08 8:56:30AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Pookie

I always feel good about my picks and one thing history has shown me is that it means shit.

Right you are sir
wolfman
11/15/08 11:47:15AM

Posted by Pookie

Hopefully, you didn't jinx yourself Pookie.
prozacnation1978
11/15/08 1:42:49PM
is it me or is every jorge gurgel fight a hot bout??
Wolfenstein
11/15/08 2:16:41PM
I feel like I've crossed all my I's and dotted all my T's...as far as knowing all of the fighters strengths, and reviewing the only guy that I've seen fight only once "Rafael Dos Anjos". This is definetely one of the toughest events in a while.

I'vetried to stay away fromchanging my pcks at the last minute, but I had to change my pick to Boceck over Kid. At first I thought Kid's striking might be too much, but after watching Boceck's fight with Edgar, I think he can hang long enough to get the takedown and finish em.
DCRage
11/15/08 6:26:09PM
Turns out to be Gurgel-Riley as the Hot Bout, 54-46% on picks. For those curious, like me, the final Couture-Lesnar picks came out to be 60-40 in favor of Randy.
Pookie
11/16/08 12:46:01PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Pookie

Hopefully, you didn't jinx yourself Pookie.

I did alright