UFC could host a military-themed event in December

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC could host a military-themed event in December
SmileR
9/2/08 4:15:44PM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship and Spike TV are working toward a military-themed event that would likely take place Dec. 10 -- on a U.S. military base -- as a fundraiser for the Fisher House charity.

Sources close to the event tell MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that organizers have advanced past the preliminary planning stages, though a number of obstacles remain.

Spike TV officials could neither confirm nor deny the possibility of the event when today reached for comment.

However, according to multiple sources, the event would likely feature some UFC fighters who come from a military background (and many who don't). A main event for the card has not been determined.

Link
ohiostate1016
9/2/08 4:22:52PM
Well, I guess we know when former Marine Luigi Fioravanti is fighting again. The last event like this was great, and I'm looking forward to this one as well.
Wolfenstein
9/2/08 4:51:58PM
Please don't. The patriotic stuff just makes me nautious.
jae_1833
9/2/08 6:26:00PM
YAAAHH!!!! Have it on Camp Pendleton, the best Marine Corps base and conveniently located in SOCAL!!!!
DiabloFreak56
9/2/08 6:59:15PM
this will be awesome i love how many events the ufc is putting together now. its really is awesome
crushedbacon
9/2/08 8:25:26PM
PUKE .......Nation building garbage.
gartface
9/2/08 8:46:10PM
Yes!!! I <3 the military, and am very glad they're putting on another. The one at Miramar was awesome.
USA!!!