Horror Movie Character tourny ROUND 4 - Matchup #2

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Horror Movie Character tourny ROUND 4 - Matchup #2
« Previous Page
POLL: Who win.s
Freddy - king of elm street 43% (16)
Predator 57% (21)
Aether
8/22/11 7:43:02PM
I'm still choked that freddy beat pinhead. pinhead can do everything freddy can do and a lot more.

long live pinhead!
prophecy033
8/22/11 9:04:45PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I think Freddy has the given ability to do what he wants. How do we know Predator doesn't sleep?

He sleeps, but doesnt dream, because he hibernates.
Predator 2 showed them hibernating on the spaceship. And hibernation slows your brain too much to dream.

But i don't really buy the arguement that Freddy can do what he wants. He get's beaten by teenage cunning in every movie, other than Freddy v. Jason. In that movie he just got beat by a big ass zombie with a machete.

remember, the predator is ALIEN, so by you saying that when they hibernate their brains slow down, your thinking on earth and human terms, and since we know really nothing Bout their planet or them for that matter, your using another assumption in coming to that conclusion.
Pookie
8/22/11 9:58:24PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I think Freddy has the given ability to do what he wants. How do we know Predator doesn't sleep?

Predator 2 showed them hibernating on the spaceship. And hibernation slows your brain too much to dream.

But i don't really buy the arguement that Freddy can do what he wants. He get's beaten by teenage cunning in every movie, other than Freddy v. Jason. In that movie he just got beat by a big ass zombie with a machete.

remember, the predator is ALIEN, so by you saying that when they hibernate their brains slow down, your thinking on earth and human terms, and since we know really nothing Bout their planet or them for that matter, your using another assumption in coming to that conclusion.

yes but also by that same logic, we are assuming that freddy can hurt him, but we don't know that because he is Alien, and freddy may not even be able to enter his dreams at all. After all, i don't think Freddy can enter an animal's dreams.
prophecy033
8/23/11 1:18:08AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Theoutlaw08

yes but also by that same logic, we are assuming that freddy can hurt him, but we don't know that because he is Alien, and freddy may not even be able to enter his dreams at all. After all, i don't think Freddy can enter an animal's dreams.

Again, were assuming animals dream. Were talking about three different beasts here. Assumption will need to be made to make up for the unknown. But then again, isn't this whole tournament based on assumptions?
Pookie
8/23/11 1:23:22AM
Yes, and i'm assuming Predators don't dream/dream in a way that freddy can't enter. It's all speculation.

And ROCKETS!!!
prophecy033
8/23/11 12:08:56PM

Posted by Pookie

Yes, and i'm assuming Predators don't dream/dream in a way that freddy can't enter. It's all speculation.

And ROCKETS!!!

gotta love rockets
grappler0000
8/23/11 12:09:59PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Pookie

And ROCKETS!!!

gotta love rockets

Unless they're red
Pookie
8/23/11 12:36:28PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Pookie

And ROCKETS!!!

gotta love rockets

Unless they're red

I know a few girls who would disagree.
mrsmiley
8/23/11 2:21:40PM
I don't get why everyone thinks Jason beat Freddy.
Freddy had him lying on the floor crying as child,then was drowning him to death before he awakened.
Even at the end Freddy was holding strong until the teens came back to intervene. If it hadn't a been for the kids at all Jason would have died at the mid-point of the movie.
Jason (and Michael) are my two all time favirotes but from where I stood the fight seemed to go to Freddy at every angle if the kids hadn't of interfered.. Even at the end when he had Freddy's head it seemed too much like a dream sequence.

End rant,on to the topic.
This is just such a wierd one.
A few months back I make a Predator vs Jason thread,now we end up with Freddy vs Predator. Go figure.
This battle is going off a lot of X factors.
Can Freddy get in the Predators head?
Has the Predator ever tackled on a supernatural force before?
If the Yautja/Hish have no knowledge of the supernatural Freddy may be able to wreak havok.
In comic book the Predator has taken on Superman (a very weak version),Batman,and Judge Dread. That's a pretty nice record.

Now on to Freddy.
He's fought against the combatants of Mortal Kombat,Jason,and Ash from Army of Darkness. A cool list as well.

I gotta go more towards predator. but really their are so many toss ups to put in this fight Freddy could pull it off.

Pookie
8/24/11 6:14:46AM
You know, superman and batman were characters in a Mortal Kombat game. Just like Freddy. If Predator can compete with batman, we can compete with MK warriors. And thus, freddy and predator might be more similar than i realized.

mrsmiley
8/24/11 6:24:09AM

Posted by Pookie

You know, superman and batman were characters in a Mortal Kombat game. Just like Freddy. If Predator can compete with batman, we can compete with MK warriors. And thus, freddy and predator might be more similar than i realized.

I forgot about DC vs MK.
So yeah I guess their loosely connected in that way.
Pages: 1 [2]